E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > GTR spec chosen



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #45
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
THATS FUNNY AS ****... NO MARKETING or salesman talked me into anything... My dad bought the car then i bought it off him... so ha



I bet around the Nordeshliefe the GT2 WILL ANNIHILATE THE GT-R.... Hope it does anyhow

Loved cossies for years, drove a load of them and realised they were **** boxes that are overpriced...


but i aint saying the GT-R is a **** box... im just saying in MY opinion DAVID... that i think the Porsche IS a better car..
What is your opinion bases on Carl?? it certainly isnt the facts its just the badge......that make you a snob and a poor one at that ( oooh how snobby steve)


Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
This is where i feel people are getting confused. The GT-R owner i feel is very different to the Audi R8 type owner, the audi for the money is slow... people who buy it aint buying it to blitz everything, i mean ffs a estate m5 and the new m3 are quicker (well the m5 is but the m3 stays with it)

GT-R owners are buying it because its a ''911 beater'' supposedly, but actually lives with it, not beat it.. which is amazing for a caR only just over half the price of the porsche.

Its a boy racer car for the noughties, and i love it, but will wait till there cheaper. Unless i earn more money by then
Carl the GTR beats the 911 turbo in all areas of performance FACT.

the only thing the Porsche has is the name. and the name doesnt make it a better car. It may be more desireable to you but that doesnt make it a better car.

I think most people here would say EVO and or Autocar have drivers that know a good car when they drive one??? and guess what?... EVO know has the GTR as the car of choice for its section, even better than an R8!!!!

Steve sutcliffe who very much knows how to peddle (f1 car etc) and chris harris who is ace call it a mini veyron!!! and its faster than a GT3 on track which is well known to be porsches best car!!!!

Nissan has rewritten the rulebook and i love it itll be the best 57800 ill ever spend.

Carl opinions based on fact have weight in an discussion/argument. Opinions based on biased namebrand shortsightedness are laughable.

The Nissan is the best for car on the planet...just accept it.
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:12 PM   #46
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

To be fair Carl all of your posts have an undercurrent of jealousy. and you congratulate my choice then talk about another car that is better?????

Can i ask why you want the GT2 to be faster than the GTR around a track??

Sounds like youd love to be able to back your argument up with facts! Because with your 911 turbo argument you just cant
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #47
jjbirch
Banned
jjbirch's Avatar
35
Rep
2,927
Posts

 
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: england

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The Nissan is the best for car on the planet...just accept it.
what about that nova carl saw at santa pod if you want speed have a word about buying that dont think there is a waiting list for that lol hahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #48
jjbirch
Banned
jjbirch's Avatar
35
Rep
2,927
Posts

 
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: england

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
steve u coming to the rolling rd meet sort it out there
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:16 PM   #49
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
The Nissan is the best for car on the planet...just accept it.
what about that nova carl saw at santa pod if you want speed have a word about buying that dont think there is a waiting list for that lol hahaha
a a

i wouldnt really wanna go around the nurburgring in that nova, no matter how fast it is
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #50
Steve A
Brigadier General
Steve A's Avatar
United Kingdom
42
Rep
3,464
Posts

 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
steve u coming to the rolling rd meet sort it out there

i suppose i could get the ML on the rollers
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 04:09 AM   #51
Serjames
Colonel
Serjames's Avatar
United Kingdom
37
Rep
2,426
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Surrey - UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
blimey will they take the weight...



SJ
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 04:19 AM   #52
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3 View Post
It is funny.

Subliminal. Same as you quoting about the glossy mags that DMS advertise in as one of the swaying factors for your decison there. All part of marketing and product placement.

Hook, line and sinker. Blank canvas for the marketing boys to use.



**** boxes ? Completely contradicting your own previous opinions about them.

And now you are all starry eyed and dreaming about Porsches.

You are fickle.

D.
Glossy mags your hilarious. I have been out in 335d with different maps, and saw some graphs of different mapped 335d to my own. Made my descion based on these.

Im the one whose got out there and proved my car is faster with the map than it was stock, no other 335d owner has bothered yet.

I think your just old and tainted. Stop being a scrooge.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
To be fair Carl all of your posts have an undercurrent of jealousy. and you congratulate my choice then talk about another car that is better?????

Can i ask why you want the GT2 to be faster than the GTR around a track??

Sounds like youd love to be able to back your argument up with facts! Because with your 911 turbo argument you just cant
Steve, i SAID ITS THE NEST CAR BANG FOR BUCK FFS


i just prefer the porsche, not ok the GT-R is better than say the 911 Turbo, but i dont think it is better than the GT2.


Now like ive said before, you can make an Escort Cosworth ballistic in a straightline and around a track, does not make it a better car than the nissan Gt-R!

You were saying the merc c63 amg was the best thing since sliced bread and are now saying the Nissan is.

what next?


I have read all the mags you have read, regarding this ''supercar basher'' and it simply is quite phoenominal for sure. A cut price super car it is...

It will beat sooo much on the road and track for sure but its still a 60k Nissan GT-R. Just like my BMW is just a BMW Diesel.


Now how many times have you said that to me about my car




Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
To be fair Carl all of your posts have an undercurrent of jealousy. and you congratulate my choice then talk about another car that is better?????

Can i ask why you want the GT2 to be faster than the GTR around a track??

Sounds like youd love to be able to back your argument up with facts! Because with your 911 turbo argument you just cant

Stevie Darling, i am not jealous.

Id like to see the stig, or another racing driver in both cars around the TG test track. I do think the 911 turbo may just pip it?


It was a second faster on a tight twisting circuit of only 1.7 miles. The 911 turbo had a trap speed a HELL of a lot higher, throw in Silverstone or the Ring i think the 911 Turbo would be quicker than the Nissan and the GT2 on any circuit a completely different level.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 04:44 AM   #53
Dave_3
Colonel
Dave_3's Avatar
Scotland
46
Rep
2,811
Posts

 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Im the one whose got out there and proved my car is faster with the map than it was stock, no other 335d owner has bothered yet.
What planet are you on ?

This just in : Capt. Carlos has proven alone that his car is faster with a re-map. Thousands of owners with previously mapped cars can now offer a collective sigh of relief and thank Carl for his research and amazing results.



Carl, you have consistently shown how susceptible and impressionable you are to percieved image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
I think your just old and tainted. Stop being a scrooge.
Scrooge ? Do you know what you are writing ? [rhetorical] And tainted with what exactly ?

Look here : Autocar Video and shut-up with spouting nonsense about the Porsche (in this case a GT3) pipping the GT-R.

I wish you well in your search for a Porsche 996T. I'm sure the girls will love it.

D.

PS your grammar is terrible.
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 04:53 AM   #54
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3 View Post
What planet are you on ?

This just in : Capt. Carlos has proven alone that his car is faster with a re-map. Thousands of owners with previously mapped cars can now offer a collective sigh of relief and thank Carl for his research and amazing results.



Carl, you have consistently shown how susceptible and impressionable you are to percieved image.



Scrooge ? Do you know what you are writing ? [rhetorical] And tainted with what exactly ?

Look here : Autocar Video and shut-up with spouting nonsense about the Porsche (in this case a GT3) pipping the GT-R.

I wish you well in your search for a Porsche 996T. I'm sure the girls will love it.

D.

PS your grammar is terrible.

I am not getting a 996 turbo now, id rather have a current bmw than an old skool porsche now.

P.s Like stated before, I couldnt give a flying f***sie (I really don't know if this is swearing or not? Viv) about my spelling and grammer on a car forum. When im in the office or writing personal letters, i do so with utter proffessionalism. They are 110% I can guarantee you.

Thankyou and Goodnight
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 05:38 AM   #55
Cafe.Racer
Captain
Cafe.Racer's Avatar
United Kingdom
14
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: 320d Touring
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nottingham, UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
i do so with utter proffessionalism.
I don't think Dave commented on your spelling and grammar, so I thought I should.

Sentances should start with capital letters, and it's spelt "professionalism".



P.S. It's still morning
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 07:59 AM   #56
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
Dr.Crap's Avatar
5
Rep
255
Posts

 
Drives: DMS C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Just got back from hong kong, saw a couple of gtr's on the road - WOW

If you think they look imposing in the pics wait til you see then on the road.
One was parked next to a F430 - made it look like an elise.

The exhausts at the back are huge. Everyone was just standing on the road staring at it.

Looks great in white - but i suppose hk climate is different

I suspect I need one of these otherwise the rest of the toys will come out of the pram
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:09 AM   #57
squeezebm
Colonel
29
Rep
2,652
Posts

 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

iTrader: (0)

a lot of willy waving going on here FFS shut up you bunch of queens and just enjoy whatever you've got summer is almost here

Last edited by vivekk; 04-01-2008 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Income-related post removed
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #58
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
a lot of willy waving going on here FFS shut up you bunch of queens and just enjoy whatever you've got summer is almost here
+1

too much of this
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:49 AM   #59
sheps
Colonel
sheps's Avatar
United Kingdom
30
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: C63 AMG
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cambs, UK

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to sheps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe.Racer View Post
I don't think Dave commented on your spelling and grammar, so I thought I should.

Sentances should start with capital letters, and it's spelt "professionalism".



P.S. It's still morning
Being pedantic for a moment, it's spelt "sentence".
Rule 19 of internet arguing - if you're going to criticise for spelling and punctuation, ensure your post is beyond reproach
__________________
Gone but not forgotten:
325i M Sport (E92), Black Sapphire, Coral Red Dakota, 19" 225's, Seat Heating, 6FL and de-badge

Replaced by 6.2 litres of AMG powered C class.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #60
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
dxb335d's Avatar
England
381
Rep
29,288
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Being pedantic for a moment, it's spelt "sentence".
Rule 19 of internet arguing - if you're going to criticise for spelling and punctuation, ensure your post is beyond reproach



I know mate, thats my point. Who really cares on a car forum? i certainly dont care if someones spelling is correct or not.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 12:22 PM   #61
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Z4 Beemer's Avatar
Scotland
34
Rep
2,353
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Z4 Beemer
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
a lot of willy waving going on here FFS shut up you bunch of queens and just enjoy whatever you've got summer is almost here
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
+1

too much of this
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Being pedantic for a moment, it's spelt "sentence".
Rule 19 of internet arguing - if you're going to criticise for spelling and punctuation, ensure your post is beyond reproach
Agreed.

__________________
E89 Z4 sDrive 23i... for the more discerning driver
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #62
Serjames
Colonel
Serjames's Avatar
United Kingdom
37
Rep
2,426
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Surrey - UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
be nice all of you.... Try to remember it's a discussion...

You sound like drunken hoolies starting a bar brawl..



SJ
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 02:49 PM   #63
Gibbo
Colonel
Gibbo's Avatar
43
Rep
2,292
Posts

 
Drives: Golf Ed35
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: South East

iTrader: (0)

Steve, I think the Nissan is a fantastic car and although it's a long wait you will enjoy it when it comes and waiting is part of the fun.

From someone who has been lucky enough to driva a 911 turbo on the road it is blindingly fast imo. performance far beyond what you would/could use in the UK everday and if the Nissan is 0.XX of a second quicker to 60 etc I would not notice.

What I like about any Porsche is.

1. It's a Porsche which I wanted since a kid. I am not a snob (I own a Skoda) but always dreamt of owning one like many others.
2. There is a feel good factor going to a Porsche dealership and test driving a car, looking round the showroom, feeling the leather samples, being shown around the workshop by technicians. I advice anyone on this website to try it and as car enthusiasts you will be impressed no doubt.
3. If you want to impress the ladies I don't think a Porsche is the tool. I think your main audience is young boys, middle age guys and BMW/Audi Drivers imo.
4. I reakon the day I ordered my new Boxster was one of the 10 best days of my life - oh and test driving a 911 turbo is up there as well.
5. Porsche has heritage which I buy into but the marketing men/women are now in there with their fair share of tosh. e.g. oversized alloys, carbon interiors, Bose sound, PASM suspension. But if on an average car you can sell 5 to 10k of this stuff thats how you become the most profitable car company in the world.

Don't get me wrong I rate the Nissan but a manual 911 Turbo would be my choice if I had all the money in the world.

Going to pick up my new GTR and the salesman selling Mrs Miggins their new 1.0 Micra and then selling me my GTR would not give me the same buzz.
__________________
Golf Ed35 Black with - Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #64
DervFan
Captain
DervFan's Avatar
England
10
Rep
730
Posts

 
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East of England, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
+1
That's a v.funny smilie (?) C'mon guys, chill, it's only Monday
__________________
E91 325d /// M Sport Touring | Titanium Silver | Black Dakota Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | 18" 193M Wheels
6-Speed Manual | Cruise Control | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Professional Radio with MP3 | Rear PDC | Sun Protection Glass
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #65
booforty
Major General
booforty's Avatar
United Kingdom
129
Rep
8,813
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I'm feeling a lot of love in this room! Gareth... get me guitar...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 05:50 PM   #66
Cafe.Racer
Captain
Cafe.Racer's Avatar
United Kingdom
14
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: 320d Touring
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Nottingham, UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheps View Post
Being pedantic for a moment, it's spelt "sentence".
Rule 19 of internet arguing - if you're going to criticise for spelling and punctuation, ensure your post is beyond reproach
You missed a full stop .
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST