E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > C63 order cancelled........however

03-05-2008, 06:32 AM   #23
Real Thing
Lieutenant

Drives: Audi TT-RS Plus + A45 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Thing View Post
I think I might go for the Super Silver I suppose with 20Ē Alloys you have to be careful you donít get to Bling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
and this is the colur im going for it called Super Silver ( 8 coats of paint and three coats of clear laquer for a liquid effect)
CopyCat
      03-05-2008, 06:41 AM   #24
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....

Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Ive just put my deposit down with Benfield Nissan for the GTR Im number 8 on the list. They are getting 40 cars in 2009

now all ive got to choose is the spec
Superb news - I am seriously considering one of those also when the vert goes next June

What deposit are they asking for at the moment?
M3-FAST is offline   England
      03-05-2008, 06:53 AM   #25
Real Thing
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Superb news - I am seriously considering one of those also when the vert goes next June

What deposit are they asking for at the moment?
Seems that dealers arenít suppose to be taking Deposits until April when the official list is open then the full £3.5K Deposit is required.
Most Dealers require some form of commitment to put you on their list which will then be official next month (Iíve put £1K and must top that up to the full £3.5K before April to stay 7th according to my Dealer)
      03-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #26
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Seems that dealers arenít suppose to be taking Deposits until April when the official list is open then the full £3.5K Deposit is required.
Most Dealers require some form of commitment to put you on their list which will then be official next month (Iíve put £1K and must top that up to the full £3.5K before April to stay 7th according to my Dealer)
Is it a refundable deposit?
      03-05-2008, 07:50 AM   #27
-=TSL=-
Lieutenant

Drives: a sexy 325i

Garage List
I hate you!!!!

I want a GTR! pleeeeease....
What a car! Good choice!

TSL

-=E92 325i M Sport-Alpine White-Saddle Brown-NavPro-Bluetooth-Individual Sound-6FL-Brushed Aluminium=-
      03-05-2008, 08:14 AM   #28
Real Thing
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Is it a refundable deposit?
Refundable up until time of spec
      03-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #29
Steve A
Brigadier General

Drives: too much

Quote:
CopyCat

dont you F^%*ing call me a copycat ya BAst7^^^%il F66565ing K88877L you

You are damned right about the colour it looks amazing!!

Also Chris its a non cost option!!!! NISSAN has lost its marbles
      03-05-2008, 11:15 AM   #30
squeezebm
Colonel

Drives: Audi

Quote:
I had a feeling that you where jesting, but just in case you were having a go i thought id call you a COCK just for good measure

and this is the colur im going for it called Super Silver ( 8 coats of paint and three coats of clear laquer for a liquid effect)

BTW the Merc dealer went white, i dont think im the only one the do it either.

NOW that looks
      03-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #31
BC4J
Captain

Drives: Where did my passengers go???

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
dont you F^%*ing call me a copycat ya BAst7^^^%il F66565ing K88877L you

You are damned right about the colour it looks amazing!!

Also Chris its a non cost option!!!! NISSAN has lost its marbles
How on earth do they manage to sell this car in Japan for only £31K and make money on it!
      03-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #32
CrimsonRedE93
Major

Drives: Le Mans Blue E93 330d+

Garage List
I was going to buy a GTR too but they seem to be a little common now
CrimsonRedE93 is offline   United Kingdom
      03-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #33
Steve A
Brigadier General

Quote:
CopyCat
just found out chris that the the colour in the photo is actually Gun Metal so whos the copy now:finger:
      03-07-2008, 06:06 AM   #34
330cdsport
Right Responsible

Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
I have to admit that the GTR is currently the only car that would bring me back from a diesel to a petrol car. It is absolutely awesome.

0-100 in 8.6 secs or so is unbelievable - and this is supposedly easily attainable every time you launch it.
330cdsport is offline   United Kingdom
      03-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #35
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist

Drives: E46 M3 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cdsport View Post
I have to admit that the GTR is currently the only car that would bring me back from a diesel to a petrol car. It is absolutely awesome.

0-100 in 8.6 secs or so is unbelievable - and this is supposedly easily attainable every time you launch it.
911 turbo is a more prestigeous car. Im really not sure which one id want. I mean The GT-R is new and something else to look at. How long the novelty will last i do not know. CAR mag says the M3 is somewhat slower but much more fun to drive.
      03-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #36
Real Thing
Lieutenant

Quote:
just found out chris that the the colour in the photo is actually Gun Metal so whos the copy now:finger:
Ok I concede I'll be coping you
      03-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #37
Evil Diesel
Captain

Drives: E92 335d M Sport

I hope the f**king ship sinks and some hippie on the beach sets up a gay commune in your ride.

Japanese rubbish.
Evil Diesel is offline   United Kingdom
      03-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #38
squeezebm
Colonel

Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Diesel View Post
I hope the f**king ship sinks and some hippie on the beach sets up a gay commune in your ride.

Japanese rubbish.

03-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #39
andy69
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E90-320d

Quote:

Japanese rubbish.
I cant wait for Steve's reply to that
      03-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #40
Steve A
Brigadier General

Quote:

Japanese rubbish.
i dont give a **** what you think you *** london ****. Ill set up a gay commune in your arse you ********

see you at UK5

Steve the GTR loverman

:finger:
      03-07-2008, 02:36 PM   #41
Steve A
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
911 turbo is a more prestigeous car. Im really not sure which one id want. I mean The GT-R is new and something else to look at. How long the novelty will last i do not know. CAR mag says the M3 is somewhat slower but much more fun to drive.
I agree Carl it will never have to staus of a 911 turbo, but i dont want that, if i did id buy a 911 turbo. Mates had one not worth 100k in the memory of man. Plus every didckhead in the village drives a porker ( no offence chris and gibbo.......well a little bit to gibbo only joking)

I want the GTR because it just does everything i want it to.

Amazing straight line speed, corners like no other, DCT box im too lazing to dip the clucth thesedays. 4 seats, touch screen Nav/bluetooth, only 400 cars a year so it will be very exclusive, and in Gun metal i think its a very sexy car and its less than 60k which is mega value. Also i think it will hold its value very well so it will be an even better ownership proposition. I dont give a f**k about fuel comsumption.

And believe me the fact that it can outperform a 911 GT3 around a race track it will definately be lots of fun. And can you picture Mr 911 Tubs face as i pull up at the side of him at the lights i cant f**king wait.

Now i must can and do a ceramonial saki toast. haaaaaso gentleman.
      03-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #42
Gibbo
Colonel

Drives: Golf Ed35

[quote=Steve A;2267033]I agree Carl it will never have to staus of a 911 turbo, but i dont want that, if i did id buy a 911 turbo. Mates had one not worth 100k in the memory of man. Plus every didckhead in the village drives a porker ( no offence chris and gibbo.......well a little bit to gibbo only joking)

QUOTE]

Cheers Steve A, whilst I agree with you that there are more than a fair share of dickheads who drive Porsche this goes the same for Ferrari, Aston, BMW, etc as well. A large proportion of people who can afford to buy these cars new see them as a status symbol and don't buy them like enthusiasts who dreamt from childhood to own one of these cars. (This is a few people and then the real enthusiasts generally pick up the 5 yr old + examples when they become affordable.

Back to Porsche the dealers generally but not exclusively are up their own **** and the sales people only want to give you a shitty trade in for your own motor and tell you car needs £10k of options or you will never sell it 2nd hand bollox. - and earn loads of comission, they are not enthusiasts but that is fine as most customers are not either.

THE Boxster I owned was £38k and in my opinion a bargin and although it was not quick compared to a 335d for example, the driving experience imo is head and sholders ahead of anything else I have driven for the money in steering feel, driving position,handling balance and weight of controls. You could place the car on the road with accuracy and most importantly to me it was really fun to drive when going slow as well which is a large proportion of the time in the SE.

My Dads 997 C2S is much more of a grand tourer imo. I would not personally have the confidence or talent to put it down a B road as quick as a Boxster as you are still aware of the weight over the back axel. The car is much quicker than a boxster straight line but not much quicker than say a Boxster S or a 335d in real world driving say 40 to 80mph but again the driving feel, control weight, engine noice is fantastic. A speced 997s is twice the price of a speced boxster and is no way twice the car!

911 Turbo is just so fast (but not worth £100k) and I am sure the Nissan will be as well no question - but will it have the overall control feel and weight of a Porsche - I am not sure.

It will be quick, it will have high level of handling grip, the gearbox will change in mili seconds and blip on the downshift and be dam smart and value for money - no question it punches well above it's price.

The Nissan would be wasted on me as I would not use it's massive performance that often and at four tenths it would not excite me. Hence a boxster/cayman/elise with a manual box that I could use at eight tenths more of the time would feel more of a sports car to me.
      03-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #43
Steve A
Brigadier General

[quote=Gibbo;2267295]
Quote:
I agree Carl it will never have to staus of a 911 turbo, but i dont want that, if i did id buy a 911 turbo. Mates had one not worth 100k in the memory of man. Plus every didckhead in the village drives a porker ( no offence chris and gibbo.......well a little bit to gibbo only joking)

QUOTE]

Cheers Steve A, whilst I agree with you that there are more than a fair share of dickheads who drive Porsche this goes the same for Ferrari, Aston, BMW, etc as well. A large proportion of people who can afford to buy these cars new see them as a status symbol and don't buy them like enthusiasts who dreamt from childhood to own one of these cars. (This is a few people and then the real enthusiasts generally pick up the 5 yr old + examples when they become affordable.

Back to Porsche the dealers generally but not exclusively are up their own **** and the sales people only want to give you a shitty trade in for your own motor and tell you car needs £10k of options or you will never sell it 2nd hand bollox. - and earn loads of comission, they are not enthusiasts but that is fine as most customers are not either.

THE Boxster I owned was £38k and in my opinion a bargin and although it was not quick compared to a 335d for example, the driving experience imo is head and sholders ahead of anything else I have driven for the money in steering feel, driving position,handling balance and weight of controls. You could place the car on the road with accuracy and most importantly to me it was really fun to drive when going slow as well which is a large proportion of the time in the SE.

My Dads 997 C2S is much more of a grand tourer imo. I would not personally have the confidence or talent to put it down a B road as quick as a Boxster as you are still aware of the weight over the back axel. The car is much quicker than a boxster straight line but not much quicker than say a Boxster S or a 335d in real world driving say 40 to 80mph but again the driving feel, control weight, engine noice is fantastic. A speced 997s is twice the price of a speced boxster and is no way twice the car!

911 Turbo is just so fast (but not worth £100k) and I am sure the Nissan will be as well no question - but will it have the overall control feel and weight of a Porsche - I am not sure.

It will be quick, it will have high level of handling grip, the gearbox will change in mili seconds and blip on the downshift and be dam smart and value for money - no question it punches well above it's price.

The Nissan would be wasted on me as I would not use it's massive performance that often and at four tenths it would not excite me. Hence a boxster/cayman/elise with a manual box that I could use at eight tenths more of the time would feel more of a sports car to me.

Gibbo, thanks for the response and i hope that with the use of smileis you knew i was joking

Last edited by Steve A; 03-07-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Steve A is offline   United Kingdom
      03-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #44
Gibbo
Colonel

Drives: Golf Ed35

Steve,

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the 'beast' when it arrives.