E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > s2k...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-13-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
305coupe335i
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i coupe sports pckg.
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mia,FL

Posts: 186
iTrader: (0)

s2k...

so riding back home(highway) i run into an s2k. at first he wouldn't go. after i got him to finally budge, i gave him a +1 CL head start and pulled pretty hard on him. It was brutal. i love my 335 on the highway.

i'm starting to have problems running with people here.as a matter of fact its starting to irritate me. Z's and g37 don't even bother to play around. i bought this car to have fun but no wants to play
305coupe335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 02:22 AM   #2
pikkashoe
Major
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,239
iTrader: (1)

Why would you even bother with an s2k. I love the car, I had one, but its not match for our cars. On the other hand, I raced a 911 GT3 tonight, damm thats a bad ass car, and he took me by 2 to 3 car lengths.
__________________
2007 E92 AW/Coral Red/Alumin, 6 speed manual, ZSP, PROCEDE V3.1, Factory Short-Throw Knob, Bms Filter. 12/7/07 - 12.84 @ 109.36
pikkashoe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
305coupe335i
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i coupe sports pckg.
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mia,FL

Posts: 186
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkashoe View Post
Why would you even bother with an s2k. I love the car, I had one, but its not match for our cars. On the other hand, I raced a 911 GT3 tonight, damm thats a bad ass car, and he took me by 2 to 3 car lengths.
thats what i'm looking for. id have a hell of fun going in as an underdog. I like to see how well i run with the big dawgs.
305coupe335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 02:55 AM   #4
letterkills155
Second Lieutenant
 
letterkills155's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 e92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: st.louis

Posts: 228
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
08 335i  [0.00]
i use to have a s2k do you guys know how i could make my car feel like a s2k suspension wise

for some reason i feel like my jb2 335i feels slower than my 05 s2k did but when i raced my friends vr4 with higher boost i killed him from 40 to 130 i had 1 1/2 bus lengths no joke
letterkills155 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 03:49 AM   #5
305coupe335i
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i coupe sports pckg.
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mia,FL

Posts: 186
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterkills155 View Post
i use to have a s2k do you guys know how i could make my car feel like a s2k suspension wise

for some reason i feel like my jb2 335i feels slower than my 05 s2k did but when i raced my friends vr4 with higher boost i killed him from 40 to 130 i had 1 1/2 bus lengths no joke
its deceiving. I feel quite normal till i look in my rear view and seen my opponent way the fuk back
305coupe335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
roozie2001
Just some guy
 
roozie2001's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 1,529
iTrader: (4)

yah whats funny is i raced a s2k too. i was suprised how easily i destroyed him. i was gonna test things against a Trans Am but Houston traffic didnt allow it. The car feels so smooth and almost slow but its soooo damn fast. im enjoyin it.
roozie2001 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #7
BoostedBMW
Moderator
 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
An S2000 is by no means a monster in a straight line in stock form so I could see why he wouldn't want to run you. Add a turbo into the mix and he'll leave you with your ass in your hand.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
BoostedBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #8
jbimmer3
Captain
 
jbimmer3's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Layton, UT

Posts: 876
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
An S2000 is by no means a monster in a straight line in stock form so I could see why he wouldn't want to run you. Add a turbo into the mix and he'll leave you with your ass in your hand.

I agree, my s2k that was turbo'd was very quick. You left him in the dust..WOW..that car has @ 2.0 4 Cyl 240 horse no torque vs your 6 cyl twin turbo 3.0 300 hp. I would not brag about that.
__________________

Car pics HERE
jbimmer3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 12:40 PM   #9
305coupe335i
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335i coupe sports pckg.
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mia,FL

Posts: 186
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhondas2 View Post
I agree, my s2k that was turbo'd was very quick. You left him in the dust..WOW..that car has @ 2.0 4 Cyl 240 horse no torque vs your 6 cyl twin turbo 3.0 300 hp. I would not brag about that.
no need to brag. i wish he was turbo'd, its hard to find someone to run down here.
305coupe335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #10
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,626
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305coupe335i View Post
so riding back home(highway) i run into an s2k. at first he wouldn't go. after i got him to finally budge, i gave him a +1 CL head start and pulled pretty hard on him. It was brutal. i love my 335 on the highway.

i'm starting to have problems running with people here.as a matter of fact its starting to irritate me. Z's and g37 don't even bother to play around. i bought this car to have fun but no wants to play
That's weird. I bought the car so I could have fun with it and because I really like the car; not to race anyone on the street.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
DTSociety
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 547
iTrader: (4)

try racing a m5, m6, or even a e63 AMG. you'll be amazed by how easily it sling shots pass your car and keeps going 10 CL's+!!
DTSociety is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #12
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
 
ChaneRZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,504
iTrader: (0)

pwnage
__________________

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
ChaneRZ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 03:53 PM   #13
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
 
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL

Posts: 5,830
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Maybe not everyone has something to prove on the street.

Take your car to the drag strip, plenty of people that will run you.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - SOLD
Crazy Bimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
Sixspeed J
Private First Class
 
Sixspeed J's Avatar
 
Drives: BSM 1M
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio

Posts: 151
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhondas2 View Post
I agree, my s2k that was turbo'd was very quick. You left him in the dust..WOW..that car has @ 2.0 4 Cyl 240 horse no torque vs your 6 cyl twin turbo 3.0 300 hp. I would not brag about that.
Don't get me wrong I love Hondas. Even owned a s2000. But the S2000 is allmost 500 pound lighter.
__________________
BMW 1M Coupe Black Sapphire Metallic
Sixspeed J is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #15
Max@Logic
 
Max@Logic's Avatar
 
Drives: E55 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Irvine

Posts: 426
iTrader: (3)

We are currently installing a tuning a 2005 S2000 with a carb legal greddy turbo kit and AEM EMS. It should be around 300whp and street legal. I will ask the owner of the car if he wants to make a video against a moded 335 for fun.

Best Regards,
Max-
__________________
Stock Mercedes Benz E55 AMG. 11.96@118.3mph
Max@Logic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 05:19 PM   #16
AJayE92
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY L.I Born n Raised, Now In Boca Raton, FL

Posts: 1,582
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
300whp... wouldnt a modded 335 destroy that as well?
__________________

[JBE92335i]www.youtube.com/italiombiano
[Black Dakota Leather] [ZSP] [ZPP] [AA Xede] [iconz 830Z] [9500i]
[CF Kidney Grilles] [CF Vorsteiner PD Hood] [M-tech Sides] [Custom AngelEyes]
[Aero Lip] [Painted Reflectors/lowergrilles] [AC/S Roof Spoiler]
AJayE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #17
HeavyCrown
KING
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@Logic View Post
We are currently installing a tuning a 2005 S2000 with a carb legal greddy turbo kit and AEM EMS. It should be around 300whp and street legal. I will ask the owner of the car if he wants to make a video against a moded 335 for fun.

Best Regards,
Max-
I would be down to run it...
HeavyCrown is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #18
BoostedBMW
Moderator
 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@Logic View Post
We are currently installing a tuning a 2005 S2000 with a carb legal greddy turbo kit and AEM EMS. It should be around 300whp and street legal. I will ask the owner of the car if he wants to make a video against a moded 335 for fun.

Best Regards,
Max-
I'm not a huge fan of the Greddy kit, but at least he went with an EMS. 300whp is probably 10psi with that small turbo, which isn't too impressive for that car, but I guess being carb legal is important out in Cali. My old setup was making 350whp 7psi, but I guess it was a lot more efficient than the Greddy kit since I was running a larger turbo, external wastegate/dump, and a 3" downpipe/exhaust. Ahhhh... memories.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
BoostedBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #19
BoostedBMW
Moderator
 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJayE92 View Post
300whp... wouldnt a modded 335 destroy that as well?
The Greddy turbo kit is way at the bottom when it comes to making power with a turbo setup on an s2000. Most cars will easily make 330-350whp with low boost and stock compression. Add a headgasket into the mix and you can hit 400whp+ without breaking a sweat. My old setup was only at 350whp and I am pretty confident that it would stomp a 335. Being that the car weighed 2800lbs, had 4.10 gears stock, and zero traction issues it was a pretty quick car.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
BoostedBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #20
Max@Logic
 
Max@Logic's Avatar
 
Drives: E55 AMG
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Irvine

Posts: 426
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
The Greddy turbo kit is way at the bottom when it comes to making power with a turbo setup on an s2000. Most cars will easily make 330-350whp with low boost and stock compression. Add a headgasket into the mix and you can hit 400whp+ without breaking a sweat. My old setup was only at 350whp and I am pretty confident that it would stomp a 335. Being that the car weighed 2800lbs, had 4.10 gears stock, and zero traction issues it was a pretty quick car.
Exactly . The greddy carb legal kit is what my customer wants. If it were me I would slap on a gt35R turbo, add a thicker head gasket and go for it!

Best Regards,
Max-
__________________
Stock Mercedes Benz E55 AMG. 11.96@118.3mph
Max@Logic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #21
Digital.James
Colonel
 
Digital.James's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NC

Posts: 2,609
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
The Greddy turbo kit is way at the bottom when it comes to making power with a turbo setup on an s2000. Most cars will easily make 330-350whp with low boost and stock compression. Add a headgasket into the mix and you can hit 400whp+ without breaking a sweat. My old setup was only at 350whp and I am pretty confident that it would stomp a 335. Being that the car weighed 2800lbs, had 4.10 gears stock, and zero traction issues it was a pretty quick car.
Until it throws it's gears out the rear cover... (Happened to me).
Digital.James is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #22
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
 
Crazy Bimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Chicago IL

Posts: 5,830
iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Crazy Bimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@Logic View Post
Exactly . The greddy carb legal kit is what my customer wants. If it were me I would slap on a gt35R turbo, add a thicker head gasket and go for it!

Best Regards,
Max-


Is the Greddy setup the most reliable?

Just picked up an S2k.... hmm.
__________________
2009 E90 M3 - SOLD
Crazy Bimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST