Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Help, Wheels/Tires for Mystic Blue 325xi?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-26-2008, 11:54 PM   #1
blynch1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 325xi

Help, Wheels/Tires for Mystic Blue 325xi?

For the winter I put snow tires on my stock rims, and since my original run flats are destroyed (after only 18K miles...) I figure it is a good time to get a dedicated set of summer wheels/tires.

I really like the AC Schnitzer type IV bi-color wheels, but they are just too pricey. Looking to spend around 2k-2.5 for wheels+tires. I'm thinking staggered 19s but I haven't ruled out 18s. I've mainly been looking at 5spoke wheels, but I am also considering CSL replicas (which replicas are the best quality and price, I've seen a few different venders). Nothing real shinny.

What wheel/tire configuration would you go for in this price range for a 325xi in mystic blue? Or should I just by summer tires for my 17" oem wheels?

edit: tire rack is 15minutes away from me in South Bend, so I can save on shipping there.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:29 AM   #2
1WickedE90
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: In the works again. . .

Garage List
2009 328i  [0.00]
www.tirerack.com

Use their wheel configurator and start from there. It will show all their tested fitments for your 325xi in various rim sizes.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #3
blynch1
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 325xi

Thanks, I've looked at all the configurations on tirerack. From the photoshopped on car pictures, it is hard to tell how they would look in real life. The moda MD2, Avarus AV5, and ASA AR9 all in machined w/black look ok, but none of the wheels I looked at there really amazed me. I'd like to get some thoughts on what wheels would look good for my car from people who have seen them personally, or at least some real pictures.

I also don't really want to mess with spacers or modifying anything to put these wheels on.
Appreciate 0