Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Will I rub with H&R race...?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-25-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
PM818
Enlisted Member
United_States

Drives: E60 535i

Will I rub with H&R race...?

I don't have an e9x, i have an E60 528i. You guys seem to know alot more than people on E60forums, my offset is 275/30/20 in the rear and 245/30/20 in the front. I wanted to drop my car on H&R Race, I was told by some people it will rub and i need to shave my fenders, is this true? i was also told you even rub with h&r sport and you need to shave your fenders as well.thanks
      03-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
ExclusiveAlloysE90
Private First Class
United_States

Drives: Bee M Double U 335i 4dr

Garage List
2007 335i Sedan  [0.00]
Rubbing will occur for these 3 reasons when you are lowered on H&R race springs. 1 - Your rear wheel offset and width. Depending on if you have a 9.5 rear wheel or a 10, and what the offset is, will lead to you rubbing. But that leads to item #2 in combination with item #1. 2 - The tire brand you go with. Some brands have smaller side walls that are more suited for use with lowered vehicles. But if you are using an aggressive fitment, no matter the tire brand, it will rub. 3 - When your car is loaded down with passengers. You have to remember that you are using one of the most aggressive drops by going with the H&R race springs and rubbing is a common side affect of using such a drop.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States

Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM818 View Post
I don't have an e9x, i have an E60 528i. You guys seem to know alot more than people on E60forums, my offset is 275/30/20 in the rear and 245/30/20 in the front. I wanted to drop my car on H&R Race, I was told by some people it will rub and i need to shave my fenders, is this true? i was also told you even rub with h&r sport and you need to shave your fenders as well.thanks
What's the offset on the wheels?? The numbers that you listed are tire sizes.
Appreciate 0