E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMWNA Malfunction

02-17-2008, 10:25 PM   #1
DwarfDump

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Send a message via AIM to DwarfDump
BMWNA Malfunction

Is anyone else having trouble with the 800# at BMW North America? I'm trying to call for a status and it gets to "Please wait while I check the status of your order". I get the music tones while checking and then it says "Please hold while I transfer your call".

My car is waiting for for a shipping vessle and has been since the 8th...hope it didn't get dropped off the dock...

Thanks.
      02-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
JerryR
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarfDump View Post
Is anyone else having trouble with the 800# at BMW North America? I'm trying to call for a status and it gets to "Please wait while I check the status of your order". I get the music tones while checking and then it says "Please hold while I transfer your call".

My car is waiting for for a shipping vessle and has been since the 8th...hope it didn't get dropped off the dock...

Thanks.
Same thing happened to me today when I tried the 800 number, and like you, my car is sitting at the dock in Bremerhaven. Yesterday, I tried logging into the OC, and got a message that the website was down for maintenance. Could be related to this.

The "waiting at the dock" period is apparently the most difficult, as it involves a lot of variables (i.e. how many cars are in front of yours to get on a vessel) that cannot be determined by us. Could be days at the port, could be weeks.

At least you're not alone...
JerryR is offline   United_States
      02-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
jnickel

Drives: 335i

I was getting the same message, but I'm getting "in Transit" now. And I got on the dock on the 11th, so you guys are most likely on the boat with me.
      02-17-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
JerryR
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnickel View Post
I was getting the same message, but I'm getting "in Transit" now. And I got on the dock on the 11th, so you guys are most likely on the boat with me.
I just tried the 800 number, and it still wants to transfer my call.

According to my sales agent, my car actually made it to the dock on the 11th as well. Do you know which vessel your car is on?
JerryR is offline   United_States
      02-18-2008, 09:10 PM   #5
DwarfDump

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Send a message via AIM to DwarfDump
On its way...

I heard from my CA that my car was loaded on a boat on 14 Feb. The boat is named the Ingolstadt and is operated by KLINE. Its due to port in Charleston on 27 Feb. Not sure how to track KLINE, but I'm gonna keep looking.

Let me know if anyone else is on this boat with me!

Thanks