E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > I'm starting to get sick of ...

04-30-2008, 05:00 AM   #23
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92; MG TF 160; C2 VTS

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
BTW when are we doing another drive day, maybe a drive up to the hunter with some vino tasting?
Hunter and vino tasting could be really good, but might take some organisation, as the vino tasting may necessitate an overnight stay .... I'm OK with the swirl, sniff and sip but not well disciplined with the spit

Have to look at the calendar to see when it might be possible.
      04-30-2008, 03:31 PM   #24
OzStriker
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriFix View Post
I forgot to change gear and hit the rev limiter!!! The car just died. I feel I have let the whole M3 community down
Don't blame yourself Mike, blame the power curve.

I reckin it should go to 10,000RPM.

Seriously, some people think it is ricey but if BMW release a shift light steering wheel as part of this tii range I would be very interested.
BMW E92 M3 6MT, G-Power SKII supercharged, custom exhaust with 100 cell cats and Remus Sport mufflers, Brembo 380mm BBK, BMW Performance steering wheel, LUX H8 angel eyes, CF CSL boot, Hamann CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF lip, CF grilles, CF gills, CF bonnet vents, BMW Performance stripes, RAC RG63 wheels, Eibach lowering springs, camber modifications.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 04:47 PM   #25
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
Street racing is dangerous....but.... answering your phone while try to do it is just retarded. You remind me of Brian O'conner surfing the internet in fast and the furious as hes racing, lol.
Dude, not only did you let the Bimmer guys down..
i think you just let the whole civc community down too.
You should be banned!!
Oh FFS, I reached a top speed of 60 km/hr on a 3 lane divided road where the speed limit is 80km/hr. If you think that's dangerous, you should not set foot in a car ever again.
      04-30-2008, 08:59 PM   #26
AndDee
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I was bad yesterday

I reved my baby to well over 6,000 and she only had 700kms on her!

Silly Commodore driver.....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 02:33 AM   #27
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

lol to this whole thread!..... except for that sad part!

Look i think 90% of accidents are caused by bad driving not speed, and the speed limits in the country are massively underrated!!

TLGP or "traffic light brand prix" are fine to have at all the dedicated government sponsored venues all over Sydney on numerous nights during the week at low cost..... oh what's that, you mean just one place on one night a week and you can be expected to queue for 2 hours before getting a $50 -13sec ride!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 03:26 AM   #28
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
1q2w3e4r if i had time i would go and test the limits of my car with pleasure. I don't street race and neither do my best mates mainly due to the fact that one of our distant friend from school past away while being the passenger of a driver that was speeding. My only problem is accelerating to the speed limit and a once every two month fang at 3am in the morning on roads that have no cars present or bystanders.
There's a private track day at WSID, Sunday July 20th. Even god rests on Sunday, come out and have a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninsyd View Post
TLGP or "traffic light brand prix" are fine to have at all the dedicated government sponsored venues all over Sydney on numerous nights during the week at low cost..... oh what's that, you mean just one place on one night a week and you can be expected to queue for 2 hours before getting a $50 -13sec ride!!!!
They run more than one night a week some times as they run friday's as well. Along with Bracket Attack, test and tune days and the like. They even run Private Days where the track is booked for the entire day by a club from 8-5 for a full days racing (usually on Sunday's). It costs around $210 and you can run your car until your hearts content. There's more than enough opportunities for people to get out and have a go, it's a good opportunity to see how your car stacks up against others in a controlled environment where everyone's out for a social day and good time. I've never understood too much why people don't pop out with a mate and have some head to head runs and see what their cars actually run. (Not pointing fingers as I'm sure everyone would have a go).

There's one coming up in July with the V8owners forum, the day is being run by a mate Peter. You should come out and have a run. As you said, much safer environment, no lining up for 2 hours (which is really only 1) and you can have a run every 5 minutes if you like. Would be good to see more Euro's come out and have a go.
http://forums.v8owners.com.au/showth...-day-4457.html

Here's the info on the day

Details for the Private day

The price of $210 includes the following:-

* Driver entry
* 2 x crew tickets
* 3 x spectator tickets

Schedule for Day

* 8am gates open
* Breakfast and Scrutineering between 8am ~ 10am
* 10am driver briefing, Grudge racing commences
* 1pm stop for Lunch (30 mins)
* 1:30pm ~ 4pm bracket racing session, including reaction time comp
* WSID Gates close 5:30pm

Driver and Car requirements

* Usual WSID street meeting rules apply, please read up on them
* Cars faster than 11.00 seconds no longer permitted for WSID private hires
* ANDRA license holders must race under their ANDRA number
* Drivers require ASA approved helmet, enclosed shoes, long sleeve shirt and long pants
* Your most recent drivers license

IMPORTANT RULES FOR PRIVATE DAYS

* No car is allowed to run quicker than 11.00
* If your car runs faster than 12.00 you must have a Current super street ANDRA licence. You can get your ANDRA licence here

Rain-out Policy

If it is raining on the morning, it is likely the track will postpone the event. In this case, we may be liable for fixed track costs; this could be around $10 per driver. We will post a message on V8Owners before 7:30am on the morning of the event. We can arrange phone calls on the morning for those traveling a long distance to the event. Where it rains during the event before lunchtime and the track declares it a washout, a pro-rata refund applies. Where it rains after lunchtime and is declared a washout, no refund applies. That is the deal on offer.

Refund Policy

V8Owners will assist in transferring tickets where circumstances dictate you can no longer attend, we will maintain a reserve list for this purpose.

Catering

Catering will be provided on the day by the lions club.

Tickets will be given to the drivers on the day.

Photography

Grant Stephens has been hired to take photos for the day

See some of his work here. http://www.cacklingpipesphotography....wnersday_1.htm
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 03:39 AM   #29
BBQWER
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 325i

No car is allowed to run quicker than 11.00

what is this mean?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 03:42 AM   #30
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

It means you can't run an ET (Elapsed Time) of faster than 11.00 seconds. Don't worry, no one need worry about it they won't get within throwing distance of it. Porsche 997 TT's run 11.7 seconds and the quickest ET I've seen in a 996 Turbo is my mates as 12.2.

I'd expect an E92 M3 to run in the 13.2-13.5 second bracket and a 335i from 13.7-14.0. It's all about getting out there and finding out though!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 04:16 AM   #31
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQWER View Post
No car is allowed to run quicker than 11.00

what is this mean?
It's not allowed to grow legs and run the 100 metres running race.
What does it sound like?
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 04:37 AM   #32
GeriFix
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
There's a private track day at WSID, Sunday July 20th. Even god rests on Sunday, come out and have a go.
Ben, I'd love to have a go at some time, unfortunately I'm working on the 20th July. Can you rent helmets at these events? I used to have one, but it was stolen a few years back.
      05-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #33
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

No you can't hire helmets. But it's usually no problem to borrow one off someone on the day to have a go. It's a pretty laid back, social event Private Days.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 03:54 AM   #34
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedbimmer View Post
Street racing is dangerous....but.... answering your phone while try to do it is just retarded. You remind me of Brian O'conner surfing the internet in fast and the furious as hes racing, lol.
Dude, not only did you let the Bimmer guys down..
i think you just let the whole civc community down too.
You should be banned!!
your grammar and spelling seems to be okay. so wtf is wrong with u then? have u read ANYTHING?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #35
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

Quote:
It means you can't run an ET (Elapsed Time) of faster than 11.00 seconds. Don't worry, no one need worry about it they won't get within throwing distance of it. Porsche 997 TT's run 11.7 seconds and the quickest ET I've seen in a 996 Turbo is my mates as 12.2.

I'd expect an E92 M3 to run in the 13.2-13.5 second bracket and a 335i from 13.7-14.0. It's all about getting out there and finding out though!
You've gotta be kidding right ?

If you're talking about Procede 335's, they are pulling 12.5 - 12.9 sec passes without much effort and on runflat tyres. I'd even wager that they are even quicker in a straight line than most M3 V8's. Not as a flame - I hope this doesn't start a war.

05-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #36
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post

If you're talking about Procede 335's, they are pulling 12.5 - 12.9 sec passes without much effort and on runflat tyres. I'd even wager that they are even quicker in a straight line than most M3 V8's. Not as a flame - I hope this doesn't start a war.

I think there is only one way to sort this out....
as the lebanese boys used to do back in highschool...
Via Drag Race.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #37
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:

Which part? No I don't think anyone will run a sub 12 second pass. I'd wager money on it. They defiantly won't run a sub 11.

As for the proceed, well talk's big! Hehe. The american's always post faster ET's. They have better prepped tracks and many are below sea level. Daninsyd took his car out and ran a 13.5 with it at 101.31 mph his car has the proceed and puts down 230kw+ at the wheels.

Easiest way to find out what your car runs is to take it to the track. Lee Rutter ran a 12.7 in his bone stock E46 M3, but I don't go claiming my car runs 12s stock! There's always people that fall outside the standard deviation as outliers due to track conditions, race weight, driver skill, tyres etc.

The fastest tested E92 335i that were aware of locally stands with Daninsyd as he's the only one who's been out and had a go. Now with a awesome launch and good 60' time you could get mid 13 pass out of the car if it runs similar mph again all day long. Dipping into the low 13s would take more mph or a killer short time. But I reckon he's done an awesome job to peddle it to a 13.5 without an LSD so I don't think your going to get much better unless the MPH goes up dramatically.

Hence my argument I think a 335 would run in the high 13-14 dead bracket and an E92 M3 which trap around 108 mph would run in the low 13 second bracket.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2008, 07:44 PM   #38
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

V3 with it's traction nanny should help the 335's to get better times.

Might have to try and get out there on the 20th, my Mrs might have a dummy spit though as I will have only flown in from Europe a day prior (yacht racing in Copenhagen)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 09:31 AM   #39
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Which part? No I don't think anyone will run a sub 12 second pass. I'd wager money on it. They defiantly won't run a sub 11.
Who said anything about sub 11 or 12 second passes. I said mid to high 12 second passes which are very acheivable in a current V2-V3 Procede 335

Quote:
As for the proceed, well talk's big! Hehe. The american's always post faster ET's. They have better prepped tracks and many are below sea level. Daninsyd took his car out and ran a 13.5 with it at 101.31 mph his car has the proceed and puts down 230kw+ at the wheels.
That was way back in July last year. The Procede has come a long...way since then. You obviously haven't followed the progression to its' current state. With the addition of variable launch control (Traction Nanny) on V3 Procede, as stated by Wopalx, the ET'S will only get better. Also check out this thread for an indicator of what is happening over in 'America' - http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335i-Drag-Racing.html

Quote:
There's always people that fall outside the standard deviation as outliers due to track conditions, race weight, driver skill, tyres etc.
Exactly ! No offense but Daninsyd's launch wasn't the best to be able to generate a mid 12sec pass and higher trap speed.

Quote:
The fastest tested E92 335i that were aware of locally stands with Daninsyd as he's the only one who's been out and had a go. Now with a awesome launch and good 60' time you could get mid 13 pass out of the car if it runs similar mph again all day long. Dipping into the low 13s would take more mph or a killer short time. But I reckon he's done an awesome job to peddle it to a 13.5 without an LSD so I don't think your going to get much better unless the MPH goes up dramatically.

Hence my argument I think a 335 would run in the high 13-14 dead bracket and an E92 M3 which trap around 108 mph would run in the low 13 second bracket.
In the US it seems on average the Trap speeds range from 101 mph to 115 mph depending on the tune on the 335 with average times of 13.5secs for stock and 13secs to 12.2secs for ECU tuned 335's.

Oh, I'll be having a go also- my sig below showing the future mods is about to become a reality in part with the addition of the Riss Racing Catless Downpipes, Forge Divertor Valves, more efficient Intercooler and V3 Procede upgrade with custom tune for the DP's and intercooler. In talks with Bavariacars in Gladesville for installation. Stay tuned

Last edited by Sparky66; 05-05-2008 at 09:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 05:33 PM   #40
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep

Quote:
Who said anything about sub 11 or 12 second passes. I said mid to high 12 second passes which are very acheivable in a current V2-V3 Procede 335

Perhaps, no one has done it locally though. 12 second passes are achievable out of stock E46 M3's too, but I don't claim that my car runs them.
Quote:
That was way back in July last year. The Procede has come a long...way since then. You obviously haven't followed the progression to its' current state. With the addition of variable launch control (Traction Nanny) on V3 Procede, as stated by Wopalx, the ET'S will only get better. Also check out this thread for an indicator of what is happening over in 'America' - http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335i-Drag-Racing.html

Your right, I haven't followed it. I don't have my 335 anymore and wasn't overly interested in modifying it. People were still running 110+ mph with the same setup though weren't they.

Quote:
Exactly ! No offense but Daninsyd's launch wasn't the best to be able to generate a mid 12sec pass and higher trap speed.

I still maintain that launch as long as you don't baby the car off the line has nothing to do with trap speed, and no where near enough to add 10 mph. Trap speed is a determinant of power, ET launch and how clean the pass is.

Quote:
In the US it seems on average the Trap speeds range from 101 mph to 115 mph depending on the tune on the 335 with average times of 13.5secs for stock and 13secs to 12.2secs for ECU tuned 335's.

There's more to it than just "the tune" 101-115 mph is a BIG difference in trap speed, and therefore indicated power. Some obviously have more mods, I bet they also benefit from lower altitude tracks.

Quote:

Oh, I'll be having a go also- my sig below showing the future mods is about to become a reality in part with the addition of the Riss Racing Catless Downpipes, Forge Divertor Valves, more efficient Intercooler and V3 Procede upgrade with custom tune for the DP's and intercooler. In talks with Bavariacars in Gladesville for installation. Stay tuned

Cool should be fun! I'm happy to be proved wrong. Should be good to see some more Euro's out there, having a run. We should have a friendly match up
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #41
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:

How many passes do you have at a drag strip? What's your best results in your car?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 02:10 AM   #42
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
How many passes do you have at a drag strip? What's your best results in your car?

I use to run almost monthly with friends in the Ford Cortina Car Club. I owned a V8 302 Windsor TE Cortina prepared by Bob Pinnell which ran 12 second passes regularly. Bob Pinnell was streeting a 351 Cleveland Ford Capri. Some people may also remember WOG007 and the wheel standing orange Cortina - also as part of the crew.
Best run in the 335 - zero -as i'm in the process of developing it, but the butt dyno tells me, it will be quick.

05-07-2008, 05:13 AM   #43
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
I use to run almost monthly with friends in the Ford Cortina Car Club. I owned a V8 302 Windsor TE Cortina prepared by Bob Pinnell which ran 12 second passes regularly. Bob Pinnell was streeting a 351 Cleveland Ford Capri. Some people may also remember WOG007 and the wheel standing orange Cortina - also as part of the crew.
Best run in the 335 - zero -as i'm in the process of developing it, but the butt dyno tells me, it will be quick.

I certainly remember WOG007, was my favourite car at Eastern Creek in the 90s .. but that was a long time ago now. I heard that the car is returning better than ever soon!

Look forward to reading about your passes at WSID in the 335 or might catch you out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #44
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

keep in mind i'm shite at the drags, and only got 2 runs.
Appreciate 0