E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > ▀▄ eas | remoteKEY™ now available - open/close your windows with your key!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #199
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
 
tjnptel1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Norfolk, VA

Posts: 2,219
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnptel1 View Post
so does this work flawlessly or is it still "Beta" with the mirrors folding?
.....
__________________
Bottles are for babies, Real men get blown.
tjnptel1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #200
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnptel1 View Post
.....
The project was never in beta when made public, the folding mirror option was added in a few months ago.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-29-2008, 09:44 PM   #201
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Tom pm sent ... I hope you'll be able to get all the need info this time
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2008, 09:37 PM   #202
Grizzles
First Lieutenant
 
Grizzles's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 550XI MSPORT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NNJ

Posts: 376
iTrader: (0)

So if i have CA, this module will close the windows from my remote and fold the mirrors.
Grizzles is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #203
ctgazer
Major General
 
ctgazer's Avatar
 
Drives: a dilapidated ride
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: canada eh!

Posts: 7,952
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to ctgazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
So if i have CA, this module will close the windows from my remote and fold the mirrors.
yup. you dont need CA. you just need a e9x with power windows!
__________________
ctgazer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2008, 12:12 AM   #204
samps
Captain
 
Drives: Transit
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GVA

Posts: 671
iTrader: (2)

Does this affect the OEM alarm at all? It was my understanding that pressing lock once on the fob locked and set the alarm, but pressing again within 30 seconds disabled the motion sensor. Can anyone confirm?
samps is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #205
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
So if i have CA, this module will close the windows from my remote and fold the mirrors.
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samps View Post
Does this affect the OEM alarm at all? It was my understanding that pressing lock once on the fob locked and set the alarm, but pressing again within 30 seconds disabled the motion sensor. Can anyone confirm?
We have a remoteKEY-equipped e92 M3 w/ Comfort access and factory alarm - all works perfectly.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #206
samps
Captain
 
Drives: Transit
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GVA

Posts: 671
iTrader: (2)

So can you program the remoteKEY to close windows and fold mirrors with one press of the lock? I'm guessing that if you program to close windows and fold mirrors with two presses of the lock, then it will deactivate the motion sensor. Is this correct?
samps is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #207
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by samps View Post
So can you program the remoteKEY to close windows and fold mirrors with one press of the lock? I'm guessing that if you program to close windows and fold mirrors with two presses of the lock, then it will deactivate the motion sensor. Is this correct?
You do have an automatic option to activate folding mirrors whenever the locks are engaged.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #208
samps
Captain
 
Drives: Transit
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GVA

Posts: 671
iTrader: (2)

Thanks for the response Tom. I'm still confused about the motion sensor and it being deactivated. Would it be possible for you to list the programming options (along with button sequences)?
samps is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 04:51 PM   #209
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by samps View Post
Thanks for the response Tom. I'm still confused about the motion sensor and it being deactivated. Would it be possible for you to list the programming options (along with button sequences)?
Just got your email - a user's manual/installation instructions have been sent.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #210
inabis
Captain
 
inabis's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Daytona Beach->Denver->Seattle->The Bay

Posts: 956
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
does this thing work flawlessly or is the windows folding still a hit or miss?
__________________
inabis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #211
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
does this thing work flawlessly or is the windows folding still a hit or miss?
It never was hit or miss in the first place.

Here's a couple of videos of the kit in action showing remote window and mirror features:

__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #212
inabis
Captain
 
inabis's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Daytona Beach->Denver->Seattle->The Bay

Posts: 956
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
so do you have to hit the lock button (again) to open the folder mirrors? Or can you set it to open with the open button?
__________________
inabis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #213
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
so do you have to hit the lock button (again) to open the folder mirrors? Or can you set it to open with the open button?
Depends on how you have your options setup when installed - I personally like the manual fold as in the video. There is also an autofold option when the doors are locked if desired.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #214
samps
Captain
 
Drives: Transit
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GVA

Posts: 671
iTrader: (2)

Thanks Tom, I just ordered and it has apparently shipped already. That was fast!

In the video I noticed that you 'double click', and then hold down on the second click. Is this how it has to be done, or can you just hold down on the first click? If you have function 1 set to setting 2 (remote and unlock), and have to double click, this would disable the internal motion sensor, no?
samps is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #215
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by samps View Post
Thanks Tom, I just ordered and it has apparently shipped already. That was fast!

In the video I noticed that you 'double click', and then hold down on the second click. Is this how it has to be done, or can you just hold down on the first click? If you have function 1 set to setting 2 (remote and unlock), and have to double click, this would disable the internal motion sensor, no?
I have manual setting at the moment since I don't have a need to have the mirrors fold every time the vehicle is parked. Auto setting will give the mirrors the folding command every time the vehicle is locked via the FOB.

I just posted a full article last night in our journal, take a look: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3237793
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #216
xman2i380
Kidz
 
xman2i380's Avatar
 
Drives: titanium silver 328i E92
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: new york

Posts: 47
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to xman2i380
Quote:
Originally Posted by inabis View Post
does this thing work flawlessly or is the windows folding still a hit or miss?
i've had it for awhile now, and it's still a hit and miss...problem solve when you move the wires around....
__________________
always BMW
xman2i380 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #217
samps
Captain
 
Drives: Transit
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GVA

Posts: 671
iTrader: (2)

Maybe I'm just not following correctly, but I can't seem to find the answer to my 'specific' scenario in the above link.

First, a question:

For function 1 items to work, does one need to 'double click' and hold down on the second click (as per the videos) for it to function? Or can I click once and continue to hold down for function 1 items to work?

Scenario 1:

I've just parked the car. I remove key and get out. Windows are still open. I want to lock the car and roll up windows, without deactivating the motion sensor.

Can I just press the lock button once (to lock and activate alarm) and continue holding lock for 2 seconds to roll up windows....OR....do I have to 'double click' and hold down on the second click --> I presume that the first click would lock and activate alarm, second click would deactivate motion sensor, but close windows.

Scenario 2:

I've just parked the car. I remove the key and get out. Windows are closed. I want to lock the car and fold the mirrors, however, have function 3 set to setting 2 (manual).

If I have to double click in order to get the mirrors to fold, and lock the car, this would deactivate the motion sensor. So, in order to not deactivate the motion sensor, I have to lock, wait approx. 30 seconds, and then double click in order to fold in mirrors. Is this correct?

Sorry to be such a pain, but I'm running scenarios through my head, and want to make sure I understand how this works, especially with the double clicking I've seen and knowing that clicking lock after clicking initially deactivates the motion sensor.
samps is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #218
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by samps View Post
Maybe I'm just not following correctly, but I can't seem to find the answer to my 'specific' scenario in the above link.

First, a question:

For function 1 items to work, does one need to 'double click' and hold down on the second click (as per the videos) for it to function? Or can I click once and continue to hold down for function 1 items to work?

Scenario 1:

I've just parked the car. I remove key and get out. Windows are still open. I want to lock the car and roll up windows, without deactivating the motion sensor.

Can I just press the lock button once (to lock and activate alarm) and continue holding lock for 2 seconds to roll up windows....OR....do I have to 'double click' and hold down on the second click --> I presume that the first click would lock and activate alarm, second click would deactivate motion sensor, but close windows.
You press and hold for +3 seconds to activate this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samps View Post
Scenario 2:

I've just parked the car. I remove the key and get out. Windows are closed. I want to lock the car and fold the mirrors, however, have function 3 set to setting 2 (manual).

If I have to double click in order to get the mirrors to fold, and lock the car, this would deactivate the motion sensor. So, in order to not deactivate the motion sensor, I have to lock, wait approx. 30 seconds, and then double click in order to fold in mirrors. Is this correct?

Sorry to be such a pain, but I'm running scenarios through my head, and want to make sure I understand how this works, especially with the double clicking I've seen and knowing that clicking lock after clicking initially deactivates the motion sensor.
Depends on how fast you press the lock button. If pressed fast like a mouse double-click - it will deactivate the sensor, but notice the speed in which I'm pressing it in the video, it's much slower.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #219
samps
Captain
 
Drives: Transit
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GVA

Posts: 671
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
You press and hold for +3 seconds to activate this feature.



Depends on how fast you press the lock button. If pressed fast like a mouse double-click - it will deactivate the sensor, but notice the speed in which I'm pressing it in the video, it's much slower.
In both videos I hear double clicking.

In the mirror video, double clicking is pretty quick. I understand double clicking is required for mirror folding in manual mode.

In the window video, double clicking is slower, and second click is when you actually hold down the button. --> is double clicking necessary for this scenario? If so, wouldn't my scenario 1 above disable the motion sensor?

My understanding was that pressing lock a second time within 30 seconds deactivated the oe motion sensor. Am I completely off base?
samps is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 05:25 PM   #220
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,161
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by samps View Post
In both videos I hear double clicking.

In the mirror video, double clicking is pretty quick. I understand double clicking is required for mirror folding in manual mode.

In the window video, double clicking is slower, and second click is when you actually hold down the button. --> is double clicking necessary for this scenario? If so, wouldn't my scenario 1 above disable the motion sensor?

My understanding was that pressing lock a second time within 30 seconds deactivated the oe motion sensor. Am I completely off base?
Double clicking is needed for the specific configuration in the videos - manual fold. You also have the option of autofold which occurs whenever the doors are locked via the key.

The motion sensor is not deactivated in either case.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST