E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > F1 Qualifying my idea to spice it up a bit

01-16-2008, 12:48 PM   #23
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
The fuel start to finish thing was done in the 80s and was a disaster - the drivers (all of them) used to have to drive slowly to make the fuel last - crap for racing. And like any restrictions such as this, the rich teams will be able to fund the best compromise.
Yes i know bumps, but saves all that shite of being overtaken in a pitlane, that aint racing.

Yes in the turbo era it was bad news, and many people ran out of fuel. there should be a set limit of fuel to stop this happening.
      01-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #24
Fatbloke
Private First Class
Wales
Rep

Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Well, lets just say neither idea came from F1 and that both would exist with or without F1. Also, given they do very different things the traction control on an F1 car is hard to relate in technology terms to that on a road car except they use "sensors and computers". PGM F1 was a marketing concept.
Maybe this will put the fire out.

Having just for my Fireblade (also equipped with fuel injection), the acronym is acually PGM FI (i not 1), and obviously stands for Programmed Fuel Injection. There is no reference to Formula 1.

As for F1 technology, what about the poncy bit of black plastic that sits underneath the rear bumper of the hot Renault Clios. Don't know if it actually makes any difference but Renault seem to think it's important and was lifted straight of the F1 car.

Apparently.