E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > CA compensation based on survey call???



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper
 
mrwma237's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 310

Posts: 179
iTrader: (0)

CA compensation based on survey call???

I just recently bought my 335i, and my sales agent has been mailing me, callling me, and reminding me about this survey where I was advised to give him 5 stars on.

WHAT survey? I never received anything on this. What is it? Where is it coming from?

I'm eager to find out about this because, honestly, I don't want to give the guy5 stars, I want to file a complaint if I'm giving an option to.

Are these car sales guys really commissioned only if they score high on these surveys?
__________________
Drive w/ Passion Bucket!

Last edited by mrwma237; 02-06-2008 at 06:55 PM.
mrwma237 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #2
beefybmer
Private
 
beefybmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Midwest US

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

It's in their best interest

BMW/dealerships pay the salespeople for the good surveys they get back. I can't remember what the scoring was but basically if it is not a 5 then it is not a good survey. Salespeople with bad surveys get slapped on the peepee and the dealership suffers also.
We were paid $100 per good survey each month as long as we did not get a bad one.

Last edited by beefybmer; 02-09-2008 at 10:11 PM.
beefybmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,411
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefybmer View Post
BMW/dealerships pay the salespeople for the good surveys they get back. I can't remember what the scoring was but basically if it is not a 5 then it is not a good survey. Salespeople with bad surveys get slapped on the peepee and the dealership suffers also.
We were paid $100 per good survey each month as long as we did not get a bad one.
This is not true everywhere. Where do you sell BMW's I dont get a penny more or a penny less for my Surveys. I want to keep the score up because its important to me to have happy customers.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,411
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwma237 View Post
I just recently bought my 335i, and my sales agent has been mailing me, callling me, and reminding me about this survey where I was advised to give him 5 stars on.

WHAT survey? I never received anything on this. What is it? Where is it coming from?

I'm eager to find out about this because, honestly, I don't want to give the guy5 stars, I want to file a complaint if I'm giving an option to.

Are these car sales guys really commissioned only if they score high on these surveys?
What did he do to not get 5's?
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2008, 03:27 AM   #5
black36
Back Again
 
black36's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SoCal

Posts: 204
iTrader: (2)

I dont know they get extra commission if they get 5 on the surveys, but I really hated that my salesman was keep telling me about it(calling almost everyday, asking did survey of not). Actually when I get a car, my salesman was saying if not give 5 on the survey, they won't give any free gift. wtf.. and I didnt give 5...
__________________
What's next?
black36 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #6
2manycars1
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 335i Cv
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pa.

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

The survey is worthless if everyone gives a 5. I have bought a lot of cars and they keep drilling it into you that they need to get 5's across the board.

I give 5's if they are deserved, but lower scores if they are not. When I picked up my last car the salesman started going through the car with me and said he had plenty of time. Then a customer of his came in and he said " well guess we are done, the rest is in the book and left. I told him I had some questions and he said either call him or look up the info.

It really annoyed me since the salesman was not involved in the purchase process at all, and a commission was given to him as a courtesy since he had sold me some cars in the past.

That did not deserve a 5 on the question of everything being explained to me.
2manycars1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #7
GreenThree
Colonel
 
GreenThree's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 e90
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (0)

Are they really comped based on the survey? In other words, do they need all 5's in order to make their full commish?
__________________

2013 328i Xdrive | AT | Glacier Silver | Black Leatherette | Htd Seats | Moonroof
GreenThree is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,411
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThree View Post
Are they really comped based on the survey? In other words, do they need all 5's in order to make their full commish?
read above. Does anyone read these posts fully at all? That was answered TWICE. I am a CA and said I do not get a penny or lose a penny on a good or bad survey. I like to have all 5's because I have pride in that and it helps to sell more cars when your prospects know this. I guess it depends on the dealership. I like to be in the top 5% in the country and have been there the last 2 years running. I am at 99.7 this year with a 75% on only 1 question out of the 47 cars I have sold this year and 5's at 100% on every other question from every person I sold a car to. It is important to me like I said above and I would do the same thing if we got paid for good surveys.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
carguy19
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 AW/Jade Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ

Posts: 271
iTrader: (0)

I work for MB and I have a once a year bonus that is tied to my surveys. If I dont get 95 or higher my bonus gets cut in half, if its under 92 I dont get it at all.

I sell an average of 25-30 cars a month so its a huge amount of $ on the table for me. (over 60G)
carguy19 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
carguy19
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 AW/Jade Gray
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ

Posts: 271
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
read above. Does anyone read these posts fully at all? That was answered TWICE. I am a CA and said I do not get a penny or lose a penny on a good or bad survey. I like to have all 5's because I have pride in that and it helps to sell more cars when your prospects know this. I guess it depends on the dealership. I like to be in the top 5% in the country and have been there the last 2 years running. I am at 99.7 this year with a 75% on only 1 question out of the 47 cars I have sold this year and 5's at 100% on every other question from every person I sold a car to. It is important to me like I said above and I would do the same thing if we got paid for good surveys.

Alpine, I think you should mention that your situation is NOT the norm. Most salespeople are compensated better and do have a SUBSTANTIAL amount of income tied to the surveys.

Great job on the 99.7% bro, I average 99.1 so far this year with MB, I got 2 people that said that I never offered them a test drive, they both lived in miami (brother and sister) It would have been tough for me to leave NJ and give them a test drive though LOL
carguy19 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,411
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy19 View Post
Alpine, I think you should mention that your situation is NOT the norm. Most salespeople are compensated better and do have a SUBSTANTIAL amount of income tied to the surveys.

Great job on the 99.7% bro, I average 99.1 so far this year with MB, I got 2 people that said that I never offered them a test drive, they both lived in miami (brother and sister) It would have been tough for me to leave NJ and give them a test drive though LOL
NOT TRUE

I have many friends in the BMW business and not ONE has SUBSTATIAL money tied to the surveys. This is just totally false. Some money maybe but for from Substanital. You make it sound like 50% of there income is tied in when I would be amazed to even see 8-10%. If you see that then it is FAR from the norm.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-16-2008, 03:06 AM   #12
will@longbeachbmw
 
will@longbeachbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA

Posts: 735
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
NOT TRUE

I have many friends in the BMW business and not ONE has SUBSTATIAL money tied to the surveys. This is just totally false. Some money maybe but for from Substanital. You make it sound like 50% of there income is tied in when I would be amazed to even see 8-10%. If you see that then it is FAR from the norm.
I'd say about $15,000-$25,000 per year is tied to CSI for me if I were to get 100% all 5's for a full year.

I'd say that is pretty substantial.
will@longbeachbmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:27 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST