E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > February '08 Production Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #67
I335
Brigadier General
I335's Avatar
59
Rep
4,251
Posts

 
Drives: '08 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New England

iTrader: (11)

I knew you guys were quick...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #68
Jake C
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i 2010 335d
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: US/UK

iTrader: (0)

I335,

Glad you found the info. Which boat are you on or have you shipped yet?

- J
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #69
I335
Brigadier General
I335's Avatar
59
Rep
4,251
Posts

 
Drives: '08 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New England

iTrader: (11)

Thanks again Jake. Don't think I've shipped yet, but I'll keep checking!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 12:00 AM   #70
JerryR
Private First Class
JerryR's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake C View Post
Can you not pick the dealer/service center under My BMW Center? When I log in I see mine.

Nice color combo!

- J
I think I've figured out the issue at the OC. I'm trying to enter Niello BMW in Sacramento for the Sales/Service Center, and the wesbite seems to ignore the selection and I end up with an empty field. So on a lark, I tried a completely different dealership and it worked. So it appears to be specific with the Niello selection.

Another call to the 800 number still reads "Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit". I'm wondering how long it actually takes to transport from the factory to the port in Bremerhaven.

Thanks for the compliment on the color choices. My wife and I saw an actual Lemon interior on a 335i sedan at Roseville BMW, and absolutely fell in love with it. We knew this was going to be the color for us. Previously, we were going to select Sparkling Graphite with Black leather. I thought that dealers couldn't have Lemon on their lots, but they did have one in Jet Black (it did not have the options we wanted, nor did we want to buy from this dealership). It was a beautiful car, and soon, I'll have my own.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 02:34 AM   #71
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
41
Rep
1,424
Posts

 
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to Nick@aep
Well, mines sitting at port waiting for a ride over to the US. I wonder how long I have until it gets to the west coast at this point. Came out of production on the 5th.
__________________
Formerly Known As: Nick@AEPerformance

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 03:01 AM   #72
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
ur car is waiting for mine
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 03:03 AM   #73
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Autobahn View Post
Well, mines sitting at port waiting for a ride over to the US. I wonder how long I have until it gets to the west coast at this point. Came out of production on the 5th.
wait... arent you Rich's partner or boss or something? with the black S4 and blue e46 m3??
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 03:04 AM   #74
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
41
Rep
1,424
Posts

 
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to Nick@aep
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
ur car is waiting for mine
haha, I'm fine with that. They'll keep eachother company on the ship. I have time to kill anyways, gotta sell my Audi still.
__________________
Formerly Known As: Nick@AEPerformance

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 03:05 AM   #75
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
41
Rep
1,424
Posts

 
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to Nick@aep
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
wait... arent you Rich's partner or boss or something? with the black S4 and blue e46 m3??
Yes, I am. We're bus. partners. Are you his neighbor that had the black modded 335? I have the silver '05 A4.
__________________
Formerly Known As: Nick@AEPerformance

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 06:40 AM   #76
Jake C
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i 2010 335d
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: US/UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
Thanks again Jake. Don't think I've shipped yet, but I'll keep checking!

Cool. Let us know.

- J
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 06:44 AM   #77
Jake C
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i 2010 335d
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: US/UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryR View Post
I think I've figured out the issue at the OC. I'm trying to enter Niello BMW in Sacramento for the Sales/Service Center, and the wesbite seems to ignore the selection and I end up with an empty field. So on a lark, I tried a completely different dealership and it worked. So it appears to be specific with the Niello selection.

Another call to the 800 number still reads "Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit". I'm wondering how long it actually takes to transport from the factory to the port in Bremerhaven.

Thanks for the compliment on the color choices. My wife and I saw an actual Lemon interior on a 335i sedan at Roseville BMW, and absolutely fell in love with it. We knew this was going to be the color for us. Previously, we were going to select Sparkling Graphite with Black leather. I thought that dealers couldn't have Lemon on their lots, but they did have one in Jet Black (it did not have the options we wanted, nor did we want to buy from this dealership). It was a beautiful car, and soon, I'll have my own.
Congrats! Odd that your sales/service center is not showing up. Keep us posted on the shipping info.

- J
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #78
runthis
Lieutenant
runthis's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: F82
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to runthis
800 number says in transit? whats this status mean?
__________________
M4 AW/SO

2009 E92 335xi - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 07:25 PM   #79
Jake C
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i 2010 335d
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: US/UK

iTrader: (0)

I think that means you are being shipped over.

- J
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:13 AM   #80
JerryR
Private First Class
JerryR's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
140
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

For the past 2 days, the 800 number keeps telling me that "Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit". My car must be on the slowest train in all of Germany.

Anyone have any info on how long it actually takes to go from the end of production to actually making to the port?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #81
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Autobahn View Post
Yes, I am. We're bus. partners. Are you his neighbor that had the black modded 335? I have the silver '05 A4.
LOL yah!!! that's me. I try to park next to your or his cars, just coz i know you guys are most likely dent-free

Nice to meet you man!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 12:22 AM   #82
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
BMW is refusing to update status on mine!!! i think since they know im so impatient they gonna keep it in 'on order' status, build it, ship it, then when i start they go HERE YOU GOOOO your car is ready
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 02:35 AM   #83
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
41
Rep
1,424
Posts

 
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to Nick@aep
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
LOL yah!!! that's me. I try to park next to your or his cars, just coz i know you guys are most likely dent-free

Nice to meet you man!
You too! Are you calling the 800 number to check? I gave up checking on the OC because it lags. I try to park by you when I can too because of the same reason! Haha.
__________________
Formerly Known As: Nick@AEPerformance

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 07:17 AM   #84
Jake C
Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i 2010 335d
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: US/UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryR View Post
For the past 2 days, the 800 number keeps telling me that "Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit". My car must be on the slowest train in all of Germany.

Anyone have any info on how long it actually takes to go from the end of production to actually making to the port?

Jerry,

I don't know. But I also think some of that time could be your car sitting waiting to get on a ship. Or already on a ship and it just has not left port yet?

- J
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 08:10 AM   #85
runthis
Lieutenant
runthis's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: F82
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to runthis
well it could be because the next ship doesn't leave germany til thursday...
__________________
M4 AW/SO

2009 E92 335xi - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #86
335xi2k8
First Lieutenant
335xi2k8's Avatar
5
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Autobahn View Post
Well, mines sitting at port waiting for a ride over to the US. I wonder how long I have until it gets to the west coast at this point. Came out of production on the 5th.
Me too! mind finished the 5th and its been waiting at the port awaiting a shipping vessel ever since(for the last 5 days).. i hope it gets onto a ship soon
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #87
335xi2k8
First Lieutenant
335xi2k8's Avatar
5
Rep
365
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryR View Post
For the past 2 days, the 800 number keeps telling me that "Your vehicle is being transported to the port of exit". My car must be on the slowest train in all of Germany.

Anyone have any info on how long it actually takes to go from the end of production to actually making to the port?

mine took 2 days as well getting to the port
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #88
crashandburn45
Private First Class
crashandburn45's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
121
Posts

 
Drives: very fast!
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
My car is awaiting transport. I hope it makes one of these vessels.

14.02.2008 GRAND VENUS arrives 11.03.2008
15.02.2008 FALSTAFF arrives 10.03.2008
20.02.2008 GLOBAL LEADER arrives 15.03.2008
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST