Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

TireRack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > TPMS acting wonky

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.

TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %

Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator

02-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
jon_335
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

TPMS acting wonky

I recently installed TPMS sensors from PYSpeed (car didn't have sensors when I bought it). I can't go 10 miles without iDrive telling me to set the pressures and reset the system. Yet, the graphic shows the system as active and all of the wheels green. The pressures are where they are supposed to be. My assumption is that the control module is bad, but before I plunk down $250 for a new unit I wanted to see if anyone had other suggestions.

And even if the module is bad, why does it tell me that all is good and at the same time I need to reset the system? Makes no sense to me.

2007 BMW 335i | Garner, North Carolina
      02-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
ThatGuyMikee
Captain

Drives: 2008 m3 e90 6spd

are the sensors oem? If not aftermarket usually dont work or cause problems
      02-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #3
jon_335
Private First Class

The sensors are not OEM. The vendor, PYSpeed (the sell on this board), assured me the sensors would behave just like OEM. The graphic in iDrive shows all wheels as green and says TPM active. Based on that, I assume the sensors are working correctly.

02-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
shadow191
Captain

Drives: '07 E92 335i / '07 Infiniti FX

Are you getting the reset message at the same time all tires show green? Maybe one sensor is intermittent so it's causing the reset message when it cuts out and then comes back.
      02-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
jon_335
Private First Class

I get the reset message, navigate to the status/reset screen and all tires are green. It's pretty consistent that this pops up within 10 miles of being reset. Maybe I should drive around with the status screen up and watch for when it says to reset ... see if there is an interruption of signal.

02-19-2014, 08:07 PM   #6
jon_335
Private First Class

I reset my TPMS on the way to work and left the TPMS screen up on the iDrive. I was trying to watch for any indication that the signal was lost from the sensors. When the Reset message came up, there was zero indication that the signal was lost. The tires were green before and after the message came up.

I guess the only way to confirm that the module is the problem is to hook the car up to a scanner? Or swap in someone else's for 10 miles and see what happens?