E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Newbie says Hi

04-22-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
1MOz
Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 1M AW

Newbie says Hi

Hi Folks,
First post here. Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from vendors in the US (bimmerpost forum) and if anyone can recommend a trustworthy seller over there. What's the normal shipping charge to be expected and how long does it take for the goods to arrive?

Looking for some tyres: Goodyear F1 asymmetrics (which is not available in Aust).

Thanks in advance
1MOz is offline   Australia
      04-23-2008, 02:59 AM   #2
e93
open air motoring at its best

Drives: BMW E93 335i Convertible

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Welcome aboard. Many of us here have purchased from the US. Personally I've used jlevisw.com and found them to be very good. I imported wheels which would be a little lighter than tyres and transport cost was around $250 door to door. Took four days to Aust and another couple of days to clear customs. One of the guys in Brisbane bought a wheel and tyre package so he might chime in here on cost.

2007 335i Convertible || Black Sapphire | Cream Beige | Burr Walnut | 6 AT Paddles | Comfort Access | Aluminium Pedals | Aero Front Spoiler | Remus Quads | KW V3 Coilovers | Velocity V-715 wheels | M3 Rear Lip Spoiler || On Order || || Wishlist || ||
e93 is offline   Australia
      04-23-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
astra
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to astra
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzRS4 View Post
Hi Folks,
First post here. Just wondering if anyone has bought anything from vendors in the US (bimmerpost forum) and if anyone can recommend a trustworthy seller over there. What's the normal shipping charge to be expected and how long does it take for the goods to arrive?

Looking for some tyres: Goodyear F1 asymmetrics (which is not available in Aust).

Thanks in advance
Yayyy, another noob lol, welcome

I have dealt with JleviSW, and Khoalty is great too (got my recent batch of stuff from him...) But a while ago **********s had some credit card security problems, so I have not been game to try with them... BavAuto isn't bad either....

BUT STAY AWAY FROM AUTOTALENT (if you want the story, pm me)
      04-26-2008, 05:29 AM   #4
deep green
Private

Drives: E93 335i Vert

Garage List
Here's a link to a US parts supplier that may be of interest to others (if not already known).

Story:
I bought an oil filter for my 'E93 to do an intermediate oil/filter change from the $tealer who graciously charged me $48 for the part.
I sourced an alternate supplier from the states (see attached link) - check the price variation ie: $11.90 US for the exact identicle part!
I proceded to buy 10 for the future and happy to pay a single $28.00 US shipping fee to get them out here.

Check the site - there appears to be lots of other bimmer service bits that should be worthwhile looking into.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...ID=11427566327

deep green is offline   Australia
      04-26-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
astra
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to astra
Turner are pretty good