E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Navigation update question E90 LCI

12-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #1
SilentSoul
Rep

Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Question Navigation update question E90 LCI

Hi guys

So I have business nav (the narrower screen) in my E90 LCI. Think it's called motion.

Was updating today using a usb stick, entered the FSC etc. and when I reached my destination, the update was at 10%. So I cancelled it thinking I'll do it later and pulled the USB out. Didn't know it would pick up from where I left it at that point of time.

Now, when I start updating, it starts at 0%. But it doesn't go up from there. The guy who gave it to me said the car has to be moving for the update to work. Is that the reason why?

Would love any help or suggestion.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
Dracon
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 330i E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSoul View Post
Hi guys

So I have business nav (the narrower screen) in my E90 LCI. Think it's called motion.

Was updating today using a usb stick, entered the FSC etc. and when I reached my destination, the update was at 10%. So I cancelled it thinking I'll do it later and pulled the USB out. Didn't know it would pick up from where I left it at that point of time.

Now, when I start updating, it starts at 0%. But it doesn't go up from there. The guy who gave it to me said the car has to be moving for the update to work. Is that the reason why?

Would love any help or suggestion.

Thanks
Yes, for some reason the Motion nav system only loads data into the navigation while the vehicle is moving. Move and Premium don't do this.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #3
SilentSoul
Rep

Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Thanks for the info mate. Will give it a shot again tomorrow
Appreciate 0