E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Good time to buy with talks of recession?

01-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #23
John 070
Lieutenant General

Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImolaZHP View Post
Isn't the Money factor links directly to Interest rate?

By the end of last year, MF for E92 lease was 0.00175. The MF is 0.00245 currently, Jan 2008. This change simply jack up the monthly lease payment easily.

I know that coz I just checked with a dealer for the payment of the same car my buddy got 3 months ago.
I don't know the answer, but what I do know is that finance rates have gotten more favorable. It was easy to get 5.5% 14 mos. ago for a 60 mo. loan, and today it's 4.8-5%'ish. From what people are saying, it sounds like lease payments have gone up. One guy who crashed his 335 seems to be saying he can't afford to replace it with an '08, so he was looking at a g37. Leasing is funny, one day you have a nice car, the next you could have anything--something nicer, the same, or not as nice. But one thing is clear, at the end of the day, you have nothing to show for all those payments except memories.
      01-23-2008, 01:19 AM   #24
FolsomMike
Lieutenant

Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Um... okay. Lets come back to this thread in about a month and chat about it then.
Fair enough. If the unemployment rate breaks 30%, as in the Great Depression, I'll be the first one to give you props..
FolsomMike is offline   United_States
      01-23-2008, 08:58 PM   #25
FolsomMike
Lieutenant

Quote:
It's cool. They're doing their best to pump up the economy and these days and they'll probably recover it. But I must admit, these are some scary times. The massive Asia and EU sell-off we experienced over the weekend was due to panic selling and market corrections which was expected for a while now. I hope it doesn't get worse and I'm sure we'll never see unemployment reach 30%. But 10% could be realistic. These are also great times to get bargains from housing to stocks. Take advantage of it.
Thanks for the tip.
      01-23-2008, 09:06 PM   #26
John 070
Lieutenant General

Quote:
It's cool. They're doing their best to pump up the economy and these days and they'll probably recover it. But I must admit, these are some scary times. The massive Asia and EU sell-off we experienced over the weekend was due to panic selling and market corrections which was expected for a while now. I hope it doesn't get worse and I'm sure we'll never see unemployment reach 30%. But 10% could be realistic. These are also great times to get bargains from housing to stocks. Take advantage of it.
It's easier said than done...I used to remember in my grad days when they likened the Fidelity Magellan fund to a supertanker, very hard to manuever. Sometimes I chuckle when I used to see the (where are they now?) I lease because I invest the cash flow and make more money posts. For example, I've been riding Bank of America down from $50. It reached around $54 while I've held it, my lowest purchases were around $42. Why wasn't I buying Tue. at an intraday $33? Because nobody wants to catch a falling knife. Why not have ridden the 10% pop the last two days in a boring, dividend stock like BAC?

Ditto for real estate. In a way what I'm saying is if you have any real money, it would have been going in all the while and one cannot exactly take advantage of Tue. or Wed. by going all-in like a poker game. You bought a house last week and locked, you're totally burned today when 30 yr. is less than 5.5% with zero points. Timing in life is heavily dependent on luck. That's why I've always said a car is a total waste of money, pure luxury, and to be enjoyed. That's why I'm ok with an entry-level BMW. I always find the "what's your next car after the 3," "I'm getting an Alpina B7 or a CL 6x AMG or maybe the Veyron next or 599GTB" threads!
      01-23-2008, 09:16 PM   #27
FolsomMike
Lieutenant

A good friend of mine -a former economics major and one of the smartest people I know- described the pending recession as "like an old man getting into a hot bath..slow getting into and slow getting out".
      01-27-2008, 03:43 AM   #28
McLuVan
Lieutenant General

Drives: ///M3

ok.
i got a solution
get ur wallets...
...then empty them on mods

and back on the main subject...i think it is cuz interest should come down a lil more next week....thats about when ima buy my car
      01-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #29
John 070
Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomMike View Post
A good friend of mine -a former economics major and one of the smartest people I know- described the pending recession as "like an old man getting into a hot bath..slow getting into and slow getting out".
Add some Playmates and you've got Hugh Hefner....
      01-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #30
shahils12
BALLER

Drives: 2K8 E93, 2K8 E60. N54s

at this time, it's best to invest in the real estate, or stock market, since those will eventually come back up again. If you must buy a car, put as little down as possible, and use that extra cash to invest elsewhere. It will pay off

just my 2c
      08-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #31
BrianBrown12
Registered

Drives: My car is very fantastic.

At right time a good opportunity to win the lotto. The lottery market going on superb state. if you want to play lotto then I advise you you should follow some form of method or system. Lotto Book that improve your chances to of winning lotto access. Enjoy the lotto.
Thanks.
      08-03-2012, 08:54 AM   #32
benzo23
Colonel

Drives: 14 F30 AW MSport

Dealers now are desperate to dump cars off there lots, esp left over models. I traded up and got a great deal on a left over 11. As long as you're still within your means financially I see no problem with buying a car in a recession, its a buyers market. Not to mention banks are giving out stupid finance rates now.
      08-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #33
BrianBrown12
Registered

Drives: My car is very fantastic.

I think in recession time is good time for buy a car.
      09-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #34
Dontbethatguy
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 550i Manual

I've seen threads raised from the dead, but over four years ago takes the cake!

Cashing out an investment to buy a new car is a bad move IMO. Your assets could appreciate in value, but a new car is guaranteed to plummet. This is assuming that you didn't work for Enron.