E90Post

VIBE Motorsports

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > v2 datalog and run against VIP tuned 335

01-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #45
fll335
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 991 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
I'll post if/when our trip to moroso is definate.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #46
FikseGTS
Private
Rep

Drives: E55,Viper,Q7

Garage List
let's plan for friday, weather looks good so far.....
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #47
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

Send a message via AIM to rideelement247
Sounds good to me.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #48
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Drives: X6 50i

Mikes car is indeed fubar'd not from any of the tuning or modifications done, but from the regularity of race gas being used. Front o2 sensors are fouled and need replacement. I and a couple others have went through this problem in the past and can attest to the fact that the car falls on its face before it gains any boost when the o2s are fouled. He was telling people at the event that they were fouled. I think it was poor judgement on his part to be pushing his car at all in its current state.

My car right now is getting over a bad tank of gas and I have been babying it for the past 200-300 miles. You wouldn't see me race anyone unless my car was in good condition. The main reason being threads like this.. what he has failed to realize just yet is that when you affiliate yourself with a company you are now under the microscope.

And the world record run posted on dragtimes was not on spray. Anyone that was hands on with the build or was around during it knows this. Why would one of his "friends" tell people that he was spraying the car unless he was actually was?. It just doesn't make sense. Get over it guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 10:56 AM   #49
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
And the world record run posted on dragtimes was not on spray. Anyone that was hands on with the build or was around during it knows this. Why would one of his "friends" tell people that he was spraying the car unless he was actually was?. It just doesn't make sense. Get over it guys.
People would get over it if they ever gave the dyno sheet, and also if they provided a time slip of their most recent "world record" run of 11.2@121.

It isn't that people don't want to believe VIP, it is that VIP makes it seem like they have something to hide....
      01-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #50
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleh4852 View Post
People would get over it if they ever gave the dyno sheet, and also if they provided a time slip of their most recent "world record" run of 11.2@121.

It isn't that people don't want to believe VIP, it is that VIP makes it seem like they have something to hide....
You are absolutely right. I can't agree with you more. If I was in their situation I would have posted the slips and dyno sheets a month ago. They move to the beat of their own drum, so what can I say? I mean i am around the car all the time and I know how ridiculously fast it is. There is a member who went for a quick spin in it during the BBQ that can attest as well. Lack of communication breeds questioning.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #51
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lack of communication breeds questioning.
Yep. I don't think jaque is the best business man in the world either. He put an 18 year old with basically no technical knowledge of the 335i in charge of marketing for them. They do a lot of things that seem very counter productive to me.
      01-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #52
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '13 M3 LRE,'13 750Li

Quote:
Yep. I don't think jaque is the best business man in the world either. He put an 18 year old with basically no technical knowledge of the 335i in charge of marketing for them. They do a lot of things that seem very counter productive to me.
yeah it seems like VIP could sell itself because the owner (i think) is a BMW master tech, so its not like at least someone over there has experience. I strongly believe in posting proof if you speak, otherwise its BS

either way I am going to get his old exhaust installed (like Mr. 5's) with the resonator delete and 2nd cat delete, magnaflow mufflers. So we will see how good they are. And plus, I am one of four in charge of the SoFlaE90 site and I don't think they want to screw up my car.
      01-28-2008, 11:32 AM   #53
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeneral101 View Post
yeah it seems like VIP could sell itself because the owner (i think) is a BMW master tech, so its not like at least someone over there has experience. I strongly believe in posting proof if you speak, otherwise its BS

either way I am going to get his old exhaust installed (like Mr. 5's) with the resonator delete and 2nd cat delete, magnaflow mufflers. So we will see how good they are. And plus, I am one of four in charge of the SoFlaE90 site and I don't think they want to screw up my car.
Don't worry, Mad Hatter made a good exhaust for you.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #54
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '13 M3 LRE,'13 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Don't worry, Mad Hatter made a good exhaust for you.
yeah it sounds like he knows what hes doing I will write a review whenever i get it installed on e90post/the other forum/soflae90
      01-28-2008, 08:05 PM   #55
FikseGTS
Private
Rep

Garage List
I'll run him with my E, it runs around 120 depending on weather, so it should be close....

Quote:
You are absolutely right. I can't agree with you more. If I was in their situation I would have posted the slips and dyno sheets a month ago. They move to the beat of their own drum, so what can I say? I mean i am around the car all the time and I know how ridiculously fast it is. There is a member who went for a quick spin in it during the BBQ that can attest as well. Lack of communication breeds questioning.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 08:15 PM   #56
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: Green Bastard

Bad gas? Was he running leaded race gas? I don't see how "unleaded" race gas is burning thru the O2 sensors?
      01-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #57
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyg View Post
Bad gas? Was he running leaded race gas? I don't see how "unleaded" race gas is burning thru the O2 sensors?
Probably leaded race gas....

01-28-2008, 08:17 PM   #58
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Probably leaded race gas....

Sunoco 100 seems readily available around here, what were they putting in 110 leaded fuel?
      01-28-2008, 08:20 PM   #59
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyg View Post
Sunoco 100 seems readily available around here, what were they putting in 110 leaded fuel?
Same reason they don't provide the dyno sheets, or time slips from their fastest runs.... No one knows....
      01-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #60
FikseGTS
Private
Rep

Garage List
they have a slip on dragtimes showing 11.9 @ 116, with 428 rwhp @ 14 psi..... to move to 11.2 @ 121, they would need to add around 50 HP....

how much boost to get another 50HP, 19-20 psi?

more boost, nitrous, custom head/intake manifold work, or a big weight loss?

Quote:
Same reason they don't provide the dyno sheets, or time slips from their fastest runs.... No one knows....
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #61
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I still want to see the dynos.

To Vince: When are you going to race Adam? He puts down #s in the 400s so I think that would be a fair race, no?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #62
Hallandale E92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i Titanium Silver

Quote:
Mikes car is indeed fubar'd not from any of the tuning or modifications done, but from the regularity of race gas being used. Front o2 sensors are fouled and need replacement. I and a couple others have went through this problem in the past and can attest to the fact that the car falls on its face before it gains any boost when the o2s are fouled. He was telling people at the event that they were fouled. I think it was poor judgement on his part to be pushing his car at all in its current state.

My car right now is getting over a bad tank of gas and I have been babying it for the past 200-300 miles. You wouldn't see me race anyone unless my car was in good condition. The main reason being threads like this.. what he has failed to realize just yet is that when you affiliate yourself with a company you are now under the microscope.

well said vince, i was having this problem too but the cars better now and im running 14-15 again.
RIP: Totaled 2007 335i Titanium Silver/ Coral Red : VIP Tuning Custom tune, VIP Tuning Intake, VIP Tuning charge pipes, VIP Tuning BOV, UR cat-less down pipes, OEM aero lip, OEM aero rear valence, 19" Iforged Daytonas
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #63
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeneral101 View Post
yeah it sounds like he knows what hes doing I will write a review whenever i get it installed on e90post/the other forum/soflae90
Yea, Mad Hatter does most of everyone's work. Not their design, but they just do what they are told to do by those who hold the design.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 11:11 PM   #64
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [5.00]
so whats the deal with the O2 sensors?
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #65
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Mcoupe

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Mikes 18? Holy crap, no wonder I came to the conclusion I have about VIP.
      01-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #66
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Mikes 18? Holy crap, no wonder I came to the conclusion I have about VIP.
Hey! I'm 18 too bud! I can hold my own fairly well.
Appreciate 0