E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > With what party do you affiliate?



View Poll Results: With what group to you affiliate?
Very Conservative 2 2.78%
Conservative 26 36.11%
Moderate 18 25.00%
Liberal 15 20.83%
Very Liberal 11 15.28%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #1
ACZakka325i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ACZakka325i's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 3.5 M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT

Posts: 1,756
iTrader: (2)

With what party do you affiliate?

edit: would the moderator please move this to the off-topic area since i don't know how to move it.
__________________
2013 535i xdrive(Current)
2008 E92 M3 (Gone)
2006 E90 325i (Gone)
2002 E46 325xi (Gone)
1991 E30 325i (Gone)
ACZakka325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
sdorn
Lieutenant
 
sdorn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 491
iTrader: (0)

You need to move this to the off-topic forum, or ask a moderater to do it if you can't.
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite 535i
2009 Land Rover LR2
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (SOLD)
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
sdorn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
ben1364
Captain
 
Drives: E90 330iA
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgetown, TX

Posts: 943
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
You need to move this to the off-topic forum, or ask a moderater to do it if you can't.
Amen regarding deleting this thread because:
(1) It has nothing to do with BMWs or cars in general.
(2) It doesn't include libertarian and is therefore biased.
ben1364 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 06:30 PM   #4
itznin
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 E92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North NJ

Posts: 673
iTrader: (2)

Please add "Don't give a (_Insert_)!"

That's my vote
itznin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
ACZakka325i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ACZakka325i's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 3.5 M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT

Posts: 1,756
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1364
Amen regarding deleting this thread because:
(1) It has nothing to do with BMWs or cars in general.
(2) It doesn't include libertarian and is therefore biased.

sorry, but i am not familiar with every type of affialiation. I wish i could add libertarian and apethatic, but i can't change the poll now, unless the moderator would also do that for me. And while they are at it would they also add HIPPIE
__________________
2013 535i xdrive(Current)
2008 E92 M3 (Gone)
2006 E90 325i (Gone)
2002 E46 325xi (Gone)
1991 E30 325i (Gone)
ACZakka325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 06:38 PM   #6
stressdoc
Moderator
 
stressdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 YMB, 335 E90 ZSP+
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO

Posts: 9,997
iTrader: (0)

If we are going to let the freakin' hippies in then we need a bi-turbo party option as well.
stressdoc is online now   Dominica
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
deutschmann59
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: e90post.com

Posts: 735
iTrader: (0)

I don't see communist or socialist on here...what would Karl Marx say about this???



just kidding, actually I'm a conservative CAPITALIST

I mean, I'm liberal on some issues...I won't stay strictly conservative just because the republicans tell me to. Of course, I'm conservative by nature...I don't like to party to the early morning hour, I'm not into tattoos or piercings (actually I'm the complete opposite of my sister). But I do like rock 'n roll :rocks: . I hope my party doesn't finds out...


deutschmann59 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #8
sdorn
Lieutenant
 
sdorn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta

Posts: 491
iTrader: (0)

Conservative doesn't necessarily equal Republican. Liberal doesn't necessarily equal Democrat. There is some crossover.

Libertarians have some views that are on the extremes of both the right and the left. I actually agree with many of their views, including things like legalizing drugs.
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite 535i
2009 Land Rover LR2
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (SOLD)
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
sdorn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #9
deutschmann59
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: e90post.com

Posts: 735
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
Conservative doesn't necessarily equal Republican. Liberal doesn't necessarily equal Democrat. There is some crossover.

Libertarians have some views that are on the extremes of both the right and the left. I actually agree with many of their views, including things like legalizing drugs.
Yeah, I know. But republicans tend to be more traditional, whereas democrats have a "move forward" kind of outlook.

I hear where you're coming from with legalizing drugs. Look where drugs got the Beatles--probably some of their greatest work was done when they were high as a kite.

Imagine all the crime that would go away if the prohibition was lifted. But then again, there are the downfalls about it being too easy to overdose, and people who are high legally run the risk of hurting others while intoxicated...like drunk driving.

There was a discussion about this here a while back. I can't remember the details of the crime statistics of a country with legalized drugs, but I remember it was definitely interesting. Maybe someone else could add to this who has more knowledge than I do.
deutschmann59 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 09:46 PM   #10
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
 
BellasBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
liberal
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
BellasBmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #11
rtchamberlin
Private
 
rtchamberlin's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i Jet Blk
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Florida

Posts: 88
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by itznin
Please add "Don't give a (_Insert_)!"

That's my vote

Not to have a heated debate about political views, but unless just sarcastic, why would your vote be "Don't give a - - -- " Do you not care about how our country or society is managed. You pay taxes dont you?
rtchamberlin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 10:08 PM   #12
irowharderthanyou
Private First Class
 
irowharderthanyou's Avatar
 
Drives: 330i TiAg
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: FL

Posts: 143
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
liberal
Me too.
__________________
2006 330i TiAg - Beige, Step, ZPP, ZCP, Sat. Prep.
irowharderthanyou is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 10:37 PM   #13
itznin
Captain
 
Drives: 2007 E92
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North NJ

Posts: 673
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtchamberlin
Not to have a heated debate about political views, but unless just sarcastic, why would your vote be "Don't give a - - -- " Do you not care about how our country or society is managed. You pay taxes dont you?
I'm not sure do I pay taxes?

no it's not sarcastic I don't have time for politics....... boring
itznin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 11:01 PM   #14
e90rocks
Myrmidon
 
e90rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e90rocks
Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
I don't see communist or socialist on here...what would Karl Marx say about this???



just kidding, actually I'm a conservative CAPITALIST

I mean, I'm liberal on some issues...I won't stay strictly conservative just because the republicans tell me to. Of course, I'm conservative by nature...I don't like to party to the early morning hour, I'm not into tattoos or piercings (actually I'm the complete opposite of my sister). But I do like rock 'n roll :rocks: . I hope my party doesn't finds out...

Well, at leas you'd still have Ted Nugent.
Part of what you were saying fits with the multiaxial view of politics in the following website...in case you haven't seen it.
http://www.politicalcompass.org/ this test is kind of interesting.
e90rocks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2006, 11:08 PM   #15
e90rocks
Myrmidon
 
e90rocks's Avatar
 
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 236
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to e90rocks
liberal conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
liberal
"If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain."
---quote (falsely) attributed to Winston Churchill

"How come all the hot chicks are liberals?"
--quote accurately attributed to e90rocks
e90rocks is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2006, 03:16 AM   #16
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
 
BellasBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Ann Richards on How to Be a Good Republican:

1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8-year prosperity was due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's gasoline prices are all Clinton's fault.

2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success all on their own.

3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social Security checks on time.

4. You have to believe that AIDS victims deserve their disease, but smokers with lung cancer and overweight individuals with heart disease don't deserve theirs.

5. You have to appreciate the power rush that comes with sporting a gun.

6. You have to believe...everything Rush Limbaugh says.

7. You have to believe that the agricultural, restaurant, housing and hotel industries can survive without immigrant labor.

8. You have to believe God hates homosexuality, but loves the death penalty.

9. You have to believe society is color-blind and growing up black in America doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't vote for Alan Keyes.

10. You have to believe that pollution is OK as long as it makes a profit.

11. You have to believe in prayer in schools, as long as you don't pray to Allah or Buddha.

12. You have to believe Newt Gingrich and Henry Hyde were really faithful husbands.

13. You have to believe speaking a few Spanish phrases makes you instantly popular in the barrio.

14. You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.

15. You have to be against government interference in business, until your oil company, corporation or Savings and Loan is about to go broke and you beg for a government bail out.

16. You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares your hatred for AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.

17. You have to believe government has nothing to do with providing police protection, national defense, and building roads.

18. You have to believe a poor, minority student with a disciplinary history and failing grades will be admitted into an elite private school with a $1,000 voucher.
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
BellasBmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2006, 05:01 AM   #17
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
 
Robin_NL's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 1M , Assetto Corsa
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands, Europe

Posts: 4,682
iTrader: (0)

I'm a liberal but in my country that's different.

My country is very tolerant in many ways(98% of those issues I agree with), but the way 'foreigners' from lets say Middle Eastern countries are 'integrating' in 'our culture' here, isn't exactly working,
AT ALL. But that's my opinion.


For the rest I'm with Bella.(as ever )
Robin_NL is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #18
noflash
Captain Caveman
 
noflash's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi
Join Date: May 2005
Location: midwest

Posts: 1,715
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
Ann Richards on How to Be a Good Republican:

1. You have to believe that the nation's current 8-year prosperity was due to the work of Ronald Reagan and George Bush, but yesterday's gasoline prices are all Clinton's fault.

2. You have to believe that those privileged from birth achieve success all on their own.

3. You have to be against all government programs, but expect Social Security checks on time.

4. You have to believe that AIDS victims deserve their disease, but smokers with lung cancer and overweight individuals with heart disease don't deserve theirs.

5. You have to appreciate the power rush that comes with sporting a gun.

6. You have to believe...everything Rush Limbaugh says.

7. You have to believe that the agricultural, restaurant, housing and hotel industries can survive without immigrant labor.

8. You have to believe God hates homosexuality, but loves the death penalty.

9. You have to believe society is color-blind and growing up black in America doesn't diminish your opportunities, but you still won't vote for Alan Keyes.

10. You have to believe that pollution is OK as long as it makes a profit.

11. You have to believe in prayer in schools, as long as you don't pray to Allah or Buddha.

12. You have to believe Newt Gingrich and Henry Hyde were really faithful husbands.

13. You have to believe speaking a few Spanish phrases makes you instantly popular in the barrio.

14. You have to believe that only your own teenagers are still virgins.

15. You have to be against government interference in business, until your oil company, corporation or Savings and Loan is about to go broke and you beg for a government bail out.

16. You love Jesus and Jesus loves you and, by the way, Jesus shares your hatred for AIDS victims, homosexuals, and President Clinton.

17. You have to believe government has nothing to do with providing police protection, national defense, and building roads.

18. You have to believe a poor, minority student with a disciplinary history and failing grades will be admitted into an elite private school with a $1,000 voucher.
Great list; I'm stealing it!!
__________________

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
noflash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #19
ACZakka325i
Lieutenant Colonel
 
ACZakka325i's Avatar
 
Drives: X1 3.5 M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT

Posts: 1,756
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Great list; I'm stealing it!!

I actually can't stand it. No offence, but i really just cant stand liberals.
__________________
2013 535i xdrive(Current)
2008 E92 M3 (Gone)
2006 E90 325i (Gone)
2002 E46 325xi (Gone)
1991 E30 325i (Gone)
ACZakka325i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2006, 01:07 PM   #20
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
 
BellasBmw's Avatar
 
Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

Posts: 1,733
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i
I actually can't stand it. No offence, but i really just cant stand liberals.
Its ok, sometimes i just cant really stand conseratives, no offense.
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
BellasBmw is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #21
stressdoc
Moderator
 
stressdoc's Avatar
 
Drives: F80 YMB, 335 E90 ZSP+
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MO

Posts: 9,997
iTrader: (0)

If being annoyed with our current (USA) government for flat out deceiving us about how much tax-payer $ they intended to spend on the Iraq war and all the associated corrupt business interests makes me an ultra-conservative, then so be it. I think all the liberals are out driving their E-90s instead of responding to political polls.
stressdoc is online now   Dominica
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #22
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

I just wish I didn't have to keep giving all my damn tax money to the poor people
ward is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST