E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > v2 datalog and run against VIP tuned 335

01-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #111
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
i'm thinking more along the lines of......

You Cant Handle the Truth!

Show us the truth and then you'll see if we can handle it.

Good luck finding the truth at this point though.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 08:43 AM   #112
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Show us the truth and then you'll see if we can handle it.

Good luck finding the truth at this point though.
Do they (VIP) realize they are dealing with some relatively intelligent individuals in the E90 community that might request proof of a claim that may be hard to believe. Did they think they could pull this one on us and not get away with it?

Did someone say they have proof? Is so, when will it be posted? And don't try to photoshop it. The last time someone did that, he was caught (cuz there was someone at the track when a bogus claim was made).
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 09:15 AM   #113
Shih
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepdoc View Post
So, I was out datalogging my v2, and low and behold here comes another graphite e90 335 with VIP stickers on it.

Run 1 - I get a little jump on him from a roll, maybe 30, and hold the lead into 4th gear somewhere. My passenger who is a pretty good drag racer and back in the day a well respected street racer, says he thinks I was pulling him slightly.

We slow to talk - he says something about being banned from the boards for spamming, etc. I notice he has a single exhaust, and his car is loud. I think I surprised him, he says - what do you got - I say Procede v2. he says something about his tune, etc, but I can't really hear him well.

Run 2 he gets a big jump from the roll, and then we hold what I think is pretty much even up through 4th.

Then we slow, an M5 gets into the mix, they run and seem even, I use my better judgement and turn around, not wanting to go to see the inside of a jail cell today.

Anyway, the other point is TQ adjustment. At 90 %, I am seeing around 14.0 psi. At 92% like 14.2. At 94 - around 13.8 -?? so I try 95 - around 13.8?? Ok lets try 80% Around 13.8????

So I say Whatever and put it to 92 which seems to give me the most steady and highest at 14.2

Maybe I am doing something wrong - Can anyone give me some enlightenment????

The TQ number is not correct all the time too. I am getting 14.7 with 90% setting. However, 88% 15.3 psi; 86% 15 psi; 80, 14 psi.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 10:57 AM   #114
sleepdoc
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2010 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shih View Post
The TQ number is not correct all the time too. I am getting 14.7 with 90% setting. However, 88% 15.3 psi; 86% 15 psi; 80, 14 psi.
That sounds weird. I just want to get 14.5 to 14.7 psi nice and constant. I have been out datalogging like 3 times trying to figure this out. I want to set it correctly and forget it... I don't have a lot of time on my hands, also I dont want to see a speeding ticket in the triple digits.

Is there some trick to applying the user TQ that I am missing? Do you just change the %, click apply, and that's it? Or do you need to turn the engine off, ignition on, and upload the map with the new %? Or is there some other trick?
      01-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #115
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [5.00]
Quote:
That sounds weird. I just want to get 14.5 to 14.7 psi nice and constant. I have been out datalogging like 3 times trying to figure this out. I want to set it correctly and forget it... I don't have a lot of time on my hands, also I dont want to see a speeding ticket in the triple digits.

Is there some trick to applying the user TQ that I am missing? Do you just change the %, click apply, and that's it? Or do you need to turn the engine off, ignition on, and upload the map with the new %? Or is there some other trick?
you can do it with the engine on, jsut make your changes, hit apply and then ok, the window should close on its own.

edit:

also, you might want to post up those datalogs that you speak of so we can take a look. you might be misinterpreting something (no offense, it happens).
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 11:22 AM   #116
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General
Rep

Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Mikes car is indeed fubar'd not from any of the tuning or modifications done, but from the regularity of race gas being used. Front o2 sensors are fouled and need replacement. I and a couple others have went through this problem in the past and can attest to the fact that the car falls on its face before it gains any boost when the o2s are fouled. He was telling people at the event that they were fouled. I think it was poor judgement on his part to be pushing his car at all in its current state.

My car right now is getting over a bad tank of gas and I have been babying it for the past 200-300 miles. You wouldn't see me race anyone unless my car was in good condition. The main reason being threads like this.. what he has failed to realize just yet is that when you affiliate yourself with a company you are now under the microscope.

And the world record run posted on dragtimes was not on spray. Anyone that was hands on with the build or was around during it knows this. Why would one of his "friends" tell people that he was spraying the car unless he was actually was?. It just doesn't make sense. Get over it guys.
Did you inspect the gas? Was there a wideband in the car we can see? Tuners have been doing this for decades... putting race gas in cars and pulling big dyno numbers / posting low slip times. Why? Well, in a community where people will buy a kit that produces the most power / fastest slip, then you stand to gain a lot as a tuner if you can make the most power. Remember you cannot re-invent the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 01:28 PM   #117
NYCGarbagePrince
Major
Rep

Drives: X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
Do they (VIP) realize they are dealing with some relatively intelligent individuals in the E90 community that might request proof of a claim that may be hard to believe. Did they think they could pull this one on us and not get away with it?
heh... this site is wrought with pseudo intellectuals...

Oh and i don't believe they are selling anything to the majority of people here. They offer a tune which works off of the Xede.. but only locally. It is up to the consumer to decide. Yes, I agree backing up claims with proof is the only way to gain credibility. However, after the last run of 11.9 everyone and their brother had trouble accepting what it was. Think for a second if you would even care to do anything else for a community that time and time again would rather scream fraud than say well done. (There are some of you that don't pass judgement and respect a run that currently is the fastest time so far. There are others that would rather close there eyes and piss and moan like a toddler that it can't be done without spray.)
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #118
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
heh... this site is wrought with pseudo intellectuals...

Oh and i don't believe they are selling anything to the majority of people here. They offer a tune which works off of the Xede.. but only locally. It is up to the consumer to decide. Yes, I agree backing up claims with proof is the only way to gain credibility. However, after the last run of 11.9 everyone and their brother had trouble accepting what it was. Think for a second if you would even care to do anything else for a community that time and time again would rather scream fraud than say well done. (There are some of you that don't pass judgement and respect a run that currently is the fastest time so far. There are others that would rather close there eyes and piss and moan like a toddler that it can't be done without spray.)
With all due respect to you, I think that many ppl are saying that Jacque is full of sh!t in regards to his 11.2 sec. @ 121mph "without NOS" 1/4 mi. (in which the Moroso timeslip was "lost" and they've always refused to post up their dynos).

However, I think most ppl believe Jacque's 11.9 sec. @ 116mph run was without NOS (but he still could've been running on race gas and NOBODY would know except him), due to his unorthodox mods like the fully locked diff, upgraded stall/TQ Converter, etc. and the fact that other tuners have come very close (Shiv and Terry) with their modded 335i's...12.0 sec. and 12.2 sec.

btw -- why is Jacque only selling/installing his products locally now? I thought he said they would be available to anyone across the U.S. shortly after he made is run @ Moroso? I think he may want to just stick to being a BMW Tech at the dealership; it seems that his business skills are not as good as his mechanical skills.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #119
FikseGTS
Private
Rep

Drives: E55,Viper,Q7

Garage List
Here are the graphs..... the one with higher boost 14.2, was a 93%, the one at 14.0 was at 95%..... we can't seem to get the boost to change much at all, we did runs at 80%, and the car still ran 14 psi....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 10:21 PM   #120
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: e90 335i

^^^^^, boost looks pretty constant though. Nice...
      01-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #121
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FikseGTS View Post
Here are the graphs..... the one with higher boost 14.2, was a 93%, the one at 14.0 was at 95%..... we can't seem to get the boost to change much at all, we did runs at 80%, and the car still ran 14 psi....
how far apart were these runs/changes made?
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 06:47 AM   #122
sleepdoc
First Lieutenant
Rep

The runs/changes to TQ were pretty much back to back. I know someone previously had suggested adaptation time could be the culprit.....
      02-01-2008, 12:42 PM   #123
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [5.00]
Quote:
The runs/changes to TQ were pretty much back to back. I know someone previously had suggested adaptation time could be the culprit.....
i was about to say that. According to Shiv, he said just do 3-4 good hard pulls from 2nd to 4th, maybe even a couple more to be safe, then retest.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #124
sleepdoc
First Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah, I think I will give it a try this weekend with adaptation time. Thanks!