E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > Was this a good deal?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2006, 12:12 PM   #1
Beto Pereira
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Melbourne FL

iTrader: (0)

Was this a good deal?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None
Item Interest
I'm not exactly sure what my residual value was or the money factor... but can some please tell me if I got a good deal on this lease!
2006 325i, graphitte, sports and xenon - $34545 msrp
$4000 down payment
$445 monthly payments (with 6% tax already included) for 36 months and 10k/year.

Is that what everyone is paying too?

My car is still on the ship and I still need to give them the down payment... can I still negociate the price?

Thanks a lot.

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 12:21 PM   #2
NJjustin
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
351
Posts

 
Drives: AW 330i W/Sport
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (1)

I was offered 450/mo 12k miles , 1600 total out of pocket on a 325i msrp was 36800 with all the options. I'm not an expert like alot of the guys on here but you could have negotiated for a lower price and I would not have put 4k down on a lease ..ever.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
Beto Pereira
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Melbourne FL

iTrader: (0)

do you think it's too late to renegociate? the only think i have done so far, is put down $1000 for down payment.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 12:31 PM   #4
RGRAY
Captain
United_States
14
Rep
872
Posts

 
Drives: 330xi SG/TERRA/STEP/SP/HS/CA
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Why didn't you ask here BEFORE you agreed to a price?

You're not the only one, but alot of people agree on a deal AND THEN ask here.

I just don't understand it?

Your deal sounds high and I wouldn't put $4,000 down.

"$34545 msrp", always deal from dealer invoice; NOT MSRP.
__________________
330xi/Sparkling Graphite/Terra/Walnut Burl/Steptronic/Sports Package/Heated Seats/Comfort Access...(blacklines, tint and a black grill).

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...20TINT%20A.jpg

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 12:38 PM   #5
SirJohn
SGM_E90
SirJohn's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
32
Posts

 
Drives: '06 325i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 661

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
im paying $449 (tax incl.) with $2950 down. - 36 mos. 10k/yr.
- '06 325i, graphite, steptronic, xenon, and 5 yr. tire warr. (she wants me to get this warr. but i think its a waste of money because im changing my wheels/tires in the near future)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Beto Pereira
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Melbourne FL

iTrader: (0)

I only found out about this site after I had negociated. I don't have anything binding me to the car yet... (i don't think). so i should be able to at least get a little bit more of the car, right?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 02:38 PM   #7
DTDREW
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto Pereira
I'm not exactly sure what my residual value was or the money factor... but can some please tell me if I got a good deal on this lease!
2006 325i, graphitte, sports and xenon - $34545 msrp
$4000 down payment
$445 monthly payments (with 6% tax already included) for 36 months and 10k/year.

Is that what everyone is paying too?

My car is still on the ship and I still need to give them the down payment... can I still negociate the price?

Thanks a lot.
i think you are gettin robbed!. im payin 500 for a sticker of 40170 with 1600 outa pocket... an extra 2k down would take off about 50 bucks. so if i put down 4000 my lease would be about 450 with all the extra options that you dont have yet.(premium,navigation,leather,) Try to renegotiate
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #8
Booster
Pave The Rainforest
Booster's Avatar
26
Rep
942
Posts

 
Drives: Dog Hauler
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Booster
With those numbers... he (the salesman) will be braggin to his friends smoking a cuban cigar to a nice prime rib dinner on how you grabbed your ankles for that car.
__________________
05 Legacy GT Wagon
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 03:03 PM   #9
ItalyBMW325
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
256
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Italy

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster
With those numbers... he (the salesman) will be braggin to his friends smoking a cuban cigar to a nice prime rib dinner on how you grabbed your ankles for that car.
Speaking of cubans I think i will light one up
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #10
dencoop
Captain
dencoop's Avatar
33
Rep
617
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche (991) 911 C4S Cab
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Staten Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

My Friend Just leased a 2006 525i via ED with the Premium Pkg., and Step Auto

Total Out Of Pocket Breakdown...(24months 10k yr.)

1. $425 a month (1st Payment Incld. bank Fee and NY 8.625% tax)
2. $450 Security Deposit (This is your money that you will get back)
3. $140 (New Plates and 2yr DMV Registration.)
------------------------------------------------------
= $1,015 Total Out Of Pocket.

This means he put ZERO Down....and he got a 5-Series...

(Res was 77% and MF was 160 +3 for ED)

-Please remember if your dealer does not want to deal...just take your money back and start fresh with a new dealer...I can recommend you my dealer very honest.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 03:25 PM   #11
DTDREW
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by dencoop
My Friend Just leased a 2006 525i via ED with the Premium Pkg., and Step Auto

Total Out Of Pocket Breakdown...(24months 10k yr.)

1. $425 a month (1st Payment Incld. bank Fee and NY 8.625% tax)
2. $450 Security Deposit (This is your money that you will get back)
3. $140 (New Plates and 2yr DMV Registration.)
------------------------------------------------------
= $1,015 Total Out Of Pocket.

This means he put ZERO Down....and he got a 5-Series...

(Res was 77% and MF was 160 +3 for ED)

-Please remember if your dealer does not want to deal...just take your money back and start fresh with a new dealer...I can recommend you my dealer very honest.
thats highly irregular. a 46k car with those options for that amount.. i dont see that happening
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #12
Haiko
Private
Haiko's Avatar
Armenia
1
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: 06 BMW 330i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Haiko
I leased my 330i with Sports and Premium package for 36 months, 2,000 down....$530/month. MSRP of $43K. I think thats pretty good? right?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 03:41 PM   #13
Beto Pereira
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
33
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: West Melbourne FL

iTrader: (0)

man... i did get robbed. too bad i'm in florida :-(
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 03:50 PM   #14
DTDREW
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto Pereira
man... i did get robbed. too bad i'm in florida :-(

why to bad in florida?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #15
NJjustin
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
351
Posts

 
Drives: AW 330i W/Sport
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto Pereira
man... i did get robbed. too bad i'm in florida :-(


hey..look on the bright side...atleast it didnt snow 26" in florida.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 04:07 PM   #16
DTDREW
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


id take the 26" over the new hole he was torn in his coolie
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #17
Schpilky
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: Electric Red e90 (On Order)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto Pereira
I'm not exactly sure what my residual value was or the money factor... but can some please tell me if I got a good deal on this lease!
2006 325i, graphitte, sports and xenon - $34545 msrp
$4000 down payment
$445 monthly payments (with 6% tax already included) for 36 months and 10k/year.
Regardless of the fact the $4k downpayment is a joke, multiply the 36 months times your $445 monthly, and you've just shelled out over $16k with absolutely NOTHING to show for it. You own nothing! Personally, I don't understand why anyone would lease a car. You pay a ton of money and get nothing. At least if you buy a car you can sell it a few years down the road and use the money towards the purchase of another car. That's just my opinion and it will probably not sit well with a lot of people.
__________________
Cancelled Order -
330i Electric Red w/ Black Interior and Sport Package
Options- Everything BUT the Active Cruise Control

Currently Own:
95 M3 (just sold)
88 325is (just sold)
01 X5
06 550i (just purchased)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 04:13 PM   #18
arnolds
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 545i SMG
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Corona, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schpilky
Regardless of the fact the $4k downpayment is a joke, multiply the 36 months times your $445 monthly, and you've just shelled out over $16k with absolutely NOTHING to show for it. You own nothing! Personally, I don't understand why anyone would lease a car. You pay a ton of money and get nothing. At least if you buy a car you can sell it a few years down the road and use the money towards the purchase of another car. That's just my opinion and it will probably not sit well with a lot of people.
Leasing is just another way of financing a car. And with some lease deals being offered by BMWFS from time to time, it makes more sense. Also, if you own a business, it makes sense to lease. Different strokes for diff. folks.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 04:22 PM   #19
Schpilky
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: Electric Red e90 (On Order)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnolds
Leasing is just another way of financing a car. And with some lease deals being offered by BMWFS from time to time, it makes more sense. Also, if you own a business, it makes sense to lease. Different strokes for diff. folks.
Agreed; different strokes for diff folks. BUT, financing a car is also a financial disaster. Think about it; not only are you paying interest on the loan (which equates to a higher purchase price), but you are also paying a depreciation cost every year you own the vehicle. If you purchase the car without financing, you are only being hit by depreciation and aren't paying more for the car. And your argument about "owning a business" doesn't work most of the time. If you drive a ton of miles you'll exceed the limit set by the leasing company and you'll have to pay the difference. From a tax standpoint you'd be better off writing off the miles and any extra cost incurred. That's just my 2 cents.....
__________________
Cancelled Order -
330i Electric Red w/ Black Interior and Sport Package
Options- Everything BUT the Active Cruise Control

Currently Own:
95 M3 (just sold)
88 325is (just sold)
01 X5
06 550i (just purchased)
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #20
DTDREW
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Schpilky
Regardless of the fact the $4k downpayment is a joke, multiply the 36 months times your $445 monthly, and you've just shelled out over $16k with absolutely NOTHING to show for it. You own nothing! Personally, I don't understand why anyone would lease a car. You pay a ton of money and get nothing. At least if you buy a car you can sell it a few years down the road and use the money towards the purchase of another car. That's just my opinion and it will probably not sit well with a lot of people.
its really the same thing if you think about it. for example.. i pay 500 a month for 24mo lease.($12,000 total over 24 month period)sticker is 40170..if i purchased the vehicle for less than msrp... say for $38,000.. plus tax (8.375%) im back up to $41,182 to either buy outrite or finance. If you finance it of corse you will pay alot more than 41k with interest. If i purchase it outrite for 41k then try to sell it 2 years later i will get how much for it? residual says 30,500 for my car at 24 months old. So over 2 years i lost 11-12k leasing or selling it. If it was financed probably losing more than 12k
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #21
DTDREW
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


plus you dont have to deal with the hassle of selling your car which can take some time... after 2 years..tires are going to be bald and who wants a used car with bald tires!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #22
Schpilky
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
37
Posts

 
Drives: Electric Red e90 (On Order)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTDREW
its really the same thing if you think about it. for example.. i pay 500 a month for 24mo lease.($12,000 total over 24 month period)sticker is 40170..if i purchased the vehicle for less than msrp... say for $38,000.. plus tax (8.375%) im back up to $41,182 to either buy outrite or finance. If you finance it of corse you will pay alot more than 41k with interest. If i purchase it outrite for 41k then try to sell it 2 years later i will get how much for it? residual says 30,500 for my car at 24 months old. So over 2 years i lost 11-12k leasing or selling it. If it was financed probably losing more than 12k
Sounds good to me!!
__________________
Cancelled Order -
330i Electric Red w/ Black Interior and Sport Package
Options- Everything BUT the Active Cruise Control

Currently Own:
95 M3 (just sold)
88 325is (just sold)
01 X5
06 550i (just purchased)
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST