E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > College Acceptances :)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #45
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
Squawks's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
663
Posts

Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ithaca, NY

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Squawks
Yeah, go to TJ. Stay away from the girls and the donkeys though - they are nasty. Maybe me and my g/f will come out of our caves to kick it with you but since you are such a goody-good-shoe, I don't think I can handle going to a tea-shop or a Hello Kitty gift store, .

Spring break? If you get into UCSD I'll show you a real tour by then.
__________________
I'm sorry about my outlandish behavior - there's too much blood in my alcohol system.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 08:40 PM   #46
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
BellasBmw's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
1,733
Posts

Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
im going back to so cal for part of my spring break. im going with all my guy friends this time though, and theyre more open to try new things. so hopefully this time, SD will be a better experience for me.
And hopefully you meet up with me biotch!
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #47
timzerofive
there is no spoon
timzerofive's Avatar
41
Rep
866
Posts

Drives: 330i manual
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
U guys ever went crabbing down in SD? We do that all the time.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #48
Enroutte
Private First Class
Enroutte's Avatar
32
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
And hopefully you meet up with me biotch!

you know i love you! it wasnt my fault. i askedd them. i begged. they said i was being immature.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2006, 09:34 PM   #49
Enroutte
Private First Class
Enroutte's Avatar
32
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
Yeah, go to TJ. Stay away from the girls and the donkeys though - they are nasty. Maybe me and my g/f will come out of our caves to kick it with you but since you are such a goody-good-shoe, I don't think I can handle going to a tea-shop or a Hello Kitty gift store, .

Spring break? If you get into UCSD I'll show you a real tour by then.
hey shutup! lol im not a goody goody!

i was so ready to hit up that little BBQ but my friends are the biggest LOSERS. they were like "but we dont even knowww anyone ho wlame" and i was like "NO YOUREE LAME! we came all the way here and ur just gona sit in a hotel?" aghh!!

next time im going, im goign iwth diff people. tahnk goddd.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #50
Ethirtynine
Lieutenant
Ethirtynine's Avatar
3
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: 2004 Honda S2000
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Ethirtynine
Hey congrats! Too bad youre not coming to Colorado
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 12:44 AM   #51
Enroutte
Private First Class
Enroutte's Avatar
32
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirtynine
Hey congrats! Too bad youre not coming to Colorado
carbs!


come to cali!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 01:28 AM   #52
aapriadi
Colonel
aapriadi's Avatar
Indonesia
43
Rep
2,043
Posts

Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

iTrader: (10)

congrats kat!! i wish u all the best in whatever u do
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 02:10 AM   #53
magmd
Major General
magmd's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,272
Posts

Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
...ucla.

Hey now! I was a bruin....for 10 years :rocks: undergrad + grad.

....and now I have returned from boston to work there.

You get what you want out of it. Its a beautiful campus, great sports, fun town, diverse people, and well......I am there
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 02:26 AM   #54
Enroutte
Private First Class
Enroutte's Avatar
32
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
and well......I am there
because, you know, that's what really matters
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 02:34 AM   #55
magmd
Major General
magmd's Avatar
United_States
71
Rep
5,272
Posts

Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
that's what really matters


Heehee.......jeaaaaaaaaah!

Next time you in socal.......let me know LOL!
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 04:30 AM   #56
Armen52
Captain
Armen52's Avatar
14
Rep
658
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Bummer you passed up the chance to go to Berkeley. I was there for four years and I absolutely loved it. I moved there from the LA area.

Like you said, it has a very lively atmosphere and a unique personality to the campus and the area. That's exactly what hooked me on the school in the first place. I had visited some other UC campuses and they felt sterile to me. And UCLA well... its all right but its in the heart of materialistic LA that I wanted to get away from

Congrats and good luck with your choice. I'd say visit any school before you seriously consider attending.
__________________
E90 330i delivered 6/29/2005, ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/Step, Arctic/Gray/Walnut
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #57
Laplacian
Private First Class
Laplacian's Avatar
2
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
i like city. LA itself is awesome and would fit me, but the school .. i dont know. ;x i think its overrated.
If anything, UCLA is underrated. The students are very competitive and the professors have high expectations (relative to the discipline, of course). UCLA is snubbed by the ranking system because it is a public school. Berkley (public) is excellent also, better than their ranking suggests. U$C (private), on the other hand, wins a national championship and all of sudden turns into a good school. I don't think so.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

(If you meant that the UCLA experience is overrated, that's your opinion and it could be true for you. Everyone has different priorities and some people learn more in different environments. You should choose your school partially based on where you think you'd learn better and have the better experience.)
__________________
2006 BMW 330i | TiAg | Gray - burl | Sport | Prem | Steptronic | AS
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #58
Laplacian
Private First Class
Laplacian's Avatar
2
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen52
And UCLA well... its all right but its in the heart of materialistic LA that I wanted to get away from
Yeah, but that's offset by the number of hot girls there.
__________________
2006 BMW 330i | TiAg | Gray - burl | Sport | Prem | Steptronic | AS
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #59
Enroutte
Private First Class
Enroutte's Avatar
32
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laplacian
If anything, UCLA is underrated. The students are very competitive and the professors have high expectations (relative to the discipline, of course). UCLA is snubbed by the ranking system because it is a public school. Berkley (public) is excellent also, better than their ranking suggests. U$C (private), on the other hand, wins a national championship and all of sudden turns into a good school. I don't think so.

Not that I'm biased or anything.

(If you meant that the UCLA experience is overrated, that's your opinion and it could be true for you. Everyone has different priorities and some people learn more in different environments. You should choose your school partially based on where you think you'd learn better and have the better experience.)

I think USC is overrated too.

Personally, I still think UCLA is overrated. Everyone and their mom wants to get into UCLA. Granted, it's a good school, but everyone know who applied there, have never even toured the school. They just applied because "it's UCLA" and apparently, thats the THING to do. I just feel that everyone I know applied to UCLA for the wrong reasons.

You know what school I feel is underrated? UC Davis. Davis does NOT get enough credit. Same for Irvine. They're both really good schools but are rarely talked about. They're both overlooked somteimes.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #60
Enroutte
Private First Class
Enroutte's Avatar
32
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: ;D
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Undecided.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laplacian
Yeah, but that's offset by the number of hot girls there.
psh! i dont want to go there then. illl have to compete with other girls.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 02:34 PM   #61
sdorn
Lieutenant
sdorn's Avatar
8
Rep
491
Posts

Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINALDS
Congrats!

Damn, I wish I was "just" going to college. Now, I get to sit behind a computer all farking day.

Have fun because life after college - work - sucks.
That's the truth. I decided to go back to law school at night four years ago, but it is nothing like being in college. All I do is work my ass off either at work or for school. Back in college was the best time of my life by far. Definitely enjoy it while you can. Don't try and rush through and finish early. Stretch it out to five years. Get a double major. Consider going on to grad school immediately following undergrad. Delay entering the work force as long as possible!!
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite 535i
2009 Land Rover LR2
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (SOLD)
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 03:08 PM   #62
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
BellasBmw's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
1,733
Posts

Drives: Tit Silver 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: San Diego, Ca

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
That's the truth. I decided to go back to law school at night four years ago, but it is nothing like being in college. All I do is work my ass off either at work or for school. Back in college was the best time of my life by far. Definitely enjoy it while you can. Don't try and rush through and finish early. Stretch it out to five years. Get a double major. Consider going on to grad school immediately following undergrad. Delay entering the work force as long as possible!!
I would love to extend it as long as possible, however, ive been doing that already hahaa .Im 22, i need to bust my ass and get going.. i HAVE to finish asap. But kat- take your time..
__________________
~*~BellasBmw~*~
Proud mama to 325i/TiAg/Black lette/Pwr seats/Sirius/Sport/Walnut/Step/Xenons/Chrome exhaust/20% tint
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 03:14 PM   #63
sdorn
Lieutenant
sdorn's Avatar
8
Rep
491
Posts

Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I would love to extend it as long as possible, however, ive been doing that already hahaa .Im 22, i need to bust my ass and get going.. i HAVE to finish asap. But kat- take your time..

22 is nothing. You can stay in college until you are at least 25, maybe even 28 if you play your cards right. I knew someone when I was in school that had three undergraduate degrees, a master's degree, and was working on a second master's degree. She had been going to college for like 8 years straight. I am telling you, stay in college as long as you can. Life doesn't get any better that that.
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite 535i
2009 Land Rover LR2
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (SOLD)
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #64
RINALDS
Private First Class
RINALDS's Avatar
1
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: 325 xi
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdorn
I am telling you, stay in college as long as you can.
Yes, definitely do.

I never believed it when people told me that. I always replied, " you just get up go to work and you are done with it. No homework, papers, reports, groupwork." I was so very wrong. I really wished I had stayed in school. Then I thought about law school. Now I'm stuck at work everyday.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #65
sdorn
Lieutenant
sdorn's Avatar
8
Rep
491
Posts

Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINALDS
I always replied, " you just get up go to work and you are done with it. No homework, papers, reports, groupwork." I was so very wrong.
No kidding. Unless you get a job at McDonald's or Wal-Mart, you are going to take your work with you everywhere. I have more homework now than I ever did in school. My whole life is work. You go in on the weekends and at night. It is constantly on you. Plus, once you start working, it is next to impossible to go back to school. As soon as you start getting regular monthly bills, it is all over.
__________________
2008 Sparkling Graphite 535i
2009 Land Rover LR2
2003 Porsche 911 Turbo (SOLD)
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #66
Laplacian
Private First Class
Laplacian's Avatar
2
Rep
182
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enroutte
I think USC is overrated too.

Personally, I still think UCLA is overrated. Everyone and their mom wants to get into UCLA. Granted, it's a good school, but everyone know who applied there, have never even toured the school. They just applied because "it's UCLA" and apparently, thats the THING to do. I just feel that everyone I know applied to UCLA for the wrong reasons.

You know what school I feel is underrated? UC Davis. Davis does NOT get enough credit. Same for Irvine. They're both really good schools but are rarely talked about. They're both overlooked somteimes.
I don't know anything about Davis, but the caliber of students at UCI is not the same as a UCLA-type school. UCLA is a "B" level school--very good. It is not in the same class as Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Yale, MIT, etc. ("A" level), but it is just behind them and is among the best "B" level schools. UCI is definately not "B" level. Plus UCI has a repuation for cheaters (too bad because it is a decent school as you said).

You're right about it being the trendy school to apply to, though. In recent years it has become harder to get into UCLA than Berkley. I can see why, though: great weather, great location, big city with lots to do and good internship opportunities, and a good school. Arguably the best all-around package. Of course, if you get into Harvard it would certainly be worth it to go there and freeze your butt off.
__________________
2006 BMW 330i | TiAg | Gray - burl | Sport | Prem | Steptronic | AS
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST