E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Lease/Finance rates



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-29-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
shong2
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Lease/Finance rates

Hi all,

Looking forward to purchasing a 335i coupe soon but was wondering what are you guys paying for your car if you are leasing or financing? I just want to get a ball park of what I will be expecting to pay. If Sal or others can chime in on this that would be great. I look forward to a few answers as a stepping stone.

Info:
1. Suppose $2000 down. 36 months lease. Best MoneyFactor? Monthly rate?
2. Financing - $5k down. 48 months. Best APR? Total per month?

Including Car Info:
AW w/ Coral Red
6MT
Sport Package
Comfort Access
Premium Package
shong2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
gongtowjai
I'll Kung Fu Panda your ass
 
gongtowjai's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 AW 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kew Gardens & Chinatown

Posts: 1,934
iTrader: (0)

I use Pentagon Federal. If you are not in the military, the membership to join is 20 bucks. After that, you can apply for the auto loan. 4.25% up to 72 months. I had mine higher a year ago. That's how I borrow.

https://www.penfed.org/productsAndRa...wAutoLoans.asp
__________________
07 AW E90 335i - Steptronics & Comfort Access, Debadged, Blacklines, M-Tech Front w/ Matte Black Grills & LUX Angel Eyes
gongtowjai is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Jet335i
Captain
 
Jet335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 IB ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ

Posts: 858
iTrader: (5)

true, but BMW's rate right now (APR) is 3.9% on e92's...for up to 60 months....just stop in and see Sal.

I visited about 5 dealerships, and Sal beat them on almost his first pitch to me. Give him a call or stop in and see him..it's def worth your time.

Hell, I drove an hour to go talk numbers and i put down a deposit that day...now June can't get here fast enough.
Jet335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
bobik
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: nissan
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NYC

Posts: 30
iTrader: (0)

Who is this Sal? I'm in the market now too and wouldn't mind checking him out.

EDIT: n/m.. shoulda used the search button.

Last edited by bobik; 04-30-2008 at 04:50 PM.
bobik is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
gongtowjai
I'll Kung Fu Panda your ass
 
gongtowjai's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 AW 335i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kew Gardens & Chinatown

Posts: 1,934
iTrader: (0)

Sal aka screen name AutoCouture. Just PM him.
__________________
07 AW E90 335i - Steptronics & Comfort Access, Debadged, Blacklines, M-Tech Front w/ Matte Black Grills & LUX Angel Eyes
gongtowjai is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #6
CRZ410S
First Lieutenant
 
CRZ410S's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 335i Vert
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suburbs of Philly

Posts: 397
iTrader: (0)

Don't forget your credit rating has as much to do with the rate as does anything else!
__________________
E93 08 335i Vert | 6 spd | Barbera Red ext/Blk Int | Sprt/Prem pkgs | Comfort/Nav/Ipod/Sirius | + some custom work
CRZ410S is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #7
cycler
Major General
 
cycler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 8,067
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shong2 View Post
Hi all,

Looking forward to purchasing a 335i coupe soon but was wondering what are you guys paying for your car if you are leasing or financing? I just want to get a ball park of what I will be expecting to pay. If Sal or others can chime in on this that would be great. I look forward to a few answers as a stepping stone.

Info:
1. Suppose $2000 down. 36 months lease. Best MoneyFactor? Monthly rate?
2. Financing - $5k down. 48 months. Best APR? Total per month?

Including Car Info:
AW w/ Coral Red
6MT
Sport Package
Comfort Access
Premium Package
Your Residual will be 69% for 15K miles a year, 71% for 12K miles a year, and 72% for 10K miles driven a year. This is based on a 24 month lease. If you choose to do a 36 month lease your residuals will be 59% for 15K miles a year, 61% for 12K miles a year and 62% for 10K miles a year.

Your money factor will be .00245 and thats the same for 24 or 36 month lease. On a 24 month lease with a msrp of $45,475.00 with a $2,000.00 discount bringing the sale price to $43,475.00 and a $2,000.00 cap cost reduction your payment on a 24 month lease with 12K miles a year would be about $563.55. On a 36 month lease with a 12K miles a year and a $2,000.00 cap cost based on a selling price of $43,475.00 it would be $551.10

Goodluck. and call up sal to see what he says. He might give you a better discount than what my calculation was.
cycler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 01:54 PM   #8
shong2
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Wow, thanks for that info. Why is the residual so high?
shong2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #9
karliejai
Da Kid
 
karliejai's Avatar
 
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Livingston, NJ

Posts: 4,577
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to karliejai
Quote:
Originally Posted by shong2 View Post
Wow, thanks for that info. Why is the residual so high?


Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
Your Residual will be 69% for 15K miles a year, 71% for 12K miles a year, and 72% for 10K miles driven a year. This is based on a 24 month lease.
two year lease...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
If you choose to do a 36 month lease your residuals will be 59% for 15K miles a year, 61% for 12K miles a year and 62% for 10K miles a year.

three year lease
__________________


MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
karliejai is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #10
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,368
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Just a FYI...money factor on the 335i/xi until May 5th is .00230
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,410
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
Just a FYI...money factor on the 335i/xi until May 5th is .00230
what dealership do you work at? Your in NJ like me right?
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #12
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,368
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Park Ave in Maywood
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,368
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet335i View Post
true, but BMW's rate right now (APR) is 3.9% on e92's...for up to 60 months....just stop in and see Sal.

I visited about 5 dealerships, and Sal beat them on almost his first pitch to me. Give him a call or stop in and see him..it's def worth your time.

Hell, I drove an hour to go talk numbers and i put down a deposit that day...now June can't get here fast enough.


Personally, I can't wait to see your car either!! You been trackin it?
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #14
shong2
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

The 3.9% APR rate is based on Financing which I think is pretty good already. Is the money factor dependent on credit? negotiable? Wondering if I am able to get the 335i coupe at invoice now...
shong2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 09:30 AM   #15
Jet335i
Captain
 
Jet335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 IB ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ

Posts: 858
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post


Personally, I can't wait to see your car either!! You been trackin it?
been tracking it like an absolute madman.
Jet335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #16
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,368
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by shong2 View Post
The 3.9% APR rate is based on Financing which I think is pretty good already. Is the money factor dependent on credit? negotiable? Wondering if I am able to get the 335i coupe at invoice now...
Everything is based on Tier 1 credit (700+). Money factor and APR are non-negotiable, and no, you cant get a 335i at invoice. Allocations are slim at the moment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet335i View Post
been tracking it like an absolute madman.
I bet dude!
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #17
cycler
Major General
 
cycler's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 8,067
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shong2 View Post
The 3.9% APR rate is based on Financing which I think is pretty good already. Is the money factor dependent on credit? negotiable? Wondering if I am able to get the 335i coupe at invoice now...

Dude just order the car already. who in their right minds will give you a car at cost. Hey maybe you should have sal or the dealership give you the car at cost. And as a profit you should tell them "thank you" because a thank you will really help pay for their salaries....or taxes.....or overhead. Ever dealer is entitled to a profit and no one will work at getting you a car without making a dime on it. Yes there are factory holdbacks on the cars for the dealers. But you dont seem to understand that even if Sal made $3000.00 on a factory holdback he is not making $3000.00. First he makes a commission, then a portion of that is given to overhead an the remainder is profit which isnt that much.
cycler is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #18
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,368
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
i dont even get paid on holdback
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 10:56 AM   #19
shong2
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoCouture View Post
Everything is based on Tier 1 credit (700+). Money factor and APR are non-negotiable, and no, you cant get a 335i at invoice. Allocations are slim at the moment.
1. Everything is based on Tier 1 credit - understandable.

2. Money factor is non-negotiable? If so, then why are people getting differents MF lower than the base .0023. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133713 I even spoke with a sales person and he gave me a MF of .0022.

3. Allocations are slim at the moment - Is this based on your location or others?

4. I negotiated my car down to invoice + 200. Very tempting.



Thanks guys for your input. Looks like shopping is the way to go if you are willing to put up with some hassle.
shong2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 11:17 AM   #20
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,368
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
Quote:
Originally Posted by shong2 View Post
1. Everything is based on Tier 1 credit - understandable.

2. Money factor is non-negotiable? If so, then why are people getting differents MF lower than the base .0023. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133713 I even spoke with a sales person and he gave me a MF of .0022.

3. Allocations are slim at the moment - Is this based on your location or others?

4. I negotiated my car down to invoice + 200. Very tempting.



Thanks guys for your input. Looks like shopping is the way to go if you are willing to put up with some hassle.


the money factor wasnt negotiated...its the salesperson messing up. The 328i money factor was used for the 335 and I've noticed this a bunch of times already. Seems like some dealers are doing this to customers that arent actually buying that day so when they shop, no other dealer can match the price and when they return...they get the "oops we made a mistake" story and end up paying more regardless.

$200 over invoice is a nice deal (depending on what they're showing for invoice that is...)


Sal
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #21
Sal@AUTOcouture
 
Sal@AUTOcouture's Avatar
 
Drives: Techno Violet ESS M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ

Posts: 9,368
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to Sal@AUTOcouture
The way to lower the money factor is the do multiple security deposits. Every security deposit lowers the money factor .00007
Sal@AUTOcouture is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #22
shong2
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY

Posts: 23
iTrader: (0)

Gotcha. I may look into MSD since that is pretty interesting. Also 200 over invoice is nice. This was negotiated over email as well. Thanks for your input.
shong2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST