E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Tischer - Horrible Service!!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-24-2008, 01:03 PM   #1
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,933
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Tischer - Horrible Service!!!

i've only dealt with Tischer once before without a problem. But this time i ordered my M Steering Wheel trim (part # 32302283739) and received some horrible service. First off, i ordered the part online and the order was left under "processing" for 3 days. Then they finally post a note in the order status screen (didn't even bother sending me an email!!) saying that its on national backorder. OK, so considering the fact that it was out ot stock and didn't even know when it would be in stock, i asked for a full refund as anyone would do. However, the email they sent me was the following:

Jason M. Reighard-
"It's too late to cancel your special order cover without being charged
the 20% restocking fee. You were sent this message yesterday concerning
your order:

From Supplier on Wednesday, 04/23/08 9:09 AM:
Hello and thank you for your order. Please allow a couple weeks for this
part to arrive as it's currently on national backorder here in the US. As
soon as it arrives, we'll ship and provide a confirmation with tracking #.
Thanks!

Please take the time to familiarize yourself with our policies and
procedures on our FAQ/policies sections on our homepage @
www.getbmwparts.com . Also, being that this item is on national backorder
from Germany, your local dealer will not be able to get one for you any
quicker than we can."

So basically they are telling me to shove it, we have your money and theres nothing you can do about it except give us 20%. This is ridiculous because since they don't even have the part yet, there is no "restocking" to do. All in all, i will have my credit card company deal with these people and i will NEVER purchase from Tischer again considering i am BMWCCA member and can buy items with the same % off at a local dealer. So guys, BE CAREFUL WHEN ORDERING FROM TISCHER!! They do not tell you whether something is out of stock or whether it is a special order until several days later and then they don't give you your money back!
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar

Last edited by phozenstone; 04-24-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Spacegray335i
BimmerPost Supporting Buyer
Spacegray335i's Avatar
Hong Kong
10
Rep
619
Posts

 
Drives: Me Nuts
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MD & DC

iTrader: (1)

Sorry to hear this but I always have good customer experiences with Tischer.
Jason/Evan have always been helpful.

Sometimes patience is the key. I remembered I also had a part that was on national backordered. It took a while for them to get to me. They did apologize though.

Jason / Evan should chime in here.....
__________________
00(||||)(||||)00
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
jbimmer3
Captain
jbimmer3's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
876
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Layton, UT

iTrader: (3)

First. I would have called them to see if the part was in stock. Second. review there policies. They have went out on a limb for me before. There service has always been great. It's not their fault its on national backorder. Have some patience. hope it works out for ya
__________________

Car pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #4
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,933
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

I agree with you that its not their fault that the part is on national backorder...Hence i would have no problem with them if they would cancel my order considering they don't even have the part. The problem here is they already took my money, and now have no clue when the part will be in stock AND they want to charge me a restocking fee on a part they won't even restock!! and that guy Jason Reighard has the worst customer service ever...this is the last time i will order from Tischer unless they remedy the situation.
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
Jason@Tischer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jason@Tischer's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
3,904
Posts


 
Drives: 2014 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Silver Spring, MD

iTrader: (15)

Send a message via AIM to Jason@Tischer
Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
I agree with you that its not their fault that the part is on national backorder...Hence i would have no problem with them if they would cancel my order considering they don't even have the part. The problem here is they already took my money, and now have no clue when the part will be in stock AND they want to charge me a restocking fee on a part they won't even restock!! and that guy Jason Reighard has the worst customer service ever...this is the last time i will order from Tischer unless they remedy the situation.
This is typical...previously satisfied customer places an order, things don't go exactly the way they want, think they can dictate how we do business - and all of a sudden - Tischer provides horrible service!

Our policies and procedures are clearly outlined on the homepage @ www.getbmwparts.com for you to read and review BEFORE you place your order. When the order is placed, you agree to our policies. The reason that we have the 20% restocking fee in place for all special-order parts is because if we didn't, customers could just place orders for all kinds of different parts at will, and then would be free to cancel at any time. This would leave us with a bunch of special order parts laying around that we don't have stock. Think about it, we have to cover our return costs as well. We're always quick to fix mistakes that we may have made and are glad to go out of our way for our customers whenever we can. Evan and I try to provide the best customer service possible, but we do adhere to our policies.

Quote:
and that guy Jason Reighard has the worst customer service ever...this is the last time i will order from Tischer unless they remedy the situation.
Seriously, if I were that bad...would I really be taking the time to answer and explain everything to you(AGAIN) not only in your personal(and insulting) e-mail, but also here on the forums as well?

I apologize but, rules are rules.

P.S. - you haven't been charged for anything yet, we don't charge the credit card until the order ships(again, you'd know this, too - had you read the polices/procedures before complaining)
__________________
Jason Reighard
Internet Parts Manager, getBMWparts.com

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Jason at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube

Last edited by Jason@Tischer; 04-24-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,933
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Tischer View Post
The reason that we have the 20% restocking fee in place for all special-order parts is because if we didn't, customers could just place orders for all kinds of different parts at will, and then would be free to cancel at any time. This would leave us with a bunch of special order parts laying around that we don't have stock.
Problem is you dont even have the part yet and don't even have a timeframe of when you will receive the part. So this is different then me just cancelling the order "at any time." I think this is a legitimate reason to cancel the order if you don't have any peices in stock.

PS...you never even bothered to send me an email telling me the part was on backorder until i had sent an inquiry because i haven't received tracking or order status emails. And the order was "processing" for three days before you updated the order status screen anyway. So if i've never emailed you, i would've been waiting and waiting and waiting......some customer service you have there
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
txusa03
Major General
118
Rep
6,567
Posts

 
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (2)

You might not like the policy that they have and every business has similar policy. These guys are not owners they just work there and do the best they can. A policy is a policy and you can take the 80% or wait for a special part. Jason and Evan are very good at replying to PM. You contacted Jason and did he not reply to you, so where is the bad service.

Their online system might not be the best system with automated notification so is that their fault. Now you know, next time PM them first to see what they have in stocks. My local dealer do the same for special orders.

GL.
__________________
under construction!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
Evan@Tischer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Evan@Tischer's Avatar
United_States
284
Rep
5,001
Posts


 
Drives: Honda Ridgeline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Silver Spring, MD

iTrader: (45)

Send a message via AIM to Evan@Tischer
Quote:
Problem is you dont even have the part yet and don't even have a timeframe of when you will receive the part. So this is different then me just cancelling the order "at any time." I think this is a legitimate reason to cancel the order if you don't have any peices in stock.

PS...you never even bothered to send me an email telling me the part was on backorder until i had sent an inquiry because i haven't received tracking or order status emails. And the order was "processing" for three days before you updated the order status screen anyway. So if i've never emailed you, i would've been waiting and waiting and waiting......some customer service you have there
Here's the exact timeline of how this order went...

Order placed: 04/21/2008 - 10:59 PM (We are not open at 10:59PM, so the order carries over to the next morning)

Order started: 04/22/08 8:56 AM by me (Part was marked as "on order" as the part is not instock. From our FAQ # 28 "on order" means it takes about 2- 3 business days for ust to get from BMW...unless you're otherwise notified of any backorderd parts)

Confirmation of the national backorder from BMW the next morning: 04/23/08 (I immediately notified you of this situation w/ this message both through the online system and to the email you provided: "From Supplier on Wednesday, 04/23/08 9:09 AM:
"Hello and thank you for your order. Please allow a couple weeks for this part to arrive as it's currently on national backorder here in the US. As soon as it arrives, we'll ship and provide a confirmation with tracking #. Thanks!" If you didn't this email, it was probably filtered into your spam/junk mail box...please monitor that. Had you had logged into your account and checked the status of your order, you would've seen this there, too.)

From this timeline, you were given the most specific timeframe we had available. The part has already been released from BMW...so will probably be in here 4 - 6 business days...way ahead of schedule. The problem is you can not cancel an order once it's been released from BMW AG. The restock charge is not because we have the part and need to put it back on our shelf...we don't even charge restock charges for items we keep in our inventory. The restocking charge is only for special order items that we don't keep in stock and must return to BMW once they arrive if a customer decides they no longer want them.

More than likely, had you just been polite when emailing Jason, he probably would've just waived the restocking fee....we do that all the time. Instead you sent him an insulting email and posted this ridiculous thread about our customer service......doing nothing more than making yourself look bad for not checking our polices or FAQ's upfront.

These cry-baby threads are ridiculous and should not be permitted.
__________________
Evan Winstead
Internet Parts Manager, getBMWparts.com

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Evan at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #9
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,933
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
Order started: 04/22/08 8:56 AM by me (Part was marked as "on order" as the part is not instock. From our FAQ # 28 "on order" means it takes about 2- 3 business days for ust to get from BMW...unless you're otherwise notified of any backorderd parts)

Confirmation of the national backorder from BMW the next morning: 04/23/08 (I immediately notified you of this situation w/ this message both through the online system and to the email you provided: "From Supplier on Wednesday, 04/23/08 9:09 AM:
"Hello and thank you for your order. Please allow a couple weeks for this part to arrive as it's currently on national backorder here in the US. As soon as it arrives, we'll ship and provide a confirmation with tracking #. Thanks!"
Right when you saw that it is not in stock (as quoted above) i should have been notified which was 4/22. And obviously you have not sent an email to me regarding this backorder because I do not have any Spam filters in place and i've received every email from Tischer so far including confirmation of order and Jason's emails. So this email that you claim you have sent is questionable but that is beside the point because you didn't care to even ensure that i knew it was backordered. It is not my responsibility to check and see whether this part is backordered. Once you found out, i should have been notified and given the option whether to wait for it or cancel it, this is just simple business procedure.

And my first email to Jason was very politely asking for an order status and that if it is not in stock then please cancel my order as i will buy it locally. However, he came straight out telling me it was too late! and that without a 20% restocking fee and never gave me a time frame of when it would be here. You had my email address and my phone number, i don't understand why you wouldn't contact your customer first if it was backordered and you had to special order the product. And no where in your website does it state that this part is special order anyway.

On a side note Evan, i am working with Jason now to clear this matter up as i do not wish to further badmouth your company...but in the future, you need to let your customers know asap if something is backordered and also whether a part is a special order or not. Without this, it's pretty deceiving considering the fact that on your website, i think i am ordering a normal in stock part when indeed you don't have it and don't intend to let your customers cancel the order.
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #10
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,933
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
These cry-baby threads are ridiculous and should not be permitted.

Obviously you do not like it when people have bad experiences with your company and post it here, but thats what this vendor feedback/review forum is all about!! How else are people supposed to know what goes on? Hence you have your good reviews, and your bad reviews...
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
Kitz
Major
Kitz's Avatar
Indonesia
22
Rep
1,319
Posts

 
Drives: ex BMW
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: socal 2006-2010, Jakarta 2010+

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Kitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
Obviously you do not like it when people have bad experiences with your company and post it here, but thats what this vendor feedback/review forum is all about!! How else are people supposed to know what goes on? Hence you have your good reviews, and your bad reviews...
you're lucky Evan said that the stuff will arrive in 4-6 business days..
My recent purchased with Tischer was awesome..
I waited for 3 weeks, and I was completely satisfy with the product I received..I ordered the gloss black trim btw..
When the package arrived, it's missing one item (ashtray cover), Tischer delivered it to me OVERNIGHT for FREE..where else could you get that kind of service?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:35 PM   #12
Evan@Tischer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Evan@Tischer's Avatar
United_States
284
Rep
5,001
Posts


 
Drives: Honda Ridgeline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Silver Spring, MD

iTrader: (45)

Send a message via AIM to Evan@Tischer
Quote:
Right when you saw that it is not in stock (as quoted above) i should have been notified which was 4/22. And obviously you have not sent an email to me regarding this backorder because I do not have any Spam filters in place and i've received every email from Tischer so far including confirmation of order and Jason's emails. So this email that you claim you have sent is questionable but that is beside the point because you didn't care to even ensure that i knew it was backordered. It is not my responsibility to check and see whether this part is backordered. Once you found out, i should have been notified and given the option whether to wait for it or cancel it, this is just simple business procedure.

And my first email to Jason was very politely asking for an order status and that if it is not in stock then please cancel my order as i will buy it locally. However, he came straight out telling me it was too late! and that without a 20% restocking fee and never gave me a time frame of when it would be here. You had my email address and my phone number, i don't understand why you wouldn't contact your customer first if it was backordered and you had to special order the product. And no where in your website does it state that this part is special order anyway.

On a side note Evan, i am working with Jason now to clear this matter up as i do not wish to further badmouth your company...but in the future, you need to let your customers know asap if something is backordered and also whether a part is a special order or not. Without this, it's pretty deceiving considering the fact that on your website, i think i am ordering a normal in stock part when indeed you don't have it and don't intend to let your customers cancel the order.
Again, on 4/22 I personally marked you order as "on order" meaning the part is not in stock. It is your responsiblity to log into the account you created on our website and check this status if you want to know what's going on with an order...it's visible 24 hours a day. Our website is not going to notify you of every single event during your order...I don't know of any websites that do this. And Jason and myself are not going to hold your hand and email, call, telegraph, send a certified letter, etc., etc. of every event during your order either...since it's laid out pretty simple in our policies and FAQ's of what to expect.

We didn't have a confirmation of the backorder from BMW until the next morning.....and we immediately notified you of this as soon as we found out. We also gave you a heads up on what to expect, and an email was in fact sent to the address you provided along w/ the message in your order comments. Once you placed the order through our website..and we submitted the order with BMW, it was too late to cancel. This is noted in FAQ # 33.

Regardless, per our polices, it IS your responsiblilty to check the status of your order. Had you familiarized yourself w/ our business and practices before ordering, this wouldn't be an issue. You are not going to dictate how we conduct business, and badmouthing our business because you don't like how we run things has no place here.

Quote:
Obviously you do not like it when people have bad experiences with your company and post it here, but thats what this vendor feedback/review forum is all about!! How else are people supposed to know what goes on? Hence you have your good reviews, and your bad reviews...
The only thing I don't like about this is the fact that we did everything as we normally do, yet you make a thread stating "Tischer - Horrible Service"...which couldn't be farther from the truth. Had we not followed our policies and practices to a T, nor replied to any of your inquiries in a timely manner, posting in this forum would be justified......but that just isn't the case.

You asked Jason the status....he gave you an honest answer and told you it was too late to cancel and doing so would warrant a 20% restock charge per our polices. You didn't like this answer and replied to him w/ a nasty email. Had you just been polite, and noted you didn't realize that was our policy, I'm sure Jason would've helped you out more and waived the restocking charge. Your poor attitude and negligence ultimately put you into this situation.....it has no bearing on our customer service.....and no threads like this should be permitted as the majority of the vendors here are only trying to help out the e90post community.
__________________
Evan Winstead
Internet Parts Manager, getBMWparts.com

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Evan at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #13
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
Right when you saw that it is not in stock (as quoted above) i should have been notified which was 4/22.

According to his post, he received confirmation of national back order on 4/23 not 4/22. For the sake of argument, suppose your correct and he did know it was back ordered on 4/22... A one business day turn around time is still not unreasonable. I'd rather he wait for confirmation of back order than quote a 2-3 day delivery time only to later find out it will take 4-6 weeks. I'm thinking you've set your expectations unreasonably high. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:44 PM   #14
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,933
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
According to his post, he received confirmation of national back order on 4/23 not 4/22. For the sake of argument, suppose your correct and he did know it was back ordered on 4/22... A one business day turn around time is still not unreasonable. I'd rather he wait for confirmation of back order than quote a 2-3 day delivery time only to later find out it will take 4-6 weeks. I'm thinking you've set your expectations unreasonably high. As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait.
Uhm...no. read again...the argument here is that i was NOT notified. He FOUND OUT on 4/23 but i did not find out until i had emailed them myself on the order status because i haven't heard from them in several days since i've placed the order. So if i never asked for my order status, i wouldn't know it was backordered until 4 weeks later when my shipment comes rolling in and i start to wonder what the hell did i order since it was so long ago.
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:50 PM   #15
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
Uhm...no. read again...the argument here is that i was NOT notified. He FOUND OUT on 4/23 but i did not find out until i had emailed them myself on the order status because i haven't heard from them in several days since i've placed the order. So if i never asked for my order status, i wouldn't know it was backordered until 4 weeks later when my shipment comes rolling in and i start to wonder what the hell did i order since it was so long ago.
If you were going to place a conditional order based on whether or not the part was in stock or not, then why didn't you check if the part was in stock before placing the order? Besides, it's only 4/24 today. I'm sorry, I've been frustrated by customer service before so I know how it feels. I just feel you're jumping the gun too quickly with your complaint.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:55 PM   #16
Evan@Tischer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Evan@Tischer's Avatar
United_States
284
Rep
5,001
Posts


 
Drives: Honda Ridgeline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Silver Spring, MD

iTrader: (45)

Send a message via AIM to Evan@Tischer
Quote:
Uhm...no. read again...the argument here is that i was NOT notified. He FOUND OUT on 4/23 but i did not find out until i had emailed them myself on the order status because i haven't heard from them in several days since i've placed the order. So if i never asked for my order status, i wouldn't know it was backordered until 4 weeks later when my shipment comes rolling in and i start to wonder what the hell did i order since it was so long ago.
Wow.

Again, if you want your order status....all you do is log into your account and click the order status button. You would have seen the part was on order on the 22nd. Then you would've seen the part was on national backorder on the 23rd...and the message I wrote explaining the situation and what you can expect. I already told you we are NOT going to notify you of every single event in your order...it's YOUR responsibility to check YOUR status of YOUR order.

Guesss what.....not sure how you and Jason are working this out....but if you do still want the order...you're never going to know when you order ships or your tracking number if you dont check your email. If you end up cancelling this, you won't ever know if you've been charged the restock fee until you check your credit card statement or check your mailbox for the receipt that we'll send you. You also won't know the result of the presidential election until you check the news, or newspaper, or whatever. Seeing a pattern here??? Maybe you should just take a hair of responsibility....especially when we tell you exactly what we do and don't do in our policies and FAQ section. I'm out.
__________________
Evan Winstead
Internet Parts Manager, getBMWparts.com

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Evan at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
Evan@Tischer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Evan@Tischer's Avatar
United_States
284
Rep
5,001
Posts


 
Drives: Honda Ridgeline
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Silver Spring, MD

iTrader: (45)

Send a message via AIM to Evan@Tischer
Quote:
If you were going to place a conditional order based on whether or not the part was in stock or not, then why didn't you check if the part was in stock before placing the order? Besides, it's only 4/24 today. I'm sorry, I've been frustrated by customer service before so I know how it feels. I just feel you're jumping the gun too quickly with your complaint.
+100000000

Jason and I are online all day and we'll be happy to answer any emails, PM's, or instant messages regarding parts availability. We would've been glad to run the parts locator on this part for you had you inquired about its availability. Help us help you. Ok, now I'm out.
__________________
Evan Winstead
Internet Parts Manager, getBMWparts.com

Email getHelp@getBMWparts.com AIM: Evan at Tischer
Follow us on: FaceBook | Twitter | YouTube
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #18
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,933
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Even if i had checked my order status on 4/23, it would have been too late because you already placed the special order without letting me know you were out of stock and that you would order it from BMW AG.

according to your argument, i should probably read the entire bible before going to church. better yet, i had Burger King for lunch, i should have read the disclaimers and legal liability before eating that whopper. Damn!

On a serious note - It is obviously your company's responsibility to notify a customer if something is out of stock. I should not be the one to have to email you everyday to try and get a status of my order. Even though the email you claim to have sent is non-existent, i will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you did. But with that said, i still do not understand why you would notify your customer AFTER you already placed a special order from Germany when you found out you were out of stock...shouldn't you notify your customers before their order for a regular part becomes a "special order"? The only reason i could think you would do this is so that customers cannot cancel their order and you get 20% restocking if they do. But i wouldn't expect this from Tischer...would i?
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #19
BMW_E90
Major
BMW_E90's Avatar
21
Rep
1,035
Posts

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: California

iTrader: (11)

i ordered some stuff from tischer and got them today. had no problems at all. but sorry to hear youve had a bad experience!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #20
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
radix's Avatar
No_Country
56
Rep
896
Posts

 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
Even if i had checked my order status on 4/23, it would have been too late because you already placed the special order without letting me know you were out of stock and that you would order it from BMW AG.
As best I can tell from reading this thread, they placed the order because you placed an order. Generally, it is always a good idea to check on the availability of a part before placing an order if time is a critical factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phozenstone View Post
according to your argument, i should probably read the entire bible before going to church. better yet, i had Burger King for lunch, i should have read the disclaimers and legal liability before eating that whopper. Damn!
The strength of these analogies is questionable. Again, I'm sorry that you're experience has been unpleasant.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #21
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
useless thread. so what now we all gonna stop buying from them? or u trying to twist their arms? i never get the point of these threads
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #22
phozenstone
Brigadier General
phozenstone's Avatar
87
Rep
4,933
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E92 Montego Blue
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NY

iTrader: (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mantis View Post
useless thread. so what now we all gonna stop buying from them? or u trying to twist their arms? i never get the point of these threads
Then please elaborate on what you think the point of a "Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum" thread would be?
__________________
E92 Xdrive / Montego Blue / M3 Black Novillo Leather / OEM 351M 19" Wheels / Mtech Rear w/ IS Diffuser / Aero Lip / LCI Tailights / M3 Steering Wheel w/Paddles / 40% Huper Optik / Lux V3 / 4300K HID Fogs / Dynavin N6 / 3 Stage Intake Manifold / Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Conversion 4" Tips / K&N Filter w/ charcoal delete / Active Autowerke Stage 2 Tune / KW V1 Coilovers / BMW Performance Strut Bar
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST