E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Another happy customer with DiMisa tips - e90 stock bumper



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #23
FirstClass
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 3,199
iTrader: (0)

Too big for the stock bumper/rear imo. They fit the cutouts OK but they're too aggressive to flow with the stock look. Time for a new "diffuser"/trunk.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
FirstClass is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2008, 08:01 AM   #24
dimisa1977
Major
 
dimisa1977's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Specialist (exhaust)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,141
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobT View Post
Just received the tips this afternoon. Rushed over to the muffler shop can got them installed in 30 minutes. In order to meet my requirement, the shop needed to cut the DiMisa tips but I'm more than happy with the outcome. Thanks to JP at DiMisa
see opening, see tip. opening meet tip. tip meet opening.

nice to meet you both.
dimisa1977 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2008, 08:29 AM   #25
livnlegacy
Original Member
 
livnlegacy's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine E36 M3, 02 325iT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 560
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
o7 E90 335i  [0.00]
nice...

they probably won't look that good on a stock veh, but after seeing these in person, they flow real well on Jacob's car.
livnlegacy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #26
08TXbimmer
Built to Fight
 
08TXbimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 e90 Montego Sport
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TX

Posts: 266
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livnlegacy View Post
nice...

they probably won't look that good on a stock veh, but after seeing these in person, they flow real well on Jacob's car.
+1
__________________
2008 Montego Blue - Sport - Logic7 - iPod - Black Kidney Grill - Black finisher rods - 15mm rear spacers - 20% tint all around - Muffler delete w/ Magnaflow tips - Color match amber delete - Color match roundels - CDV mod - Smoked LED repeater lights - 19" M3 rims - Blacklines
08TXbimmer is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-20-2008, 11:51 PM   #27
Duffy_SK
e92 lover
 
Duffy_SK's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Europe

Posts: 813
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via ICQ to Duffy_SK
hey ,

what the fuck is on the 3rd foto ? are you serious ? shop make tips in that way ? for 75$ ?
lol thats insane ((
__________________
Duffy_SK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2008, 01:20 AM   #28
harlequin314
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CA

Posts: 328
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy_SK View Post
hey ,

what the fuck is on the 3rd foto ? are you serious ? shop make tips in that way ? for 75$ ?
lol thats insane ((
yes, i was also wondering why it was welded like that. i like the tips, but it that a bad weld job or how they fit?
harlequin314 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #29
virusE90
Private First Class
 
virusE90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sydney

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin314 View Post
yes, i was also wondering why it was welded like that. i like the tips, but it that a bad weld job or how they fit?
i agree with u ... but overall it looks more aggressive BBRRRmmm...
virusE90 is offline   Indonesia
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #30
Nikos335i
Brigadier General
 
Nikos335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 B8 S4 & 2013 F30 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,821
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2012 Audi S4  [4.50]
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
2011 Audi A4 Avant  [5.00]
I like these tips, been debating between 3.5 or 4 inch though?

I believe with the mtech rear the 4" ones don't look that big.
__________________
'12 B8 S4 Ice Silver on Black/Premium/DSG/Sport Diff/Nav/Carbon Inlays/19' Titanium Wheels/RS4 Grill/AWE exhaust/Alu Kreuz/H&R OE/Pagid RS19
'13 F30 328xi Sapphire Black/Coral Red/Sportline/gloss black with matte red/Style 397 18" wheels
gone: '07 E90 335i, Alpine White/Black with aluminum/sport/ steptronic/paddles/premium/Logic7
gone: '06 E61 530xi Sapphire Black/Black with aluminum/premium/panoramic sunroof/Logic7/PDC
Nikos335i is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #31
dimisa1977
Major
 
dimisa1977's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Specialist (exhaust)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,141
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikos335i View Post
I like these tips, been debating between 3.5 or 4 inch though?

I believe with the mtech rear the 4" ones don't look that big.
many guys with the aftermarket rear bumpers and/or diffusers elect to go with the v 4.0, but in reality, it's still about a 50% - 50% spread between the two sizes.

Shoot me an email and I can send you some video clips and the such. This may help you make a decision better.
dimisa1977 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #32
dimisa1977
Major
 
dimisa1977's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Specialist (exhaust)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,141
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin314 View Post
yes, i was also wondering why it was welded like that. i like the tips, but it that a bad weld job or how they fit?
each tip is made for the BMW 335, there's never any fitment issues. email me if you'd like some more info on installations, etc.
dimisa1977 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #33
harlequin314
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335 Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: CA

Posts: 328
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimisa1977 View Post
each tip is made for the BMW 335, there's never any fitment issues. email me if you'd like some more info on installations, etc.
yes it fits, but won't want it to look like the OP's from the inside. hoping it's just that the original tips weren't cut correcty and not welded at the right place.
harlequin314 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-21-2008, 05:16 PM   #34
dimisa1977
Major
 
dimisa1977's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Specialist (exhaust)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,141
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin314 View Post
yes it fits, but won't want it to look like the OP's from the inside. hoping it's just that the original tips weren't cut correcty and not welded at the right place.
well, i hate to say that his install was done incorrectly...

the thing on this install is that the tail pipe from the muffler was left too long (after the cut was made).

then, the installer simply slid the DT onto the tail pipe and pushed it back to the owner's mount preference (protrusion).

the GOOD NEWS is, the inside of a DT and the tail pipe will become to sooty and black, that the visible difference between the two won't be noticeable.

i'll bet ya that if you snapped a pic now, not immediately after install, you'd not see that portion that you don't like.

that's the nice thing about DiMisaTips, they're pretty simple and easy (even for us mechanically challenged guys).
dimisa1977 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 12:50 AM   #35
Duffy_SK
e92 lover
 
Duffy_SK's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Europe

Posts: 813
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via ICQ to Duffy_SK
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimisa1977 View Post
well, i hate to say that his install was done incorrectly...

the thing on this install is that the tail pipe from the muffler was left too long (after the cut was made).

then, the installer simply slid the DT onto the tail pipe and pushed it back to the owner's mount preference (protrusion).

the GOOD NEWS is, the inside of a DT and the tail pipe will become to sooty and black, that the visible difference between the two won't be noticeable.

i'll bet ya that if you snapped a pic now, not immediately after install, you'd not see that portion that you don't like.

that's the nice thing about DiMisaTips, they're pretty simple and easy (even for us mechanically challenged guys).
hi ,
i ordered 4"tips from you ,
first view on them was wow , they looks good . but then , when i closely look at them , it wasnt so good .. they have small scratches from polish job, that was didnt made for 100% , but thats not problem

i want to ask you , why did u make so different diameter from stock pipe.. theres about 0.5" different .. wtf ? isnt that easier, that , there will be 1mm different ? thx
__________________
Duffy_SK is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 05:34 AM   #36
dimisa1977
Major
 
dimisa1977's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Specialist (exhaust)
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA

Posts: 1,141
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy_SK View Post
hi ,
i ordered 4"tips from you ,
first view on them was wow , they looks good . but then , when i closely look at them , it wasnt so good .. they have small scratches from polish job, that was didnt made for 100% , but thats not problem

i want to ask you , why did u make so different diameter from stock pipe.. theres about 0.5" different .. wtf ? isnt that easier, that , there will be 1mm different ? thx
duffy: email and pm sent. i can explain why we'd engineer the inlets at 2.25'' and as far as a scratch, i have a real simple solution! PM and Email sent
dimisa1977 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST