E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Why would any one buy anything other than a JUICE BOX



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
s2kdagjd
First Lieutenant
 
s2kdagjd's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport IB
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LA

Posts: 325
iTrader: (4)

Why would any one buy anything other than a JUICE BOX

as the title saids why would anyone buy other untuneable piggybacks? you cant beat $350...

Flame suit ON......
s2kdagjd is offline  
0
      01-10-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Bubbles
Green Bastard
 
Bubbles's Avatar
 
Drives: ZCP-Powered
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bishop Bend

Posts: 3,546
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kdagjd View Post
as the title saids why would anyone buy other untuneable piggybacks? you cant beat $350...

Flame suit ON......
__________________
Bubbles is offline   Cayman Islands
0
      01-10-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
s2kdagjd
First Lieutenant
 
s2kdagjd's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport IB
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: LA

Posts: 325
iTrader: (4)

c'mon people lets see what you got
s2kdagjd is offline  
0
      01-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #4
AU335
Colonel
 
AU335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Southeast

Posts: 2,332
iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to AU335 Send a message via MSN to AU335
Im a JB customer as you probably know... but starting this thread is definitely going to require a Heavy Duty Flame suit

If you want anything around ~350rwhp + alot more torque on 91/93oct, PROcede is going to get you there. JB requires higher octane + Hotpill & R to get you in the upper 300's

But then again...you cant beat $379
AU335 is offline   United_States
0
      01-10-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
 
335iheLLraiseR's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: sfl

Posts: 4,660
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [5.00]
i think they should change the title to "why you shouldn't get a JB"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
335iheLLraiseR is offline   United_States
0
      01-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Vince@ V K Motorwerks's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bloomingdale, IL

Posts: 1,739
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kdagjd View Post
as the title saids why would anyone buy other untuneable piggybacks? you cant beat $350...

Flame suit ON......
Dude, you know your just trying to instigate shit, I hope you get kicked off for starting this dumb ass thread.

Also get Mjís pic off of there, you donít represent the Chi.
Vince@ V K Motorwerks is offline  
0
      01-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #7
fll335
Major
 
fll335's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06, X5M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: FL

Posts: 1,197
iTrader: (3)

.
fll335 is offline   United_States
0
      01-10-2008, 10:48 PM   #8
yahtzee
El Capitan
 
yahtzee's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia

Posts: 660
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown335i View Post
Dude, you know your just trying to instigate shit, I hope you get kicked off for starting this dumb ass thread.

Also get Mjís pic off of there, you donít represent the Chi.
Maybe he is so behind the times that he thinks Jordan is still playing (god knows that's the only thing that would get me to watch the NBA these days).
yahtzee is offline   United_States
0
      01-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #9
kaji335i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
kaji335i's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: that place

Posts: 1,896
iTrader: (0)

I can make a solution that will cost $50, will you buy it? I'm just some dude in my garage.
kaji335i is offline  
0
      01-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #10
Gen_E92
Brigadier General
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Vancouver

Posts: 3,386
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.90]
Gen_E92 is offline   Japan
0
      01-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #11
Insider
Captain
 
Insider's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 4,500 feet above sea level

Posts: 710
iTrader: (0)

If the JBS2 was any better of a product, it would be a sin.
__________________
http://www.insiderpicks.com - The world's best stock picks.
Insider is offline  
0
      01-10-2008, 11:14 PM   #12
DrDomer
Major
 
DrDomer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Iowa

Posts: 1,349
iTrader: (0)

Hell.. wrong website... try the new N54tech site...
__________________
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
DrDomer is offline   United_States
0
      01-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #13
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

i'd rather have v-tec......
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
      01-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #14
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
 
shiv@vishnu's Avatar
 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

Posts: 17,611
iTrader: (0)

If it is all about price, I can show you guys how to make 310-315whp with less than $2 worth or resistors. Basically, it will raise max boost to approx 10-11psi. It wont control timing, fuel or have direct drive boost control. But it'll be just as safe as the lower priced tuning devices on the market, imho.

shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
0
      01-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #15
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
 
ChaneRZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,501
iTrader: (0)

this is gay.
__________________

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
ChaneRZ is offline   United_States
0
      01-11-2008, 12:01 AM   #16
BoostedBMW
Moderator
 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
Here we go again.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
BoostedBMW is offline   United_States
0
      01-11-2008, 12:03 AM   #17
munters
Captain
 
munters's Avatar
 
Drives: E91 335XI AT Dakota Black M
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Switzerland

Posts: 675
iTrader: (0)

You can buy a stereo at radio shak for 50 $ or buy lets say audio research tube amplifiers and so on for 200K$.
Both play musik both accept every cd.
Every one has to decide himself what sounds better for him...
munters is offline  
0
      01-11-2008, 12:06 AM   #18
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
 
shiv@vishnu's Avatar
 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

Posts: 17,611
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by munters View Post
You can buy a stereo at radio shak for 50 $ or buy lets say audio research tube amplifiers and so on for 200K$.
Both play musik both accept every cd.
Every one has to decide himself what sounds better for him...
Although I'm a fan of single ended amps Class A myself Pass Labs FTW!

-shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
0
      01-11-2008, 12:09 AM   #19
KWA VaTech
Private First Class
 
Drives: 350Z
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: DC

Posts: 161
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
If it is all about price, I can show you guys how to make 310-315whp with less than $2 worth or resistors. Basically, it will raise max boost to approx 10-11psi. It wont control timing, fuel or have direct drive boost control. But it'll be just as safe as the lower priced tuning devices on the market, imho.

shiv
humm, isn't this the crap Terry got kicked off for? Man this is fun!
KWA VaTech is offline  
0
      01-11-2008, 12:10 AM   #20
normtrum
Colonel
 
normtrum's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW

Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDomer View Post
Hell.. wrong website... try the new N54tech site...
Ditto
__________________
07 335i sedan | Steptronic | Black saphire | Terra | ZPP | ZSP | Cold Weather | CA | PDC | Nav | OEM Alarm
normtrum is offline  
0
      01-11-2008, 12:15 AM   #21
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
 
shiv@vishnu's Avatar
 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA

Posts: 17,611
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWA VaTech View Post
humm, isn't this the crap Terry got kicked off for? Man this is fun!
There's no crap about it. All you need is a 1k ohm resistor and a 330 ohm resistor. Join them in series. Hook the 1k ohm end to a signal ground (pin 34 in the black subconnector (in the large ECU connector). Hook the 330ohm end to TMAPin. Connect TMAPout to the point where the 1k and 330k ohm resistor join. This is called a voltage divider. Fully passive and costs less than 1 dollar to make. Maybe another $10 if you want to use BMW pins to avoid any cutting or splicing.

You can raise or lower boost by changing the 330ohm resistor. Lower values will drop boost. Higher values will raise boost.

Oh yeah, don't forget to bypass one solenoid when doing so.

Not the ideal tune by any means but it will put down just as much power, on pump gas, as the other non-microcontroller based products out there. For less than the price of a Bic Mac.

Shiv
shiv@vishnu is offline   United_States
0
      01-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #22
robbie380
Registered
 
Drives: 2007 BMW e90
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
There's no crap about it. All you need is a 1k ohm resistor and a 330 ohm resistor. Join them in series. Hook the 1k ohm end to a signal ground (pin 34 in the black subconnector (in the large ECU connector). Hook the 330ohm end to TMAPin. Connect TMAPout to the point where the 1k and 330k ohm resistor join. This is called a voltage divider. Fully passive and costs less than 1 dollar to make. Maybe another $10 if you want to use BMW pins to avoid any cutting or splicing.

You can raise or lower boost by changing the 330ohm resistor. Lower values will drop boost. Higher values will raise boost.

Oh yeah, don't forget to bypass one solenoid when doing so.

Not the ideal tune by any means but it will put down just as much power, on pump gas, as the other non-microcontroller based products out there. For less than the price of a Bic Mac.

Shiv

cool...can i get it in less than 3 months?

anyhow on a serious note....

if i have a friend who is getting a program than can reprogram the ecu (don't remember what it is called but it does land rovers, porches, and bmws) am i better off with him since there is no piggyback? he used to do performance bmw work and he was the one who recommended vishnu and installed the procede.
robbie380 is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST