E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > [Mach III / Vorsteiner / DTM Kreuz / Dynamic Automotive] E92 Project Car Build



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2008, 12:46 PM   #265
ironic
Major General
ironic's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
8,342
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco, Ca

iTrader: (22)

..........5/26/08
..........1 Picture, more SOON!
..........Tire sizes: 255/30/19 and 315/25/19 Toyo T1R thanks to Mach III for the tire help
..........Also thanks to XPO186 for bringing this to my attention: The "Green" Project has traveled overseas:

..........
................Special thanks to Sponsors:
.....................Mach III
.....................Vorsteiner
.....................DTM Kreuz
.....................Dynamic Automotive
.....................Xenondepot
.....................Logic Motorsports


................Special thanks to Longtran, without whose help, this would not be possible
................Special thanks to Soph1aa for being generous enough to lend me her front wheels for so long
................Special thanks to Shragon for the thread title update
................Special thanks to Ray for lending me some brand new e90 wheels for a little bit of time
................Special thanks to the E90Post community for their continued support
................Special thanks to E46 Fanatics where I first contracted the mod bug

..........
__________________


Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT

Last edited by ironic; 07-12-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #266
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
haha i'll put up a teaser shot, give me a sec
i've been busy the last few days doing some work for the car
and now you are no longer an asshole

By the way, you can PM me if you want, but I'm curious as to how much all of the body work set you back? You'll be the third widebody that I know of and one of them is selling their car of a ridiculous amount of money.

Love the lime green. Very creative and against the norm.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #267
Excellence
G-STAR
Excellence's Avatar
65
Rep
1,899
Posts

 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
MOREE!!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #268
ironic
Major General
ironic's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
8,342
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco, Ca

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
MOREE!!
haha later, it doesn't have all the finishing touches yet, she told me she feels too shy to post nudie pics
__________________


Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 12:52 PM   #269
Azrielsc
Lieutenant
Azrielsc's Avatar
Singapore
6
Rep
443
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to Azrielsc
Oh my goodness!! I think I'm gonna faint! TRUE BALLER!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 12:53 PM   #270
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
McLuVan's Avatar
Vietnam
144
Rep
13,120
Posts

 
Drives: ///M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Socal~818~

iTrader: (1)

wow
car of the month please
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #271
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
e92leon's Avatar
Taiwan
54
Rep
2,599
Posts

 
Drives: 빠른차
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ?????

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [5.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e92leon Send a message via MSN to e92leon
oh god I want more pictures!!@#
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #272
Excellence
G-STAR
Excellence's Avatar
65
Rep
1,899
Posts

 
Drives: E90 to A5
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
and now you are no longer an asshole

By the way, you can PM me if you want, but I'm curious as to how much all of the body work set you back? You'll be the third widebody that I know of and one of them is selling their car of a ridiculous amount of money.

Love the lime green. Very creative and against the norm.
Around 15g'z at least.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #273
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
e92leon's Avatar
Taiwan
54
Rep
2,599
Posts

 
Drives: 빠른차
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ?????

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [5.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e92leon Send a message via MSN to e92leon
Seriously, this project inspires me to blow loads of $$$ for a unique 1 of a kind project
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #274
ironic
Major General
ironic's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
8,342
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco, Ca

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
and now you are no longer an asshole

By the way, you can PM me if you want, but I'm curious as to how much all of the body work set you back? You'll be the third widebody that I know of and one of them is selling their car of a ridiculous amount of money.

Love the lime green. Very creative and against the norm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
Around 15g'z at least.
Nope, not nearly that much for the body work. The car is sponsored but I've been talking to Dynamic Automotive and it seems their retail work is still more reasonable than that. If you're in the greater Bay Area and need body work done, trivial or monumental, please contact Dynamic Automotive 1(415)695-0982 and at the very least ask for a quote from Mike - tell him Alex sent you. They've worked on a number of E9X's in the area already with great results (perfect color matching every time). They're the only shop I'd trust to take my car.
__________________


Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:13 PM   #275
RRGOO7
Colonel
RRGOO7's Avatar
115
Rep
2,446
Posts

 
Drives: GTR
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Miami FL

iTrader: (13)

I think it looks fantastic...maybe a more agressive offset in the rear
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:15 PM   #276
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
Nope, not nearly that much for the body work. The car is sponsored but I've been talking to Dynamic Automotive and it seems their retail work is still more reasonable than that. If you're in the greater Bay Area and need body work done, trivial or monumental, please contact Dynamic Automotive 1(415)695-0982 and at the very least ask for a quote from Mike - tell him Alex sent you. They've worked on a number of E9X's in the area already with great results (perfect color matching every time). They're the only shop I'd trust to take my car.
I was about to say 15g's is freakin outrageous . I'm really looking forward to seeing more pictures.

How much weight would you guestimate that you added to the car? I wouldn't think it would be a lot would it?
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #277
ironic
Major General
ironic's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
8,342
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco, Ca

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
I think it looks fantastic...maybe a more agressive offset in the rear
I was going to at first but with the 315s it's already pretty close. I'll post some more pics later, the Rims actually sit flush right now it's just a little deceiving with the camber and angle of the shot.
__________________


Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #278
ironic
Major General
ironic's Avatar
United_States
129
Rep
8,342
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Francisco, Ca

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I was about to say 15g's is freakin outrageous . I'm really looking forward to seeing more pictures.

How much weight would you guestimate that you added to the car? I wouldn't think it would be a lot would it?
No I wouldn't say very much at all honestly. The way he did the work was something I've never seen before. He cut slits in the fenders and heated the metal to pull it upwards. He then filled in the gaps with a few metal triangles and just smoothed with bondo here and there. I would estimate the work to be lighter than 5lbs extra weight. No cutting entire fenders since it was a moderate widebody - really excellent work too; I was very impressed with his skill. I would post pics of the in progress conversion but I don't know if he'd want his technique it to get out.

Strong work too I experienced a little rubbing going up my driveway yesterday and the fenders are still structurally sound. By rubbing I mean getting one of my rear wheels stuck too deep in the fender because of my driveway's weird angle.
__________________


Widebody 335i Project Car BUILD | PHOTOSHOOT
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #279
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Looks great Ironic. Very bold with the green theme.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 02:43 PM   #280
XPO186
Colonel
XPO186's Avatar
Philippines
48
Rep
2,738
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Albany, NY

iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironic View Post
..........5/26/08
..........1 Picture, more SOON!
..........Tire sizes: 255/30/19 and 315/25/19 Toyo T1R thanks to Mach III for the tire help
..........Also thanks to XPO186 for bringing this to my attention: The "Green" Project has traveled overseas:

..........


................Special thanks to Sponsors:
.....................Mach III
.....................Vorsteiner
.....................DTM Kreuz
.....................Dynamic Automotive
.....................Xenondepot
.....................Logic Motorsports


................Special thanks to Longtran, without whose help, this would not be possible
................Special thanks to Soph1aa for being generous enough to lend me her front wheels for so long
................Special thanks to Shragon for the thread title update
................Special thanks to Ray for lending me some brand new e90 wheels for a little bit of time
................Special thanks to the E90Post community for their continued support
................Special thanks to E46 Fanatics where I first contracted the mod bug

..........
Yup... awesome how your *little* project has grown in scope and popularity, no?

I'm sure similarly themed projects will soon pop up after the official unveiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
wow
car of the month please
+1

Somebody nominate Alex! (if it hasn't already been done)
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #281
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Robertbog's Avatar
19
Rep
526
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (1)

Thanks for PMing me dude lol if your like me youre probably thinking OMFG what do I do next!!! If ya need help with that let me know hahaha. Anyways, looking good, dont tease me anymore faa!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #282
adrian8806
Enter Custom User Title Here
United_States
1
Rep
46
Posts

 
Drives: Bad Luck 9-3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

if you get the 3d design m3 front lip, you car will officially be my dream car.
awesome work
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #283
GTAutoConcepts
Colonel
GTAutoConcepts's Avatar
Thailand
38
Rep
2,350
Posts

 
Drives: WIDE BMW e90,BMW x6 50i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (2)

alex, the car looks fantastic! i cant wait to see it on wednesday night
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #284
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPO186 View Post
Yup... awesome how your *little* project has grown in scope and popularity, no?

I'm sure similarly themed projects will soon pop up after the official unveiling.



+1

Somebody nominate Alex! (if it hasn't already been done)
I doubt anyone needs to nominate him. Its automatic.

Plus he'll be the first ever two time car of the month member.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #285
Spool
******
Spool's Avatar
Vietnam
179
Rep
6,164
Posts

 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (24)

I think your widebody looks cleanest out of the ones i've seen...even more clean than Technik's car...it's flared out just the right amount to look aggressive yet retain its clean looks. really really clean, if i had money i'd do the same...i like the M3 front fenders too...

now just waiting for johnnymu to finish his...too many drug dealers on the board, i need to make more money
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #286
Robertbog
Lieutenant
Robertbog's Avatar
19
Rep
526
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
now just waiting for johnnymu to finish his...too many drug dealers on the board, i need to make more money
another instant classic by spool haha
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST