E90Post

Horizon LED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Msport Steering Wheel DIY

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
bavarian19's Avatar Msport Steering Wheel DIY
bavarian19
01-28-2006
Well, after taking a break Ive decided to just get this over with... First, my car: 325i Sport/Premium packages and non-iDrive. These instructions should be pretty much the same for all sport E90's, but I cant guarantee that it is. The only new part that I needed was the wheel itself. ...
By bmwexecutive on 12-19-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm all done. The new wheel is installed. But one more question, how exactly do I go about reconnecting the battery terminal? I just attempted it and sparks started flying as the metal piece touched the part it's suppose to seat down on. Do I just ignore the sparks and keep going? I don't want to short anything.
By Greeney on 12-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
I'm all done. The new wheel is installed. But one more question, how exactly do I go about reconnecting the battery terminal? I just attempted it and sparks started flying as the metal piece touched the part it's suppose to seat down on. Do I just ignore the sparks and keep going? I don't want to short anything.
I will tell you how to do it after you take some pics
By bmwexecutive on 12-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou
Hey Exec...
So you got your steering wheel that's awesome...
I din't get mine yet it was held back at customs...
Anyways i'm sooo anxious please tell me how it feels...
Is it as we predicted? Close to Z4M wheel?
As thick? As smooth?
Detailsssssssssssssssssssssssssss pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
As far as the texture, it feels just like the Z4M wheel---very sporty, smooth and just the tiniest bit squishy. It's not as thick as the Z4M wheel, but I have to say it's very close. Maybe 5 or 10% thinner than the Z4M. Have to get out my cuticle trimmer and cut some tiny extruding threads now.
By bmwexecutive on 12-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney
I will tell you how to do it after you take some pics
Nope. No pics until I get the battery connected again.
By bmwexecutive on 12-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Anyone? I want to go out and test this sucker out. Then have a beer like the DIY says.
By HRC on 12-19-2006, 10:46 PM
Quote:
..but one more question, how exactly do I go about reconnecting the battery terminal? I just attempted it and sparks started flying as the metal piece touched the part it's suppose to seat down on. Do I just ignore the sparks and keep going? I don't want to short anything.
How exactly do you reconnect the battery negative cable? Put it on and tighten?

You are brave though, I wouldn't even attempt to change a flat if I had as many questions as you. I wouldn't want to over-tighten my lug bolts trying to get them off.

Danny
By bmwexecutive on 12-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
How exactly do you reconnect the battery negative cable? Put it on and tighten?

You are brave though, I wouldn't even attempt to change a flat if I had as many questions as you. I wouldn't want to over-tighten my lug bolts trying to get them off.

Danny
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

So I should disregard the sparking of the battery terminal and keep on going then?
By HRC on 12-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence.

So I should disregard the sparking of the battery terminal and keep on going then?
OMG, I take my vote BACK.

Yes, just keep going. Does your beer have a twist-off cap?

Danny
By HRC on 12-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Out of all the other people that post on this thread, why am I the only one helping this guy?

Danny
By Greeney on 12-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
Out of all the other people that post on this thread, why am I the only one helping this guy?

Danny
I dont want to be the one responsible for anything if he lights his car on fire!
By HRC on 12-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Quote:
I dont want to be the one responsible for anything if he lights his car on fire!
Dude, I get the feeling he could set his car ablaze pumping gas, what's your point?

Danny
By Greeney on 12-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
Dude, I get the feeling he could set his car ablaze pumping gas, what's your point?

Danny
I was joking around but hey, it could right??
By bmwexecutive on 12-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC

Danny
Excuse me. Sorry that I'm being so cautious about not doing anything to ruin or cause problems to my 50 thousand dollar car. I won't be able to go on unless I can somehow make it up to you over how sorry I am for asking questions.

You wouldn't be the greatest teacher. I could see it now---your students ask you three questions about something and you throw a ruler at them and tell them to shut up because they're asking too many questions just wanting to make sure they completely comprehend what you're saying.

On another note, the steering wheel is installed and the battery is reconnected. Just about to take it out for a drive. I'll probably swing by the car wash while I'm out too. Car wash at midnight.
By bmwexecutive on 12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Quote:
I was joking around but hey, it could right??
What could be right?
By bmwexecutive on 12-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
OMG, I take my vote BACK.

Yes, just keep going. Does your beer have a twist-off cap?

Danny
Yeah. How'd you know? It's got one of those sippy straws too.
By HRC on 12-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Excuse me. Sorry that I'm being so cautious about not doing anything to ruin or cause problems to my 50 thousand dollar car. I won't be able to go on unless I can somehow make it up to you over how sorry I am for asking questions.

You wouldn't be the greatest teacher. I could see it now---your students ask you three questions about something and you throw a ruler at them and tell them to shut up because they're asking too many questions just wanting to make sure they completely comprehend what you're saying...
How I treat you is a product of how you conduct yourself here on the board. I don't like you. Your lucky I even wanted to help you out at all. Trust me, plenty of people here think I'm very helpful, and just because other members don't say so, many don't like you.

Danny
By Greeney on 12-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Logan...
By HRC on 12-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Quote:
What could be right?
See post 211, 212 & 213

Danny
By HRC on 12-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Yeah. How'd you know? It's got one of those sippy straws too.
Let me make another guess, you actually NEED that sippy staw, don't ya?

Danny
By Greeney on 12-19-2006, 11:52 PM
I <3 sippy straws...
By HRC on 12-19-2006, 11:53 PM
BTW, I know plenty of people who care just the same about their 20K car, difference is they have more tact, and all around smarter than a bag of rocks, door knob, etc...

Bragging about your "$50K" 3er is just too much, at least try to act like you've had some money before.

Danny
By bmwexecutive on 12-20-2006, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
Trust me, plenty of people here think I'm very helpful, and just because other members don't say so, many don't like you.
And how's that? What do I do to offend members on here?
Comment