E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 07 E90 335i weird misfires.

09-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
whossyed2016
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sport

Unhappy 07 E90 335i weird misfires.

Hey all, in going to try to keep it short and simple, so here's my problem as it goes.
Have a 2007 335i, and the issue started off roughly one week back as a cylinder 3 misfire, with random misfires happening when at VERY low fuel levels (like on the line for 0, I don't normally run the car like this but I unknowingly drove through a wildlife preserve that had no gas stations for like 16 miles.)
Cylinder three misfire led me to swapping around the coil packs, but that didn't do anything, about 5 days ago. So I then changed the spark plugs (3 days ago), car ran smooth for 30 seconds, and then issue returned. I have an injector coming in for cyl3 but need to find someone to code them (I have a shop in mind though)
However, since last night, misfire seems to have gotten a lot worse, and I am returning the following codes:
29CF cylinder 3 misfire
29D2 cylinder 6 misfire
29CC combustion misfire several cylinders
2C7C oxygen sensor behind catalytic converter 2, signal
29CE cylinder 2 misfire
29D0 cylinder 4 misfire
29D9 misfire at low tank fill level
2A17 dmtl system fault

Upon a few searches, best I could come up with was maybe the injector for cylinder 3 is bad, and I have a shit ton of carbon deposits.

Has anyone experienced something like this? 141k on the clock.
Appreciate 0