E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 Pre-LCI xenon to LCI conversion - few questions!

09-05-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
riso1988
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi

E90 Pre-LCI xenon to LCI conversion - few questions!

Hey so I'm in the process of a Pre-LCI xenon to LCI xenon conversion. I previously had the Daeos vista harness wired to use the angel eyes as running lights. I left the harness on as I'm on FRM and don't want to update to FRM2 if I don't have to. I have the new headlights in (plug and play). The adaptive lights work, but after a few seconds, I get a parking light malfunction and my angel eyes go out. Will coding out the parking light bulb checks solve the issue and allow the angel eyes to stay on? Also my LED signals are always on when the xenon headlights are on. Is this normal for an LCI? They also seem bright. Do I need to code them to modify the voltage? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
siphor1989
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Do you have leds bulbs for your angel eyes? If so, you need to code out the bulb check for the angel eyes and also the led turn signals.

Pre-lci e90 headlights use the turn signals as the parking lights which is why the led turn signals are constantly on. This can be fixed via coding. Also, you will need to change the PWM for the turn signals via coding or else they will flicker when you use them.

The adaptive/auto-levelling is likely also not working properly if the FRM is still coded for pre-lci headlights.

There is a lot of coding that needs to be done to get lci headlights to function like OEM on a pre-lci car.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
riso1988
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by siphor1989 View Post
Do you have leds bulbs for your angel eyes? If so, you need to code out the bulb check for the angel eyes and also the led turn signals.

Pre-lci e90 headlights use the turn signals as the parking lights which is why the led turn signals are constantly on. This can be fixed via coding. Also, you will need to change the PWM for the turn signals via coding or else they will flicker when you use them.

The adaptive/auto-levelling is likely also not working properly if the FRM is still coded for pre-lci headlights.

There is a lot of coding that needs to be done to get lci headlights to function like OEM on a pre-lci car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by siphor1989 View Post

Thanks for the follow up Siphor. As of right now I have regular halogen for the angel eyes but plan on getting Lux bulbs shortly. I will code out the bulb check warnings as you mentioned.

That makes sense about the parking lights. Any idea what value id have to change in the .man file to disable them?

As for the turn signals, they don't flicker but do seem very bright. I'm not sure if that has to do with the PWM or if they are jus bright LEDs.

The adaptive seems to work, they level when I turn on the car but who knows if it's correct. Is there a way to verify/fix this?

Is all this coding a result of FRMFA? Would it be easier to just get a FRM2 or would there still be the same issues?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0