E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Any one from San antonio???



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #199
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
 
ToadHollow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Asti, Italy & Austin, Texas

Posts: 5,060
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.00]
Send a message via MSN to ToadHollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_grand_prix View Post
Ill probably show next time just to get a feel of the scene...

is there a SA here in San antonio that yall go to that is pretty cool if yall decide to mod your car.?
+100!

I'll be relocating to the San Antonio area in June and am hoping to find a mod friendly SA/dealer . .......
__________________



ToadHollow is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #200
oct1285
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Almost out of warranty
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 598
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_grand_prix View Post
Ill probably show next time just to get a feel of the scene...

is there a SA here in San antonio that yall go to that is pretty cool if yall decide to mod your car.?
my last visit to the dealer my SA was a guy named Eric and he told me he didn't care if my car had mods on it or not. He also told he use to have a modded 335 so that was a plus in my book.
oct1285 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #201
skim7x
Use it or Lose it
 
skim7x's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ

Posts: 2,461
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
I have Dinan Flash and they refused to touch my wastegates because of the flash (they're not a dinan dealer)...

basically this dealership is like most other dealerships... if you caused the damage, they will not cover it under warranty (and shouldn't have to). If it's their fault (not due to your mod) then of course they could care less if the mod is on there or not.
__________________
'07 Space Gray 335i coupe w/ Sports Package | Comfort Access

Cobb S1+ | PTF e30 custom tune | AMS | CP-e | BMS OCC | Quaife
[Newark Photoshoot #1]
skim7x is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 07:48 PM   #202
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
 
ToadHollow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Asti, Italy & Austin, Texas

Posts: 5,060
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.00]
Send a message via MSN to ToadHollow
Good to know..... I also have the Dinan Stage II and a host of other performance modifications. These were all installed with the blessing of my current dealers.
__________________



ToadHollow is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #203
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
 
ToadHollow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Asti, Italy & Austin, Texas

Posts: 5,060
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.00]
Send a message via MSN to ToadHollow
I'm looking forward to San Antonio ..... actually New Braunfels. The area I live in now doesn't have much for bimmer enthusiasts.
__________________



ToadHollow is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #204
skim7x
Use it or Lose it
 
skim7x's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ

Posts: 2,461
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Hey... i go to the BMW in Austin and use an SA there also by the name of Eric. He's a great guy and really tries to help u out. However, they were unable to fix my wastegate rattles... they reprogrammed my car, replaced the wastegates, and then replaced the tubing to the turbo's, but I still had the rattling... Eric wanted me to bring it in again so they could figure out what else he could do, but I was home in Houston over Christmas and I just dropped it off at Momentum BMW in Houston where it got new turbo's...

So although the BMW of Austin dealership has great service, they seem a little less capable than a larger dealership such as Momentum BMW in Houston.

But if you need service/maintenance, the BMW of San Antonio will do it no problem (or any other repair not related to engine/drivetrain).
__________________
'07 Space Gray 335i coupe w/ Sports Package | Comfort Access

Cobb S1+ | PTF e30 custom tune | AMS | CP-e | BMS OCC | Quaife
[Newark Photoshoot #1]
skim7x is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #205
skim7x
Use it or Lose it
 
skim7x's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ

Posts: 2,461
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
I'm looking forward to San Antonio ..... actually New Braunfels. The area I live in now doesn't have much for bimmer enthusiasts.
haha oh man... there isn't much bimmer love in SA either... but I'm proud to say we've had our first official meet this past week haha... maybe things will turn around...
__________________
'07 Space Gray 335i coupe w/ Sports Package | Comfort Access

Cobb S1+ | PTF e30 custom tune | AMS | CP-e | BMS OCC | Quaife
[Newark Photoshoot #1]
skim7x is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 08:06 PM   #206
oct1285
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Almost out of warranty
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 598
iTrader: (4)

^^
buy a boost gauge already, I bought all these little parts for the install which I don't need anymore.

I tried to clean up my install today and tapping into the fusebox is crazy easy. I bought that add a circuit thing and its suppose to make my gauge work like it should. But since I'm new to wiring I didn't know I needed two fuses plugged into it to make it work. So i spent another 5 hours fucking around with wires when all I needed was to plug in some more fuses.
oct1285 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #207
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
 
ToadHollow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Asti, Italy & Austin, Texas

Posts: 5,060
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.00]
Send a message via MSN to ToadHollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Hey... i go to the BMW in Austin and use an SA there also by the name of Eric. He's a great guy and really tries to help u out. However, they were unable to fix my wastegate rattles... they reprogrammed my car, replaced the wastegates, and then replaced the tubing to the turbo's, but I still had the rattling... Eric wanted me to bring it in again so they could figure out what else he could do, but I was home in Houston over Christmas and I just dropped it off at Momentum BMW in Houston where it got new turbo's...

So although the BMW of Austin dealership has great service, they seem a little less capable than a larger dealership such as Momentum BMW in Houston.

But if you need service/maintenance, the BMW of San Antonio will do it no problem (or any other repair not related to engine/drivetrain).
I have a brother in Austin so if I need to make the trip I can bug him during my down time ......
Ya'll have got a good group going here ....... looking forward to being a part of it.
By the way, I have a boost gauge (pod) that I never installed and have no intention of doing so. If anyone thinks they might get some use out of it then let me know ....... this is the pod gauge, not the vent gauge. Rixster was selling them just before he introduced the vent gauges.
__________________



ToadHollow is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 09:17 PM   #208
skim7x
Use it or Lose it
 
skim7x's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ

Posts: 2,461
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1285 View Post
^^
buy a boost gauge already, I bought all these little parts for the install which I don't need anymore.

I tried to clean up my install today and tapping into the fusebox is crazy easy. I bought that add a circuit thing and its suppose to make my gauge work like it should. But since I'm new to wiring I didn't know I needed two fuses plugged into it to make it work. So i spent another 5 hours fucking around with wires when all I needed was to plug in some more fuses.
So you got your boost gauge to work now!? sweeeeet... did you just mount it where we had installed it the first time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadHollow View Post
I have a brother in Austin so if I need to make the trip I can bug him during my down time ......
Ya'll have got a good group going here ....... looking forward to being a part of it.
By the way, I have a boost gauge (pod) that I never installed and have no intention of doing so. If anyone thinks they might get some use out of it then let me know ....... this is the pod gauge, not the vent gauge. Rixster was selling them just before he introduced the vent gauges.
How come you don't want it anymore? Is it the STRI X-Line boost gauge?
__________________
'07 Space Gray 335i coupe w/ Sports Package | Comfort Access

Cobb S1+ | PTF e30 custom tune | AMS | CP-e | BMS OCC | Quaife
[Newark Photoshoot #1]
skim7x is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 09:26 PM   #209
oct1285
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Almost out of warranty
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 598
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
So you got your boost gauge to work now!? sweeeeet... did you just mount it where we had installed it the first time?

its not working right now because i don't have the fuses yet
oct1285 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 09:31 PM   #210
skim7x
Use it or Lose it
 
skim7x's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ

Posts: 2,461
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1285 View Post
its not working right now because i don't have the fuses yet
So wait... have you opened up your Catch Can yet? Does it actually help? I'm really on the fence about those... I do plan on keeping my car for >8 years hopefully... so if it would actually benefit in the really long run, I am down to get one... and if I get one, might as well get it now with my new turbo's...
__________________
'07 Space Gray 335i coupe w/ Sports Package | Comfort Access

Cobb S1+ | PTF e30 custom tune | AMS | CP-e | BMS OCC | Quaife
[Newark Photoshoot #1]
skim7x is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #211
oct1285
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Almost out of warranty
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 598
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
So wait... have you opened up your Catch Can yet? Does it actually help? I'm really on the fence about those... I do plan on keeping my car for >8 years hopefully... so if it would actually benefit in the really long run, I am down to get one... and if I get one, might as well get it now with my new turbo's...
patience my friend. I just installed it two weeks ago. Its recommended you empty the can every oil change. You don't need me to open up my catch can to tell you that it works. And it doesn't really protect your turbos, it protects your intake track. Either way its a wise investment
oct1285 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 10:38 PM   #212
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
 
ToadHollow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Asti, Italy & Austin, Texas

Posts: 5,060
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.00]
Send a message via MSN to ToadHollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1285 View Post
patience my friend. I just installed it two weeks ago. Its recommended you empty the can every oil change. You don't need me to open up my catch can to tell you that it works. And it doesn't really protect your turbos, it protects your intake track. Either way its a wise investment

Love mine and have emptied it twice already.
__________________



ToadHollow is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      01-19-2009, 10:41 PM   #213
ToadHollow
Once upon a time ......
 
ToadHollow's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 JB E92 - SOLD 5/2010
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Asti, Italy & Austin, Texas

Posts: 5,060
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [4.00]
Send a message via MSN to ToadHollow
Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
So you got your boost gauge to work now!? sweeeeet... did you just mount it where we had installed it the first time?


How come you don't want it anymore? Is it the STRI X-Line boost gauge?
I've got it put away in a box somewhere .......... not sure if that is it or not. I thought I'd use it and after a while I just figured I didn't need it. I had gotten in on a group buy when they came out so there was alot of hype ......... and I bit.

Here's a thread in the forum of exactly what this looks like ......... the design has definitely come along way since then. If anyone wants/could use it then I'd be willing to give it away ........... just pay the shipping.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...oost+gauge+pod
__________________



ToadHollow is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2009, 12:35 AM   #214
skim7x
Use it or Lose it
 
skim7x's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i e92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Clifton, NJ

Posts: 2,461
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [5.00]
dibs!~ :-)
__________________
'07 Space Gray 335i coupe w/ Sports Package | Comfort Access

Cobb S1+ | PTF e30 custom tune | AMS | CP-e | BMS OCC | Quaife
[Newark Photoshoot #1]
skim7x is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #215
texas_e60
New Member
 
Drives: 04 525
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Hey Guys, I had fun at the meet. I took about 20 pictures but I had them on the wrong setting so everything looks blurry! I'm still learning to shoot in manual mode, I didn't want the flash going off. Maybe I will take better pictures at the next meet.

Heres some pics.





Btw OCT's car is fast as hell, no lie!
texas_e60 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #216
fast1
New Member
 
Drives: M3/Mroadster/745Li
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio

Posts: 20
iTrader: (0)

Thats for sure!

It was nice meeting everyone. I had a blast. The highlight of the night was taking a ride at the end in oct's car. Update FTW!
fast1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #217
oct1285
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Almost out of warranty
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 598
iTrader: (4)

If you guys have a chance stop by strictlyea.com and check out the san antonio forum. Lots of cool people/cars over there, and we usually get together for a drive or a meet from month to month
oct1285 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #218
mr_grand_prix
New Member
 
Drives: NA
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Antonio,TX

Posts: 11
iTrader: (0)

are yall planning on meeting this weekend? Id like to attend the meet.

I am really getting close on making my decision permanent to get a E92 Coupe. Havent decided what color but Im thinking of already gonna have the Vishnu v3 installed with vishnu exhaust.

Thanks...
mr_grand_prix is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2009, 02:16 PM   #219
oct1285
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Almost out of warranty
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California

Posts: 598
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_grand_prix View Post
are yall planning on meeting this weekend? Id like to attend the meet.

I am really getting close on making my decision permanent to get a E92 Coupe. Havent decided what color but Im thinking of already gonna have the Vishnu v3 installed with vishnu exhaust.

Thanks...
we're thinking about doing a meet/drive in the beggining of feb

and get a sedan, becuase no one ever suspects a sedan to be fast
oct1285 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #220
ezcivic type r
Private
 
ezcivic type r's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: SA, Texas

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

sup guys. planning on buying a 335 this weekend. Gotta start coming out to the meets soon. coming from an 08 Mugen civic Si. was supercharged but sold to put back to stock. now just looking for a buyer but cant wait to start modding the 335. oh and I'm on the north east side in Cibolo.
ezcivic type r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST