E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > *** Calling All Members With Problems With The 320i ***



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2008, 08:42 AM   #89
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

Mine is due at the dealers on Friday.....I shall be asking if they have installed v.29 then....
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #90
ShereKhan
Captain
 
ShereKhan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi SE
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bristol, UK

Posts: 995
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 320si  [0.00]
I've been told that the Si s/w update v29 is out mid March by BMW UK after I press ganged BMW AG and everyone else in my supply chain.

Here's the E93 recall

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/rec...freeText=Blank
__________________
New Company car 2011 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown 6FL USB, Front Sports seats, Sports steering wheel, Xenons - Arrived 3rd Dec 2010!
Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010 - E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification
Long gone - 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
ShereKhan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #91
CrimsonRedE93
Major
 
CrimsonRedE93's Avatar
 
Drives: Le Mans Blue E93 330d+
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 1,085
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thanks for filling in my absense SK

My dealer sent me a letter regarding the airbag problem, there are two wires crossed on the airbag on each door

The fix is to rewire the controller as i guess it is easier to get to than taking both doors apart
CrimsonRedE93 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2008, 05:59 AM   #92
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
 
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North West, UK

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Hi All,

Sorry to not get back but I have had a nightmare over the weekend.

Picked the car up on Friday, and it seems to be running fine, took it out for a few blasts and all is well up to the point I got a puncture!!

19" run flats are rarer than rocking horse poop! Apparently no one has them in stock, so currently waiting for a call back whilst people check national suppliers - this is just a laugh. If you have 19 upgrades, beware of this, the rear tyres are short of stock.

Ref the main issue - I have had a confirmation from BMW UK that they have reprogrammed my car and their technical manager has actually driven it, and basically passed it off as good. They were aware of this hesitancy problem but in his experience this is now fixed, and they have put there name against it. Initial thoughts are good, but need to drive a bit more when I get a new tyre!!

2 last things - This is the ED engine with start stop etc / and HJ's have a branch in Southport. If it is fixed these are the guys to speak to as they have the history from my car, give me a few weeks to test though.
__________________
Regs
Trigger

BMW E93 320i M Sport - Black Sapphire / Coral Red
Trigger2007 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2008, 06:04 AM   #93
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
Hi All,

Sorry to not get back but I have had a nightmare over the weekend.

Picked the car up on Friday, and it seems to be running fine, took it out for a few blasts and all is well up to the point I got a puncture!!

19" run flats are rarer than rocking horse poop! Apparently no one has them in stock, so currently waiting for a call back whilst people check national suppliers - this is just a laugh. If you have 19 upgrades, beware of this, the rear tyres are short of stock.

Ref the main issue - I have had a confirmation from BMW UK that they have reprogrammed my car and their technical manager has actually driven it, and basically passed it off as good. They were aware of this hesitancy problem but in his experience this is now fixed, and they have put there name against it. Initial thoughts are good, but need to drive a bit more when I get a new tyre!!

2 last things - This is the ED engine with start stop etc / and HJ's have a branch in Southport. If it is fixed these are the guys to speak to as they have the history from my car, give me a few weeks to test though.


Good luck with the run flat search..
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #94
ShereKhan
Captain
 
ShereKhan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi SE
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bristol, UK

Posts: 995
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 320si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
Hi All,

19" run flats are rarer than rocking horse poop! Apparently no one has them in stock, so currently waiting for a call back whilst people check national suppliers - this is just a laugh. If you have 19 upgrades, beware of this, the rear tyres are short of stock.
Try Costco they get them direct from Michelin
__________________
New Company car 2011 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown 6FL USB, Front Sports seats, Sports steering wheel, Xenons - Arrived 3rd Dec 2010!
Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010 - E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification
Long gone - 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
ShereKhan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2008, 04:52 AM   #95
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

So any news on the original purpose of this thread...before all the drift!!!
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2008, 09:55 AM   #96
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
 
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North West, UK

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Just had a call, will have a new tyre fitted on Friday, so will give the car a polite bashing over the weekend and see what happens.

Initial reports in the 3 hours looked positive, was feeling different but we will see.
__________________
Regs
Trigger

BMW E93 320i M Sport - Black Sapphire / Coral Red
Trigger2007 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2008, 06:42 AM   #97
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
so will give the car a polite bashing over the weekend and see what happens.
Interestingly the faults are most evident on mine when running at low revs or cruising....worst area seems to be up to 2k revs....

So "bashing it" wouldn't really show much up on mine!!!!

Mine goes in tomorrow - had Aftersales Manager on the phone last night clarifying what the issues are. I made him fully aware of what I'd learned from my own research and that I would not be just accepting the car back without some evidence of something having been done/changed.....

Also pointed out that if the car isnt sorted within the day, I will need a vehicle.....!!

We shall see!!!
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.

Last edited by chrisbin; 03-13-2008 at 07:26 AM.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #98
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Right all - sorry for the delay in responding. I have collated the various data and issues from all of you, and am creating a viewable table to post up here, and to send to BMW.

BMW Customer Services are already aware that I will be giving them a document showing all the various issues experienced by 320i owners (and others too) and they have promised to give a considered reply as to how the problems should be dealt with in the first instance, and what steps BMW are going to take to ensure each issue gets resolved once and for all.

From my initial conversations with BMW CS, it seems that the problem is quite widespread, but this is the first time they will have collated data from a range of cars up and down the country. I sense it is a little embarrassing for them to acknowledge there are problems with the 320i engine but hopefully the collective power created here will force them to react positively.

Will update soon.

Good work - thanks again!

I'm sure they are indeed a little embarrassed......particularly since they keep telling people there isn't a problem.........
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #99
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
 
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North West, UK

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Right all - sorry for the delay in responding. I have collated the various data and issues from all of you, and am creating a viewable table to post up here, and to send to BMW.

BMW Customer Services are already aware that I will be giving them a document showing all the various issues experienced by 320i owners (and others too) and they have promised to give a considered reply as to how the problems should be dealt with in the first instance, and what steps BMW are going to take to ensure each issue gets resolved once and for all.

From my initial conversations with BMW CS, it seems that the problem is quite widespread, but this is the first time they will have collated data from a range of cars up and down the country. I sense it is a little embarrassing for them to acknowledge there are problems with the 320i engine but hopefully the collective power created here will force them to react positively.

Will update soon.
Awesome, if you need any further information drop me a mail..

Reference your post Crisbin, mine too hence the 'Polite' bashing. I've been without a decent car for nearly 4 weeks now so I've got to stretch its legs as well.
__________________
Regs
Trigger

BMW E93 320i M Sport - Black Sapphire / Coral Red
Trigger2007 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2008, 03:22 AM   #100
Bumps
Captain
 
Bumps's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 320i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hampshire, UK

Posts: 859
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Tony you are a gentleman
Bumps is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2008, 04:36 AM   #101
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
hence the 'Polite' bashing. I've been without a decent car for nearly 4 weeks now so I've got to stretch its legs as well.
Good points!!

__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2008, 04:59 AM   #102
yatesey
Private
 
yatesey's Avatar
 
Drives: 320 SE cab
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NWest UK

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumps View Post
Tony you are a gentleman
hi bumps..hows ur running?..sorry cant remember when last i asked? ..u also waiting for the upgrade and bits?

cheers
Y
__________________



"sex on legs!...well.. wheels!!..."
yatesey is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #103
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

Just been called - apparently there is a PUMA measure been issued.

Where reprogramming hasn't solved the issue I'm told that a new DME controller is needed (??)

Techinician gone back to his foreman - he thinks they will need to order the above, and will then need it back in for 2 days.....

Awaiting futher update....

Just had new call - BMW technical have advised a reprogramme is necessary - s'posed to be done in an hour....and that is supposed to be that....

We'll see eh????
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.

Last edited by chrisbin; 03-14-2008 at 09:35 AM.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #104
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
 
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North West, UK

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

It really does instill you with confidence when you get told several different things...

Well hot off the press, just taken mine out for a run to Manchester and back (circa 50 mile round trip) and so far so good. I'm not sure if its just me but it actually feels like a better car to drive, the power curve feels much improved.

I've not had the hesitant wobble either whilst I have been idling....

Well we will see what its like after a few miles, fingers crossed!!!

Ps I'm ever the optimist!!
__________________
Regs
Trigger

BMW E93 320i M Sport - Black Sapphire / Coral Red
Trigger2007 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #105
yatesey
Private
 
yatesey's Avatar
 
Drives: 320 SE cab
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NWest UK

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger2007 View Post
It really does instill you with confidence when you get told several different things...

Well hot off the press, just taken mine out for a run to Manchester and back (circa 50 mile round trip) and so far so good. I'm not sure if its just me but it actually feels like a better car to drive, the power curve feels much improved.

I've not had the hesitant wobble either whilst I have been idling....

Well we will see what its like after a few miles, fingers crossed!!!

Ps I'm ever the optimist!!
hi trigg...well like u say that sounds optimistic......ill keep them crossed for us all ..

...sorry but can i get this right..uv not had the v29 but someother "online" upgrade from BMW?....have ur injectors been changed?..and or the cam sensors?...can u remember anything else theyve done?

cheers

Y (PS next time ur this way let me know..)
__________________



"sex on legs!...well.. wheels!!..."
yatesey is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2008, 02:46 PM   #106
Trigger2007
E93 320i M Sport
 
Drives: 320i M Sport Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North West, UK

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Apparently they have done a software update but not the full V29 update. The update was done from Bracknell not the dealer, but Ive been told its not the full V29. Apparently they were 'tweaking' the software then test driving it and then testing it on the machine. All the time the diagnostics where saying that it was good but they continued to test.

I've had injectors, spark plugs and coils fitted several times, however personally I don't believe that these were at fault (bar the plugs) I think it was a side effect of the engine running incorrectly.

I'm no mechanic though just how I see it!
__________________
Regs
Trigger

BMW E93 320i M Sport - Black Sapphire / Coral Red
Trigger2007 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #107
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

Well...mine's back. They worked on the software - apparently only took an hour.....

Driver who brought it back was the same as the one who took it and he reckoned it felt a lot better....I havent had a chance to drive it yet...

We shall see...
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2008, 01:56 AM   #108
yatesey
Private
 
yatesey's Avatar
 
Drives: 320 SE cab
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NWest UK

Posts: 96
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
..sounds like im in for a stealer phone call, monday......after a weekend of fingers crossed

hears hoping.....

..wonder how much they are going to pay for "better late than never!"?

Y
__________________



"sex on legs!...well.. wheels!!..."
yatesey is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      03-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #109
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North West England

Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)

Well, as you know Yatsey I got a call on Friday to say the sensors had arrived, were being fitted and a CD with a software update had landed on their desk which was going to be applied Fri aft/Sat morn and I should be getting a call on Monday... I hope she's all fixed at last!!
__________________
Sweeeeet

COLSEN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-17-2008, 06:53 AM   #110
chrisbin
Colonel
 
chrisbin's Avatar
 
Drives: M-Benz C250CDi Est
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S.Wales, UK

Posts: 2,325
iTrader: (1)

Havent driven mine much (spent too much time drinking and watching rugby!), so reserving judgement at the moment.....
__________________
Current - M-Benz C250Cdi Sport Plus Auto Est.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
chrisbin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
320i, problem

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST