E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > First BMW car with a 335I

03-02-2006, 06:29 AM   #1
maximinimaus
Lieutenant

Drives: 335 I Coupe

First BMW car with a 335I

First car with this new generation of engines will be announced in two months
and will be brought to market in a foreseeable timeframe.

This is my translation of following sentence, I read in a copy of the speech delivered by

Prof. Dr. Dr. E.h. Burkhard Göschel, Member of the Board of Directors of BMW AG

at the

BMW Group Pressekonferenz
76. Internationaler Auto-Salon Genf
Genf, 28. Februar 2006

This is the original sentence:
"Ein erstes Fahrzeug mit dieser neuen Motorengeneration werden wir Ihnen in
zwei Monaten ankündigen und in absehbarer Zeit auf den Markt bringen."

I downloaded the videofile of this conference and examined it for the above mentioned
sentence. But it was unspoken. I do not know why the copy differs from the delivered
speech. As I understand this, we have to wait two long months for official announcement
of a BMW car with a Bi-Turbo-Engine.
maximinimaus is offline   Germany
      03-02-2006, 07:14 AM   #2
BeemMeUp
Private First Class

Drives: BMW 330i

Translated:

Ladies and Gentlemen, also from my side cordially welcomely here with our press conference in Geneva. There are few automobile enterprises, with which the engine construction plays one as outstanding role as with the BMW Group. The name says everything actually already: BMW - those are the "Bavarian engines of works". In the center of our label name is located thus clearly to today valid core authority of BMW: the development and the building of engines. Already with the first BMWS aircraft engines set up engineers of height and long-distance records and this only two years after the establishment of the enterprise in the year 1916. Later BMWS of motorcycles - for example the speed record of Ernst Henne from the year 1937 - provided and starting from the 30's the automobiles for sensation. High performance and at the same time innovative engines always played a special role with us. They are thus an important component of our history. From the intensive occupation of BMW with the building from engines an unbelievable range at different engines arose. There is our 4 -, 6 -, 8 -, 10 or 12-Zylinder engines, always we offered optimal in each case engines to the customers. All are them a guarantor for the "joy in driving". And all are characterised by efficient dynamics. A today's engine of BMW must be characterised essentially by three characteristics - through • large sportyness • low weight and • high efficiency. That is the basic principle of the entire engine pallet of BMW, which we show here on our conditions in Geneva. Besides we place also some propulsion principles, which attain production stage shortly, as well as some winners of the recent engine competitions to you forwards. On the basis some examples I will show you, how we interconnect sportyness and efficiency. In the various engine pallet of BMW the row six cylinder takes a special position. Nearly 600,000 and thus more than 53 per cent all have in the year 2005 nevertheless sold BMW of vehicles a row six cylinder engine. By the building of six cylinder engines in series we differ clearly of the competition and have for it good reasons: The row engine is vibration-poorest under the six-cylinders the run-calmest and. Besides it has the highest Potenzial regarding consumption reduction and loading procedure. This is only due to "is called possible and cold side" of this engine principle, which gives it so only with the row engine - with BMW with six cylinders -. This clevere and sophisticated propulsion principle worked satisfactorily since 1923 - thus in the meantime for over 70 years - in BMW vehicles and also today still for a long time at the end of its possibilities did not concern. A prime example for efficiency and dynamics in our engine construction represents the 3.0 litres large and 265 HP strong row six cylinder suction engine. More achievement and reduced fuel consumption are with this engine the result of further developed fuel procedure and gas exchanges with VALVETRONIC. Besides this engine is the easiest of its class. With the crank case the combination of a magnesium coat and an aluminum INSERT was carried out for the first time. For fewer weights provide also the zylinderkopfhaube and the Bedplate from magnesium as well as the lightweight construction cam shafts. To the consumption reduction of approximately 10 per cent in the European Union test cycle contribute the full-variable valve gear VALVETRONIC, the double variable cam shaft control on the in and discharge opening side - called with BMW "BIVANOS" -, the electrical coolant pump as well as the regulated oil pump. The coupling of consumption and achievement broke through thus with this engine in sensational way. The most current example is the new Reihensechszylinder Bi turbo- engine, which celebrates its world premiere here in Geneva. In it is a maximum of sportyness. The innovative engine with the direct injection system "High Precision Injection" offers highest driving power with an output of 306 HP and a maximum torque of 400 Nm. There is probably no other engine of this performance class on the market, which is so easy and as compact as our new turbo engine. In the process of the 100-jaehrigen turbo-history BMW set milestones in the development again and again. In Europe the turbo-technology held 1973 introduction for the first time into the quantity production in the BMW 2002 turbo. End of the 1960er years was already BMW the first manufacturer, that inserted turbo engines use route car racing. As the first turbo-vehicle 1983 a BMW Brabham, steered from the Brazilian Nelson Piquet, won the Formel-1-Weltmeisterschaft. Turbo-technology has thus in our enterprise tradition of many years and a successful. Since turbo however long time was connected with a high increased consumption, we have regarding rising fuel prices and preservation of resources some time consciously on this technology does without. By the large characteristics of the Reihensechszylinder Bi turbo- engine - the direct injection system "High Precision Injection", by BIVANOS and by the innovative and high-heatproof materials from the space technology in the turbocharger - the turbo-loading is sufficient again for the requirements of BMW. This engine possesses two small turbochargers, which an excellent Responseverhalten makes possible. The typical "turbo-hole" - that moment, which passes, until the loader takes up its work-promoting effect - belongs hereby to the past. This engine is spontaneous and drives like a large suction engine, however by far less fuel needs. All these components mentioned guarantee a maximum of dynamics and efficiency with the Reihensechszylinder Bi turbo- engine. By "High Precision Injection" and BIVANOS the burn one optimizes and secures in such a way with the turbo engine very high achievement with small consumption. Our row six cylinder loaded with turbo witnesses from the efficiency of the basic concept of our outstanding and often distinguished row six-cylinder. A first vehicle with this new engine generation we will announce and in foreseeable time on the market will bring to you in two months. "High Precision Injection" is also the fundamental technology, with which Group advances the BMWS as one of the first manufacturers the lean direct injection of the second generation. Piezo injection nozzles guarantee an high-efficient, jet-led lean burn. That is connected with a further consistent consumption advantage for the customer. For this we already gave you in our exhibit of the X3 Efficient dynamic drive a first reference. Naturally the topic Diesel technology steps Ladies and Gentlemen, with the keyword "efficiency" and "small consumption" on the plan. Due to the low fuel consumption and the very good road performance the diesel engined vehicles are in Europe on successful courses. Also with the topic "exhaust subsequent treatment" large progress could be registered in recent past among other things by the Diesel particle filters. Due to these progress now also the Diesel technology in the USA is established. There it applies to accept the challenges of the NOx values. Owing to the German automobile industry for the moment in the USA a valuable contribution is made for pollutant reduction with diesel engined vehicles. However it concerns with the technologies, which at present are on the market, only temporary solutions. If Group with Diesel occurs the BMWS the US-American market, then only with a lasting solution, how her the exhaust subsequent treatment by SCR technology - which is the catalytic NOx subsequent treatment by urea - ensures. The NOx content is drastically reduced by these SCR catalysts and the pollutant output as well as the particle filter is reduced to an absolute minimum. However still another some piece way before us lies to this trend-setting technology will have perfectly developed. Already the past Diesels claimant row six cylinder engines of BMW make this clear: Since we brought first in the eighties on the market, our diesel engines mark again and again the point in the competition, if it concerns efficiency and sporty cultivationness. We showed the great potential, which is straight in the Diesel row six cylinder, with the introduction the variable twin turbo technology before two years. With no other design such a high power density would be so favourably convertible. We will use this technology as further only manufacturer soon also in other model rows. Basis for the futurable diesel engines of the mark BMW will likewise be the row six cylinder. It makes the employment for the trailblazing BMW possible variable twin turbo technology in connection with emission reduction concepts in particularly space saving way. Ladies and Gentlemen, you see: Row six cylinder play a lifted out role within the pallet of the BMWS engines. Thus it is almost a matter of course that also the Z4 M Coupé, which we present here today is equipped with a row six cylinder. It is with its often price-crowned 3.2 litres M engine and its 343 HP a parade copy at dynamics, driving fun and sportyness. The 250 km/h fast sports cars with the efficient chassis sprintet in only 5.0 seconds of zero on 100 km/h. The BMW Z4 M Coupé is a sports car for completely special moments. Compromise lot, puristic and extraordinarily high performance. Obtain the experience of genuine dynamics in everyday life traffic just like on the racing course. But now it is time, Ladies and Gentlemen to present you this unusual sports car: The BMW Z4 M Coupé, which celebrates its world premiere now here in Geneva.

E90 330i / SG / Biege / Burl / ZPP / Heated Seats / Steptronic / CA / PDC / ACC / iDrive / Sirius-prep
BeemMeUp is offline   United_States
      03-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #3
kdan
Private First Class

Drives: e46 coupe

can somebody read this and tell me the important stuff?
      03-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
BeemMeUp
Private First Class

I know what ya mean..

E90 330i / SG / Biege / Burl / ZPP / Heated Seats / Steptronic / CA / PDC / ACC / iDrive / Sirius-prep
      03-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #5
sdorn
Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 Jet Black 325i

Yeah, could the guy edit it and make some paragraphs out of it? I can't even keep my place trying to read it.
2006 Jet Black 325i (SOLD)
2001 Bullitt Mustang (450rwhp - SOLD)
      03-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
imageWIS
Audi Roamer…

Drives: 06' Audi A4 2.0T

Send a message via AIM to imageWIS
Smile

Ah yes, the multi ‘Zylinder’ engines…

Jon.

Sucker love is heaven sent.
You pucker up, our passion’s spent.
My hearts a tart, your body’s rent.
My body’s broken, yours is spent.
      03-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
maximinimaus
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdan
this is the important stuff:

""First car with this new generation of engines will be announced in two months
and will be brought to market in a foreseeable timeframe.""

That means: You have to wait another 2 month until official announcement.
      03-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
maximinimaus
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeemMeUp

I know what ya mean..
can You please tell me what ya mean?
Your smilies are really, really very funny.
Indeed, congratulations!
      03-02-2006, 11:06 AM   #9
vladinecko
Brigadier General

Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdan
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
vladinecko is offline   United_States
      03-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #10
sleepermax
Private

Drives: 330i TiAg MT SP

"A prime example for efficiency and dynamics in our engine construction represents the 3.0 litres large and 265 HP strong row six cylinder " ....265HP for the current 330i engine? Was that just a typo?
      03-02-2006, 01:31 PM   #11
BeemMeUp
Private First Class

Hey, I just translated the darn thing for those who can't read German. Yeah, it's a tad bit long. I guess I should have summarized it a bit, but my head was starting to hurt. Sorry...

03-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #12
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict

Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximinimaus
First car with this new generation of engines will be announced in two months
and will be brought to market in a foreseeable timeframe.
2 months would be just in time for the NY Auto Show. I'll be there.
JackMac is offline   Scotland