E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 335xi badge slants??

03-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #23
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist

Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hov333 View Post
i did track the car, i do remember the website telling me its arrived but my SA said that it was at the warehouse or whatever. That took a couple of days and then it basically arrived at the dealer and they prep'ed it basically the same day.

I'm gonna head to Dick's autobody and have them check it out. thats bullshit if they replaced my trunk or something, and the rebadged it
Most likely there was some damage on the trunk and they resprayed it but messed up the badges when they put them on again. Have a certified appraiser look at it and get the report in writing in case something is fishy and then file in small claims against Chambers.
      03-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #24
hov333
Captain

Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Send a message via AIM to hov333
i wouldnt even know what to ask for from chambers tho...what would people in my position do?

2008 AW/CR 335xi 6MT premium sport comfort
Procede V3|UR catless DP|Eisenhaus 2ndary cat-delete|Defi Racer Gauges|Bastuck Quad Exhaust|cone filters|KW V3| Aero lip|Vorsteiner V-35 CF Hood|Vorsteiner CF CSL bootlid|Hamann roofwing|DukeDynamics sideskirts|GP Thunders|DDM 5,000k D1S+fogs|Hardwired v1|Lumar tints
hov333 is offline   Armenia
      03-24-2008, 09:46 PM   #25
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook

Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

Quote:
i wouldnt even know what to ask for from chambers tho...what would people in my position do?
I would ask my CA what happened, and show him the odd placement. I think one of those paint thickness measurement tools (look at the FMINUS threads) will show whether the trunk was repainted or not...
      03-24-2008, 09:51 PM   #26
SLCGoonski
Brigadier General

Drives: 2008 335i

if a bmw dealer did the detail...no way that badging goes unnoticed unless they're trying to cover something up.
08 335i e90 TiAg/Black, Premium, Sport, Step, Cold Weather, BMW Perf. shifter/e-brake, M3 lip spoiler, blacklines, aFe intake, VMR 710s, Gloss black vinyl trim, black 3.5" DiMisa tips, Procede V5, ar Design OCC, ETS 5" intercooler (black), MTech wheel, rear bumper, and side skirts, Stett CP, Forge DVs, LUX 5.1, Ground Control Coil-overs, OEM split armrest, Raceland catless DPs, BIM Coded...
      03-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #27
Kev

Garage List
Quote:
First, get the appraiser to look at the car first and have him / her confirm that there has been paint work done to the car. Get everything in writing.

Second, call the sales manager of Herb Chambers BMW, explain to him what happened and what you think happened, and tell them your claim is backed up by an independent appraiser in writing.

Third, ask them what exactly happened to the car. They have to disclose any body work that has been done to the car prior to delivery (that does not include VPC repair, but you can find that out by calling BMW USA). Get everything in writing, so that you won't be responsible for the paint damage in the future. If they denied anything, tell them your attorney will subpoena their records if they do not cooperate.

Lastly, tell them what you would like them to do to make it right for you and stand firm. Get everything in writing and have both parties sign it.
      03-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #28
hov333
Captain

thanks for the good advice kev! i will get on this tomorrow and let you all know what happens...as far as telling Herb what I would like them to do to make it right, I mean, its just the badge thats messed up it seems like, what could I possibly ask for. I've never done anything like this so it all feels a little strange

Procede V3|UR catless DP|Eisenhaus 2ndary cat-delete|Defi Racer Gauges|Bastuck Quad Exhaust|cone filters|KW V3| Aero lip|Vorsteiner V-35 CF Hood|Vorsteiner CF CSL bootlid|Hamann roofwing|DukeDynamics sideskirts|GP Thunders|DDM 5,000k D1S+fogs|Hardwired v1|Lumar tints
      03-24-2008, 10:00 PM   #29
Kev

Garage List
Quote:
thanks for the good advice kev! i will get on this tomorrow and let you all know what happens...as far as telling Herb what I would like them to do to make it right, I mean, its just the badge thats messed up it seems like, what could I possibly ask for. I've never done anything like this so it all feels a little strange
Failure to disclose repairs done before delivery is pretty common but when confronted, they usually come clean coz they want to avoid the bad publicity and legal consequences. If you don't think it's a big deal, you can ask for some freebies from parts like all-season mats, tire pressure gauage, trunk mat, etc.
      03-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #30
a l l a n
Captain

Drives: E90 2007 328xi

Garage List
2007 E90 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Failure to disclose repairs done before delivery is pretty common but when confronted, they usually come clean coz they want to avoid the bad publicity and legal consequences. If you don't think it's a big deal, you can ask for some freebies from parts like all-season mats, tire pressure gauage, trunk mat, etc.
It's possible the dealer might not even know if the car has suffered any damages if BMW did not disclose it. I believe BMW is not required to disclose any damages to the dealer/buyer unless it reaches a certain % of the car value.

But hopefully the OP is able to find out what happened (if there was any). GL!
: Exterior: Blacklines, debadged, HO ceramic 35% tint, Hoen yellow fogs, matte black grille, OEM style splitters, Halogen-to-Xenon Interior: Alum pedals, CF wrapped trim, V1 and Nuvi hardwire, M-Tech tri-stitched wheel, SMG M5 shift knob Performance: AluFelgen CSL 19" 8.5 ET33/9.5 ET30 with 5mm rear spacers | GY Eagle F1 Asym 235/265, KW V3, BMW Perf exhaust+intake
a l l a n is offline   United_States
      03-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #31
Kev

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by a l l a n View Post
It's possible the dealer might not even know if the car has suffered any damages if BMW did not disclose it. I believe BMW is not required to disclose any damages to the dealer/buyer unless it reaches a certain % of the car value.

But hopefully the OP is able to find out what happened (if there was any). GL!
Check my previous post. I already stated that damage repairs at VPC may not be reported, but you can call BMWNA to find out. However, it's unlikely that someone at VPC would mess up the placement of the badges though.
      03-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #32
BMW///Motorsport
First Lieutenant

Drives: e92 335i

i think a blind person could have rebadged it better, yikes!
      03-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #33
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس

Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [5.00]
if there was ever a reason for the rewards of debadging, this would be it.

Debadge FTW.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
335iheLLraiseR is offline   United_States
      03-24-2008, 11:25 PM   #34
shiggy
Major

Drives: BMW 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW///Motorsport View Post
i think a blind person could have rebadged it better, yikes!
+1....that is so bad....im sure my 8 yr old daughter could of done better!
2009 Jet Black E92 M3, DCT, Nav, Novillo Leather, PDC, EDC, BBS CHR's 20", Yokohama Advan Sports Tires, Eiback Pro-Kit Springs, Dinan Pullies and Dinan Stage1 software, black grills, black side gills, alcantara shift and ebrake boot.
shiggy is offline   Canada
      03-25-2008, 12:27 AM   #35
VoiD
Private First Class

Drives: Z4MC >>> C63

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
You sure you have a 335xi? lol

hopefully the dealer would come clean
      03-25-2008, 10:23 AM   #36
Sal@AUTOcouture

Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
lol the tech that installed it musta been hungover still
      03-25-2008, 10:26 PM   #37
ska///235i
***** noob

Drives: M235i

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
WOW...you got your car at Herb Chamber?

checkout the New England Section...Herb Chamber is one place to stay away from.

Good luck
      04-09-2008, 08:36 PM   #38
hov333
Captain

**UPDATED...**
Bodyshop confirmed that the top half my trunk has been repainted, and the badging has been reused, hence the slant. What do you guys think I should do?

04-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #39
3er858
First Class Privates

Drives: AW LCI, Daytona 675

Does the paint look perfect? If so just have the dealer rebadge it right or better yet debadge... either way you should get something free from the parts/service dept for your trouble! If the paint isn't perfect (orange peel, dull etc.) then they owe you a new trunk or at least a repaint. my .02

LTBMW | VMR V710's| Nitto | H&R | LUX H8's | M-Sport Front | Perf. Rear | Matte Black Grills | M3 Lip | JL CF Splitters | BMS | Muffler Delete
3er858 is offline   United_States
      04-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #40
hov333
Captain

well the paint it ok but u can see where they masked it off if u look closely. it just sucks that they'd hit the car, paint it and not tell me. Who knows what else could have happened to it u know. They're supposed to be a middle man in the transaction, shouldn't even touch me car

04-09-2008, 11:35 PM   #41
Kev

Garage List
Damn..... they should have repainted the entire trunk and get you new emblems at least. I would, in a non-confrontational manner, request to speak to the Sales Manager at HC and ask them for a full disclosure of all the repair works done to the car. Also, call BMWNA up and see if they had anything to do with the paint (highly doubt it), and request a disclosure from them as well. I think if the VPC were to do this, they would respray the entire trunk instead of just the top.