E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Top part of my grill does not come off......

04-09-2008, 12:04 AM   #23
Mattscott
Major General
United_States

Drives: 2007 335i E90

Send a message via AIM to Mattscott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
CF ones for $25?? Where?
eBay
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #24
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Drives: '09 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mJ335 View Post
Hey guys,
I need some serious
I'm trying to install my CF kidney grills.. and the 20 torx screws attached on the top area of the grill does not come off...... I keep spinning the damn thing and the screw remains in place Did anybody have this problem?? Looks like the screws are stuck or something.. help!
I had that problem when removing an aftermarket CF grill, and an aftermarket matte black grill. My OEM "mustache" grill parts always went on/came off without a hitch. Once again, in my experience, OEM parts have been seamless, whereas aftermarket parts have all been a compromise to some degree or another.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 01:13 AM   #25
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Garage List
The problem I found was that the OEM torx screws for the "mustache" parts are too long for the aftermarket mustache parts (or the other way around). You'll be tempted to tighten the screws beyond the available thread length of the grill piece. So, buy a washer to shorten the length of the screws, and/or make sure you don't over tighten the torx screws when fastening the aftermarket parts.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 01:19 AM   #26
cbad335
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Garage List
If you have to break off one of the attachments to the aftermarket "mustache" piece, and the exposed top part is not damaged, a piece of double-sided moulding tape could easily secure the it to the hood without any visible sign.
Appreciate 0