E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Sales Agent's compensation based on a Survey?!?!

02-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper

Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Sales Agent's compensation based on a Survey?!?!

Is this true, my sales guy is harrassing me about hooking him up with 5 stars on a survey that I'm supposed to receive via phone/mail.

What Survey? Where is the survey? I'm eager to give him 0 stars.
      02-06-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
996CABOVA
Private

Drives: Porsche 996 Conv & E90 335XI

I think it comes in the mail if I remember the last time with my last Beamer. Haha my sales guys are always cool. They would get POONED if you gave him a 0. But if you dont like him oh well heres your chance
      02-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
!Xoible
Banned

Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
it'll come in the mail.

it really really makes a difference if you put 5 vs any other number. if you think he fucked up on your purchase put what you think is fair. if you dont think he did anything that deserves firing him, or not giving him the money for the deal then give him 5
!Xoible is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
E90330i

Drives: 06 Deep Green 325i
Location: Cincinnati when I'm home, Ohio University the rest of the time

Send a message via AIM to E90330i
Yes their commission depends on your ratings, don't give them bad ratings for the hell of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 07:44 AM   #5
IrvRobinson
Banned

Drives: X3

It's done on a phone call from BMW,the one in the mail is usually from the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
will@longbeachbmw

Drives: 2008 M Coupe

I lost $1,400 a few months ago because one guy decided to give me bad scores on the survey. When I called him and asked him why he did it - he said he was very sorry, they called him on a Saturday night and we was sitting around drinking with friends and thought it would be funny.

Also, because of that one survey, I also lost Honors (a BMW recognition program that goes for the whole year, in which you will be rewarded with extra money, an extremely cheap lease (cheaper than employee lease), recognition, engraved plaques, etc etc.)

Survey's are very important to the income of a salesman, and his job security. :-(
will@longbeachbmw is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
keysopendoors
Captain

Drives: 10' Mini S

Send a message via AIM to keysopendoors
Quote:
Originally Posted by will@longbeachbmw View Post
I lost $1,400 a few months ago because one guy decided to give me bad scores on the survey. When I called him and asked him why he did it - he said he was very sorry, they called him on a Saturday night and we was sitting around drinking with friends and thought it would be funny.

Also, because of that one survey, I also lost Honors (a BMW recognition program that goes for the whole year, in which you will be rewarded with extra money, an extremely cheap lease (cheaper than employee lease), recognition, engraved plaques, etc etc.)

Survey's are very important to the income of a salesman, and his job security. :-(
you lost enough money on me in the deal, so i thought it would be hilarious to give you a bad rating and ruin your reputation with BMW!

hahahaha, just kidding will, u know i hooked u up

2007 328i 6MT w/ ZSP - SOLD
2010 MINI S - 6MT w/ LSD
Pure-Euro - We Haters
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #8
will@longbeachbmw

Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysopendoors View Post
you lost enough money on me in the deal, so i thought it would be hilarious to give you a bad rating and ruin your reputation with BMW!

hahahaha, just kidding will, u know i hooked u up
ahaha you bastid
will@longbeachbmw is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 10:37 AM   #9
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper

Thanks for alerting me to the fact that the surveys are extremely important to the sales reps as they have much riding on the feedback they get from them.* Personally, I think these types of surveys are a great idea—they're absolutely necessary for the dealerships in assessing the work and service quality of their sales teams.* By truly using the information garnered from these surveys, I believe BMW can surpass the service hype touted by the rest of the luxury car brands on the market by upping the quality of the personnel that work for them.** **
However, I don't believe in giving the guy 5 stars just because he did some work and deserves to get paid for it.* He should be paid according to how WELL he was at providing me with the top-notch BMW service I paid for and should have received.*
      02-11-2008, 10:38 AM   #10
mrwma237
Polytech Trooper

Quote:

Thanks for alerting me to the fact that the surveys are extremely important to the sales reps as they have much riding on the feedback they get from them.* Personally, I think these types of surveys are a great idea—they're absolutely necessary for the dealerships in assessing the work and service quality of their sales teams.* By truly using the information garnered from these surveys, I believe BMW can surpass the service hype touted by the rest of the luxury car brands on the market by upping the quality of the personnel that work for them.** **
However, I don't believe in giving the guy 5 stars just because he did some work and deserves to get paid for it.* He should be paid according to how WELL he was at providing me with the top-notch BMW service I paid for and should have received.*
      02-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
evorobert
Private

Drives: 08 335i coupe

Send a message via AIM to evorobert
Quote:

expect 5 stars from me
evorobert is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0