E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Fat Cow

01-21-2008, 12:47 AM   #1
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i Sedan

Fat Cow

Okay so we have some new neighbours at my office complex, my parking space is in the middle of 3 and they are large ones (not like your typical westfields tight ones).

Anyway the girl that parks next to me now is quite large (title explains it) & the doors of her Barina are pockmarked with opening dents on the edge, so she obviously takes SFA care when parking.

So when I went outside to get something from my car I notice a nice new paint chip on the door, right on the crease in the panel, meanwhile the neighbor was driving away.

I'm 99% sure it was her as I washed the car yesterday and would have noticed it for sure. Car has only been parked at the office all day today and it is not possible for the Mrs's car door to come close to mine. I will have a look at her door tomorrow to see if there is a corresponding mark / paint but who knows if I will find conclusive evidence.

So anyway what is the thoughts of members, should I politely bring it to her attention and trust she will do the right thing, or should I get angry & demand payment ?
WOPALX is offline   Australia
      01-21-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Drives: BMW

Send a message via MSN to 1q2w3e4r
Maybe politely say something next time you see her.

I had the same thing happen to me at the local shops, jumped out of the car to run into the bottle shop (where I could see the car from the counter) as I was paying and walking out a rather large set chick gets out of a small hatch much like a barina and just bangs the door open without even bothering to hold it while it proceeds to hit my door.

I came level with her as she was getting out and asked her if she was alright and she looked at me with one of those WTF are you on about expressions where I proceeded to tell her I saw her hit her car door into mine as she got out. She left quite quickly without incident a little embarrassed. I think some people generally just either don't notice, or don't give a shit unfortunately.
      01-21-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
astra
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to astra
It happened to me a little while ago in a private car park... Got a dent in the door now
      01-21-2008, 02:48 AM   #4
Chris.G
Banned

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

People with no respect for other people's property should be by Vic Darchinyan. I caught a lady who hit my door while trying to get shopping in her car(i was sitting in my car at the time). I looked at her and she looked at me then acted normally and tried to leave, until i got out of the car and checked for damage. She said don't worry im sure you can afford repairs, i replied by saying im sure your insurer can afford the repairs then took down her number plate. She was pissed off after i said it. This sort of attitude is the kind in which i absolutely despise, but it’s really not her fault that she was brought up like a primitive animal.
Chris.G is offline   Australia
      01-21-2008, 02:50 AM   #5
GeriFix
Lieutenant

Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Get the evidence ... then go pompeii on her fat ass!

It would be nice to be able to be polite, but in this day and age it will just send the wrong message. I think some operant conditioning is called for here. People like this need to know how fkn angry the victims of their inconsiderate behaviour really are. Don't reinforce her behaviour by being nice; make her day more unpleasant than yours.
GeriFix is offline   Australia
      01-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
e93
open air motoring at its best

Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
She parks next to you and might be doing so for some time.

If you are not 100% sure it was her, then I'd talk to her about your car, explain that you're very careful where you park and that you maintain your car in showroom condition. You just wanted to ask her if should could be careful when opening her door. Ditto for the car parked on the other side of you.

My parking space is also the middle one of three. I didn't need to have the conversation as the cars both sides are well cared for and the owners tend to park well within their own space. I think they figured out that I'm a little anal about my car anyway!!!

If you accuse her of the damage now - or decide to kick her fat ass you could be surprised how many more new dents you get this year!

2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
e93 is offline   Australia
      01-21-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
VGR00
Major

Drives: 125I Edition Sport Carbon Blk

That sucks ...... I hate it when people don't show respect for other peoples property. It should be common curteousy to ensure you get out of a car without hitting the next but I see this happen all the time at my work place as the car spaces are tight here. I'm lucky enough to have a mini 15 sqr meter wearhouse that we just store empty boxes and I park my car there.
VGR00 is offline   Australia
      01-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by e93 View Post
She parks next to you and might be doing so for some time.

If you are not 100% sure it was her, then I'd talk to her about your car, explain that you're very careful where you park and that you maintain your car in showroom condition. You just wanted to ask her if should could be careful when opening her door. Ditto for the car parked on the other side of you.

My parking space is also the middle one of three. I didn't need to have the conversation as the cars both sides are well cared for and the owners tend to park well within their own space. I think they figured out that I'm a little anal about my car anyway!!!

If you accuse her of the damage now - or decide to kick her fat ass you could be surprised how many more new dents you get this year!
I sort of came to this conclusion myself, also I will ask her if she wants to trade places as I can then park hard against the wall giving her sufficient space to put on another 10000000kg's.

Now I need to get the damage fixed, it's not dented (luckily as it's on the crease of the panel) but the chip is through the clear & paint coats but stops at the undercoat. Any ideas as I have some touchup paint (actually it's the leftover paint from when Alto's fixed the drivers door) so should match 100%.
      01-21-2008, 10:56 PM   #9
VGR00
Major

Drives: 125I Edition Sport Carbon Blk

Use a pointy toothpick to apply the paint thinly. If the paint you have was left over after they sprayed the car from the spray gun then it will be mixed with thinners and should be easy to appyl. If it's just mixed then it might be a bit thick to handle and it might need some thinners.
VGR00 is offline   Australia
      01-22-2008, 03:20 AM   #10
e93
open air motoring at its best

Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
This might help

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...31.html?page=3

2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
e93 is offline   Australia
      04-12-2008, 01:40 AM   #11
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel

Caught in the act

Was leaving the office last night with one of my staff and when I got to my car there was the fat cow's door hard up against the door of my car. She had gone back into her office to get more stuff to put into her car.

Anyway when she came outside she saw me and the look on her face was 'oh s**t, he's seen my door and has asked me to be careful before'.

I politely reminded her that she was damaging my car and I was not happy and her response was 'send me the bill I'll give it to my insurance company'.

Anyway I guess it's off to the repairer to get some quotes. At least she may be more careful in the future.
      04-12-2008, 02:58 AM   #12
Chris.G
Banned

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Im glad you caught her, now she has to be carefull because she knows you will keep sending her bills for touch-ups.
Chris.G is offline   Australia
      04-12-2008, 07:29 PM   #13
AndDee
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i Coupe

You could bring it up in a roundabout way without blamin gher directly. Just say your very upset at the new dint in your door, and have no idea where it came from etc etc.

Few years back in my 2nd car, a Toyota Celica which was my pride and joy at the time, geez how times have changed..... Was up in Gisborne which is a country town/suburb basically about 60kms North of Melbourne

Parked in a service station to get a drink I think, get the drink and come back and sat in the car to drink it. While sitting in the car some old Toyota pulls up beside me opens her door bangs my car hard, then walks into the service station. I get out and look at the damage and it was a nice big dint!

I wait for her to get back and I ask her why she banged her car door into mine, she denies it was even her. We end up in an argument, she was pretty rough and her car was very old and she wasn't dressed that well, make your own conclusions from that.... She refuses to accept responsibility for doing it, even though her door, when opened, matches up perfectly with the dint and added to that her paint is on my car!

She ends up threatening to call her "mates in security" to come down and help her sort the problem. I let her do this, more for the entertainment than anything else.

Few minutes later this fat security guard comes down and starts abusing me for swearing and accusing this lady of damaging my door etc etc. He threatens to call the Police on me for threating the lady and him etc etc. I told him to go back to the local nightclub or supermarket and do his job. He was really trying to be a cop, which I did remind him that he was NOT. At this stage he tried to grab me and hold me...... At this stage the cops turned up as someone else must have called them..

They talk to all of us separately and send the security guard on his way, which I waved goodbye to of course! End of the day they took down both our details and had a long chat to the scruffy looking woman. Found out she had quite a record with the Police for various issues.

Of course never got a cent out of her which was to be expected. But that was a fun afternoon many years ago.

Now just waiting for the first dint on the 335.....
AndDee is offline   Australia
      04-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #14
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDee View Post
You could bring it up in a roundabout way without blamin gher directly. Just say your very upset at the new dint in your door, and have no idea where it came from etc etc.
This time she was caught red handed so no issues about responsibility.

I'll just get 2 quotes and send them to her, if she gives me any agro then I'll go through my insurance and let them chase her.
      04-12-2008, 10:04 PM   #15
OZ!MSport
-----------------~

Drives: AW e92 335 6MT

Another tool useful in capturing evidence is the ol' mobile phone camera - whip it out and take a few snaps of the ars@le damaging your car (along with their number plate) and send it to your insurer with your claim.

These type of people shit me EXTREMELY! Seems to me to be another case of the HAVES versus the HAVE NOTS.

Good luck with the claim.
      04-13-2008, 12:24 AM   #16
AndDee
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
This time she was caught red handed so no issues about responsibility.

I'll just get 2 quotes and send them to her, if she gives me any agro then I'll go through my insurance and let them chase her.
Ah sorry I didn't read all the posts before I put my reply up. As a result I missed the part about her being caught!

Glad that the fat bitch has admitted fault basically, as least you can get it fixed
AndDee is offline   Australia