E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Official E90/E92 Muffler Delete Media Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #199
qclik
Captain
qclik's Avatar
Hong Kong
8
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: seattle

iTrader: (20)



omg!! why is it drones a lot, i just delete the muffler and keep the res on. also there is a very noticeable shaking noise inside the car while step on the gas.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #200
tray1o6
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i e90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Just left a muffler shop in Houston who said it would cost me $140-180 even if I bring in my own tips. Reasonable?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #201
qclik
Captain
qclik's Avatar
Hong Kong
8
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: seattle

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray1o6 View Post
Just left a muffler shop in Houston who said it would cost me $140-180 even if I bring in my own tips. Reasonable?
mine was 140 after tax without tip
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #202
d8rknight
Lieutenant
d8rknight's Avatar
7
Rep
521
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LA/MD guess im bi-coastal :)

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 Honda/Civic  [0.00]
2005 Yamaha R1  [0.00]
2011 Infinity G37x  [0.00]
2010 335i  [0.00]
wow 75-100 out here in CO.. paid 105 last weeks to use stock tips
__________________
2010 335i Coupe FBO / 6MT / 1/4 @ 12.4 on Hankraps Red Dakota Interior/ AUBURN WDE / PATRIOTS / CELTICS / REDSOX
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #203
d8rknight
Lieutenant
d8rknight's Avatar
7
Rep
521
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: LA/MD guess im bi-coastal :)

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
1998 Honda/Civic  [0.00]
2005 Yamaha R1  [0.00]
2011 Infinity G37x  [0.00]
2010 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
I spent $65 with a cheapo tip the first time around because I had a friend at Midas do it. I replaced the tip later on with a much nicer full stainless one. Total cost to date on exhaust has been $160. $100 is not unreasonable if you are getting piping and the cyba tip welded on.
sounds about right
__________________
2010 335i Coupe FBO / 6MT / 1/4 @ 12.4 on Hankraps Red Dakota Interior/ AUBURN WDE / PATRIOTS / CELTICS / REDSOX
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #204
venable_steven
Private First Class
1
Rep
127
Posts

 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Louisiana

iTrader: (0)

[quote=krischius;7504878]Hey guys,

A couple of serious questions about muffler delete:

1) Will the mpg decrease? In other words will the car consume more petrol? Also, will the car lose power?

2) Is this part called the muffler that needs to be cut off and the gap that will remain should be fulfilled with an ordinary pipe just like the one in the picture below?

[url]http://www.e90post.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2930
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #205
qclik
Captain
qclik's Avatar
Hong Kong
8
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: seattle

iTrader: (20)

there are some shaking noise coming from the back seat that happens when i step on gas while driving, is it because the tip is too close to the bumper? cause dont notice it by just revving
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #206
Cshuff
Private First Class
7
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 2006 330i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Will the muffler delete result in any engine lights turning on? Or will there be any error codes?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #207
c_jeong89
Banned
United_States
27
Rep
2,097
Posts

 
Drives: E90 TiAg
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Irvine/Bay Area

iTrader: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshuff View Post
Will the muffler delete result in any engine lights turning on? Or will there be any error codes?
no
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #208
Guam128i
Enlisted Member
Guam128i's Avatar
2
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I am sure there is a hanger that keeps the OEM muffler in place would the replacement section have some sore of hanger? maybe I missed pictures of the MD that shows the hanger?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 01:02 AM   #209
jaceaholic
thestream.tv
jaceaholic's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
3,114
Posts

 
Drives: e92 sparkling graphite
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: irvine

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WE90325 View Post
I am sure there is a hanger that keeps the OEM muffler in place would the replacement section have some sore of hanger? maybe I missed pictures of the MD that shows the hanger?
__________________
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1087/carsu.jpg
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #210
tray1o6
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
48
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i e90
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Houston, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Got the tip from Cyba on Saturday and went during my lunch break to the same muffler shop that said $140-180 for the delete. There was a different guy there today, and he quoted me at $80 cash. I was blown away by the difference in price and asked what happened to the other guy. New guy's answer: "Oh, he's in jail." Good thing I had to wait for ground shipping!! Needless to say, took him about 30 minutes in all to finish and I had never been more excited to start my car. I LOVE IT!!
__________________
Jet Black 2007 BMW e90 328i | K&N Drop-in | Carbon Filter Delete | Cyba Air Scoops | Muffler Delete | Up Next: Staggered 18" VMR VB3 | AA Tune |
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 02:05 AM   #211
Guam128i
Enlisted Member
Guam128i's Avatar
2
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray1o6 View Post
Got the tip from Cyba on Saturday and went during my lunch break to the same muffler shop that said $140-180 for the delete. There was a different guy there today, and he quoted me at $80 cash. I was blown away by the difference in price and asked what happened to the other guy. New guy's answer: "Oh, he's in jail." Good thing I had to wait for ground shipping!! Needless to say, took him about 30 minutes in all to finish and I had never been more excited to start my car. I LOVE IT!!
Where did you order the tips?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #212
AlpineSwift
Colonel
AlpineSwift's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,110
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Castle Rock, CO

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qclik View Post
there are some shaking noise coming from the back seat that happens when i step on gas while driving, is it because the tip is too close to the bumper? cause dont notice it by just revving
It sounds like your hanger is too stiff. A lot of times if your exhaust hanger is too rigid then you will feel a lot more vibration through the car under load since the harmonic sound will travel through the chassis. Try wiggling your tip to see how much play you have back there in the piping. You need to have a little play in movement back there otherwise you'll get what you're describing.
__________________
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP V2, ar design DP's, Race Cats in the mids, Stock cans, VRSF CP w/Tial BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS DCI, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Alpina TCU Flash, Turner Boost Gauge, Fully Coded.
Best 1/4mi: 13.201 @ 106.93 / 2.0 60' / DA=9300ft

Tanya: The Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #213
leungsta
Captain
leungsta's Avatar
Canada
20
Rep
939
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal, Canada

iTrader: (16)

Alright....so today I decided to delete my muffler....sounds insaneee! Pretty loud...too loud for me, hopefully the cops won't be on my ass lol
__________________
2007 335i SGM (Vinyl Wrapped - Matte Gray Aluminum) + Coral Red
Volk Racing CE28n Candy Red | JB4 | AMS FMIC | AR DPs | Injen DCI | BMS OCC | KWV1 | M3 Control Arms | OEM Aero Lip | BMW Performance Spoiler | LUX H8 V3 | Matte Black Grills | Cyba Tips | M-Tech Rear | Custom Alcantara + C/F M3 Steering Wheel | M3 Side Skirts | Vinyl C/F Roof | Fabric C/F Interior Trim | LCI Tail Lights | DD Fins Diffuser
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #214
carlos916
Semper Fi
carlos916's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
405
Posts

 
Drives: 08 328i / 05 R6
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sac Town

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [2.50]
im going in to the shop here in a bit .. cant wait for the results!!.. although i kinda kno how it will sound i had a muffler delete on my e60 lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #215
DYNASTY XSV
Art
DYNASTY XSV's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (2)

did this yesterday and couldnt be happier, i thought it was gonna be really loud and it ended up being slightly louder than a stock 335 i feel like. Place in Seneca, SC did it for 30 bucks before tips and one hanger for $3. vrrrrrrrrrrooooooom

ill post a vid later
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #216
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
37
Rep
2,122
Posts

 
Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNASTY XSV View Post
did this yesterday and couldnt be happier, i thought it was gonna be really loud and it ended up being slightly louder than a stock 335 i feel like. Place in Seneca, SC did it for 30 bucks before tips and one hanger for $3. vrrrrrrrrrrooooooom

ill post a vid later
Dynasty XSV? Is that a new team?

Didnt know San Diego Dynasty and Sacramento XSV merged

Either way, good to see another baller on the forum!
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #217
N0OS3
Colonel
N0OS3's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
2,220
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oak Harbor, WA

iTrader: (5)

okay... here's mine then:

Muffler delete + Resonator Delete + aFe Stage 2 Intake = a pretty sweet sound

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:57 AM   #218
DYNASTY XSV
Art
DYNASTY XSV's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
184
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Alexandria, VA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Dynasty XSV? Is that a new team?

Didnt know San Diego Dynasty and Sacramento XSV merged

Either way, good to see another baller on the forum!
naw man they didnt combine i just threw em together cause they kinda flowed for a name. but yeah man old school PSP baller haha
__________________

E90 LCI
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #219
7e90dan
seven
7e90dan's Avatar
3
Rep
205
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: long island

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lync9763 View Post
okay... here's mine then:

Muffler delete + Resonator Delete + aFe Stage 2 Intake = a pretty sweet sound

]
can you post the pics from that video which showed your setup? it looked like your running duals from the cats?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #220
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
37
Rep
2,122
Posts

 
Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNASTY XSV View Post
naw man they didnt combine i just threw em together cause they kinda flowed for a name. but yeah man old school PSP baller haha
Talking about PSP, are you going to PSP World Cup next week?

I'm reffing on the CXBL field which finals is on the Pro field on sunday.

If so, drop me a PM so we can meet or something!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST