E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Random CCC questions...

10-10-2016, 09:14 AM   #1
Sensible_
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

I know, it's 10 years plus out of date and has lots of problems but as a little project I wanted to try and inject some life back into the CCC.

I have done NBT and CIC retrofits but now there are so many used CCC units about, CCC to non idrive retrofit is a cheap and good upgrade for even the oldest e90.

But I want to usethe dedicated expansion slots to upgrade the unit.

Has anyone managed to successfully connect a PMC board or PCMCIA card to the unit?

PMC hard drive cars are seriously expensive but PCMCIA slots are cheap and viable... any experts who have done this?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #2
Sensible_
Major
Rep

In case anyone was wondering the PMC expansion connectors are the 3 identical ports on the top right of this photo.

I assume the smaller one on the bottom right of the group of connectors is some kind of PCMCIA connector for a ribbon? Anyone got any info?

Cheers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #3
anees
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i Sport

Hmm...interesting, but not sure even if you did manage to mount a PMC hard drive, how / what would the application do with it ?

I think these run a reduced O/S ( some form of Linux / QNX based type ). You could possibly install a light based Linux flavour , but how would you then convert / bridge CAN and MOST messages ?

The CCC / CIC and even the NBT are still the master gateway / controller for this.

I thought you would take on this project:

try to convert from CANBUS to CANBUS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
In case anyone was wondering the PMC expansion connectors are the 3 identical ports on the top right of this photo.

I assume the smaller one on the bottom right of the group of connectors is some kind of PCMCIA connector for a ribbon? Anyone got any info?

Cheers.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf E90 CCC Housing & Details.pdf (502.8 KB, 14 views)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
Sensible_
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anees
Hmm...interesting, but not sure even if you did manage to mount a PMC hard drive, how / what would the application do with it ?

I think these run a reduced O/S ( some form of Linux / QNX based type ). You could possibly install a light based Linux flavour , but how would you then convert / bridge CAN and MOST messages ?

The CCC / CIC and even the NBT are still the master gateway / controller for this.

I thought you would take on this project:

try to convert from CANBUS to CANBUS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post

Cheers.
Hi, thanks for reply.

Yes, CCC is vxWorks distro. I've looked at this already. Perhaps reverse engineering it when I get time.

I will try to upload a map update via the PMC card I have and remove the DVD. To be honest this is the only value I see in this project.
Appreciate 0