E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > New Mini Cooper



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-02-2008, 08:15 AM   #23
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,129
iTrader: (0)

Cheers Carlos.
If i had some spare cash (which I do not) i would happily order the M3. However, the Miswah is now talking about a new kitchen, what do you think will win????
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 08:22 AM   #24
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Cheers Carlos.
If i had some spare cash (which I do not) i would happily order the M3. However, the Miswah is now talking about a new kitchen, what do you think will win????
Kitchen

Buy some lottery tickets. Or ask her to wait a couple of years when some new style kitchens come out.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 08:34 AM   #25
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,129
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Kitchen

Buy some lottery tickets. Or ask her to wait a couple of years when some new style kitchens come out.
You're single Carlos, you don't yet fully understand the working of Miswahs' minds.......... they dont think like that.

When you eventually get married, just remember that the wedding cake is the biggest passion killer of them all...and "I do" actually means "I don't"....
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 08:49 AM   #26
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
You're single Carlos, you don't yet fully understand the working of Miswahs' minds.......... they dont think like that.

When you eventually get married, just remember that the wedding cake is the biggest passion killer of them all...and "I do" actually means "I don't"....
I am in a relationship LOL. But i aint getting married for years man. No way

Why is the cake a passion killer? your belly is too full for rumpy pumpy later on..?!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #27
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,129
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I am in a relationship LOL. But i aint getting married for years man. No way

Why is the cake a passion killer? your belly is too full for rumpy pumpy later on..?!
It lasts a little longer than just 'later on' ....................
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 09:38 AM   #28
Fatbloke
Private First Class
 
Fatbloke's Avatar
 
Drives: 320d SE E91 Montego Blue (177)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cardiff, WALES isn't it.

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
The Discovery 3 is marketed in the US as the LR3.
Ha! just as I though.

I know Jack shit.
__________________
Fatbloke
Fatbloke is offline   Wales
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #29
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
 
Z4 Beemer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK

Posts: 2,353
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Z4 Beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Why is the cake a passion killer? your belly is too full for rumpy pumpy later on..?!
__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive 23i... for the more discerning driver
Z4 Beemer is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #30
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

Carlos you either get dafter or funnier
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 02:03 PM   #31
vivekk
THE Viv
 
vivekk's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i SE
Join Date: May 2005
Location: the North, UK

Posts: 4,740
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
..Why is the cake a passion killer? your belly is too full for rumpy pumpy later on..?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
It lasts a little longer than just 'later on' ....................


Viv
__________________
[TiAg ▪ Dakota Black ▪ Active steering ▪ Sports suspension ▪ 162s ▪ Sports seats ▪ Al trim ▪ Bi-Xenons ▪ F&R PDC NavPro ▪ Voice control ▪ Bluetooth ▪ 6CD Logic7]


vivekk is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2008, 03:16 PM   #32
CrimsonRedE93
Major
 
CrimsonRedE93's Avatar
 
Drives: Le Mans Blue E93 330d+
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 1,085
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
You need to promote the M3 over the kitchen

I can drive you in style my love to no end of expensive restaurants so that you can be pampered and not have to cook yourself

Still wouldnt get me an M3 but worth a go
CrimsonRedE93 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2008, 05:07 AM   #33
Bumps
Captain
 
Bumps's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hampshire, UK

Posts: 859
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Cooper looks wicked Pete - excellent choice of spec, and they are such great fun to drive.

Hope you enjoy it and don't forget to park the GL on Ken Livingstone's lawn!
Bumps is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #34
Gibbo
Colonel
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Ed35
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South East

Posts: 2,292
iTrader: (0)

Peter,

How is your new mini going have you driven it much yet or have you been out in your 'company' submarine?
__________________
Golf Ed35 Black with - Black Leather
Gibbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #35
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,129
iTrader: (0)

Gibbo, new Mini is fantastic. It's a great and fun drive. Mrs is a bit ambivalent about it at the moment, but it will grow on her as she saves money not filling up the Disco! Not that impressed with mpg, OBC is currently reading 27.7mpg, admitedly it is mostly around town and it has only got about 100 miles on the clock but i hope it gets better! The auto box doesn't help mpg but i expected more. It is really driveable and is just great to drive. it feels much more 'car' like than the beemer, i feel totally in control as opposed to be assisted by various techno gadgets. Ride is a little harsh on the runflats but not as bad as the 335d was. Haven't driven it long distance but will do soon.

I drove the Disco to Scotland this weekend, after filling it with 92 of diesel - that hurt! I love the Disco, it is three years old now and I am amazed that it is a car that still looks good to the eye and I still love driving it after three years - some feat for me! It is a shame it has to go in May but I am sure the GL will be just as good.

On the submarine front, I have just been told that I am getting a brand new 1bn company 'vehicle' in January next year! very pleased! It is currently under construction in Cumbria!
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #36
Gibbo
Colonel
 
Gibbo's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Ed35
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South East

Posts: 2,292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Gibbo, new Mini is fantastic. It's a great and fun drive. Mrs is a bit ambivalent about it at the moment, but it will grow on her as she saves money not filling up the Disco! Not that impressed with mpg, OBC is currently reading 27.7mpg, admitedly it is mostly around town and it has only got about 100 miles on the clock but i hope it gets better! The auto box doesn't help mpg but i expected more. It is really driveable and is just great to drive. it feels much more 'car' like than the beemer, i feel totally in control as opposed to be assisted by various techno gadgets. Ride is a little harsh on the runflats but not as bad as the 335d was. Haven't driven it long distance but will do soon.

I drove the Disco to Scotland this weekend, after filling it with 92 of diesel - that hurt! I love the Disco, it is three years old now and I am amazed that it is a car that still looks good to the eye and I still love driving it after three years - some feat for me! It is a shame it has to go in May but I am sure the GL will be just as good.

On the submarine front, I have just been told that I am getting a brand new 1bn company 'vehicle' in January next year! very pleased! It is currently under construction in Cumbria!

Auto, 1.6 engine and town driving are always going to hurt on fuel. Pleased you are happy with your new car.
__________________
Golf Ed35 Black with - Black Leather
Gibbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST