E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Daeos/Vista Angel Eye running light harness blowing fuse in DME

10-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #1
noah.s
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Daeos/Vista Angel Eye running light harness blowing fuse in DME

Hey guys I need some help with wiring the Daeos harness. I'm trying to use it to power my LED angel eyes on the Rolling Gears headlights. I've got everything hooked up at the angel eye end but the DME part is killing me.

I've hooked up the fuse end of the harness to the red with white stripe wire in the DME and it blows a 10amp fuse in the DME. The angel eyes must be drawing too much power and I'm scared to put a bigger fuse in and fry something else. I don't really know what else to do. Any ideas?

How I have it wired:
Red wire w/ inline fuse hooked up to red wire with white stripe in DME
That goes into the relays
Out of the relays come 2 black and 1 white wire, and a ground (1 back for driver halo power and 1 for passenger halo power, 1 white to detect when low beams go on)
Ground hooked up to stud determined in Daeos guide
1 black for passenger halo hooked up to black power for passenger halo
1 black for driver halo hooked up to black power for driver halo
1 white wire hooked up to passenger low beam power

The only thing I did differently than in the guide is hook up the halo powers and low beam sensor wire was tap them into the headlight side of the harness, not the main side. I wouldn't think that matters since the connector is just a pass through. The halos are drawing too much power from the circuit that I'm supposed to tap into in the DME....what do I do

Last edited by noah.s; 10-22-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
noah.s
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Well let this be a lesson to everyone to follow the directions exactly. Escpecially with wiring. I thought I was smart and could tap into the wires on the headlight side of the connector. Must have tapped the wrong wires and I'm lucky I didn't fry something. Rewired to the other side and all is good.
Appreciate 0