E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > On their way to the Premiership?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
On their way to the Premiership?

Being honest, I am not a football fan by any means, but you'd have to be deaf and blind not to be able to 'taste' the atmosphere in Hull at the moment in readiness for Wembley on Saturday. The city is buzzing and flags are flying everywhere. It's like the build up to a derby match for FC v Rovers.

Anyhow, all you football pundits out there, what do you think are the chances of The Tigers going all the way and moving up to the Premiership League?
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
booforty
Major General
 
booforty's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK

Posts: 8,813
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Helen, I'm a Bristol City fan by the way and I will be at Wembley cheering on the Robins.

Its an exciting day out for both teams and it will be a phenomenal achievement for whoever wins. No one expected City or Hull to be in this position and they have both exceeded all expectations. Last night was just a warm up game for the main event on Saturday... May the best team win!
booforty is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 02:35 PM   #3
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Oh cool, you're going! Yes I agree, may the best team win.

Saw a bit of last nights 'marathon', you couldn't have written the script on that game! One of the blokes at work is from Stevenage and is a MASSIVE Chelsea fan, three of the local blokes are big Man Utd fans. I bumped into them all in the staff restaurant, well actually I heard them walking down the corridor. Life and death, or is it passion.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Snooky
Major
 
Snooky's Avatar
 
Drives: Q5 S Line Plus; 208 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livingston, Scotland

Posts: 1,164
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Oh cool, you're going! Yes I agree, may the best team win.

Saw a bit of last nights 'marathon', you couldn't have written the script on that game! One of the blokes at work is from Stevenage and is a MASSIVE Chelsea fan, three of the local blokes are big Man Utd fans. I bumped into them all in the staff restaurant, well actually I heard them walking down the corridor. Life and death, or is it passion.
Well BB, I have been up for 40 consecutive hours now having attended the match in Moscow last evening. I am a Man Utd fan so am absolutely ecstatic if exhausted. Tremendous amosphere in the stadium and a great game that had all the drama such an occasion deserved.

It is really refreshing to see Hull and Bristol City fighting out for a place in the premiership. My other team is Livingston where I have a season ticket and Jame McAllister (now Bristol) wil forever have a place in our hearts from his time at the club, and in particular, his performance in the final of the 2004 Scotish League Cup.

May the best team win and Ihope whoever that is manages to survive next year.
Snooky is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
booforty
Major General
 
booforty's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK

Posts: 8,813
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I know some people live and breathe football. Last night certainly had plenty of talking points for offices up and down the country!
booforty is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #6
booforty
Major General
 
booforty's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK

Posts: 8,813
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooky View Post
Well BB, I have been up for 40 consecutive hours now having attended the match in Moscow last evening. I am a Man Utd fan so am absolutely ecstatic if exhausted. Tremendous amosphere in the stadium and a great game that had all the drama such an occasion deserved.

It is really refreshing to see Hull and Bristol City fighting out for a place in the premiership. My other team is Livingston where I have a season ticket and Jame McAllister (now Bristol) wil forever have a place in our hearts from his time at the club, and in particular, his performance in the final of the 2004 Scotish League Cup.

May the best team win and Ihope whoever that is manages to survive next year.

Wow what an experience to have actually been in the ground Snooky!!

Congratulations!!

Jamie has been superb this season and a great asset for City. I'm getting excited for Saturday now...
booforty is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooky View Post
Well BB, I have been up for 40 consecutive hours now having attended the match in Moscow last evening. I am a Man Utd fan so am absolutely ecstatic if exhausted. Tremendous amosphere in the stadium and a great game that had all the drama such an occasion deserved.

It is really refreshing to see Hull and Bristol City fighting out for a place in the premiership. My other team is Livingston where I have a season ticket and Jame McAllister (now Bristol) wil forever have a place in our hearts from his time at the club, and in particular, his performance in the final of the 2004 Scotish League Cup.

May the best team win and Ihope whoever that is manages to survive next year.
Bet it was fantastic Snooky!! I've heard it said that us Brits have a reputation for creating some of the most electric atmospheres at sporting events and pop concerts.

I've left KC Stadium a few times with a very sore throat having watched rugby matches, but the atmosphere is always intoxicating.

Think you'll sleep well tonight.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #8
tinka
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 2.0d M SPORT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 267
iTrader: (0)

as a neutral i would like to see either team go up,but you have to take your hat of to bristol city,for getting to a play off final in their first season in the championship.

and im just hoping that gillingham can survive in league 2.
tinka is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #9
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
 
Drives: Porsche 944
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Derbyshire

Posts: 3,573
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Well I know nothing about football but being a Derby girl, perhaps my whole county knows nothing about football either ...
__________________
"FIRE UP THA PORRSCHAAH" - The 80's are back!

Front Engined Porsche
Porscha! is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #10
DervFan
Captain
 
DervFan's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East of England, UK

Posts: 730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinka View Post
as a neutral i would like to see either team go up,but you have to take your hat of to bristol city,for getting to a play off final in their first season in the championship.
It's all acadamic really Whoever goes up this season will be relegated next season Might as well give them the TV royalty cash now and save them the trouble
__________________
E91 325d /// M Sport Touring | Titanium Silver | Black Dakota Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | 18" 193M Wheels
6-Speed Manual | Cruise Control | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Professional Radio with MP3 | Rear PDC | Sun Protection Glass
DervFan is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #11
scooba0010
Colonel
 
scooba0010's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 2,197
iTrader: (1)

+1
scooba0010 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #12
Snooky
Major
 
Snooky's Avatar
 
Drives: Q5 S Line Plus; 208 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livingston, Scotland

Posts: 1,164
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booforty View Post
Wow what an experience to have actually been in the ground Snooky!!

Congratulations!!

Jamie has been superb this season and a great asset for City. I'm getting excited for Saturday now...
Cheers BF. It was fantastic. Good luck for Sat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Bet it was fantastic Snooky!! I've heard it said that us Brits have a reputation for creating some of the most electric atmospheres at sporting events and pop concerts.

I've left KC Stadium a few times with a very sore throat having watched rugby matches, but the atmosphere is always intoxicating.

Think you'll sleep well tonight.
Slept like a baby last night BB and it may take another couple of nights to get back to normal. Us Irish helped to make that atmosphere in the stadium too but you are totally correct! the noise from both sets of fans (and, to be fair, the Russian neutrals around us got stuck in too) was amazing.
Snooky is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #13
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Bloody hell, an Irishman living in Scotland, supports an English football team and has just been to Moscow. Confused - yep.

Glad you enjoyed it.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
Snooky
Major
 
Snooky's Avatar
 
Drives: Q5 S Line Plus; 208 Gti
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Livingston, Scotland

Posts: 1,164
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Bloody hell, an Irishman living in Scotland, supports an English football team and has just been to Moscow. Confused - yep.

Glad you enjoyed it.
That about sums it up BB!!!!

I grew up on a farm in the west coast of Ireland where everyone supported either Liverpool, Arsenal or Man Utd (no local football you see). My big bro was a Utd fan so I had no choice in the matter! All my mates supported Liverpool which was understandable as they were well on top when I was growing up.

Living in Scotland because I met my darling Scottish wife at Uni and would have followed her just about anywhere. My two children are also Scottish so I guess I am here for good.

And you know why I was in Moscow - that needs no explaining!
Snooky is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 03:45 AM   #15
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
 
CD's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England (north)

Posts: 1,178
iTrader: (0)

hmm another north vs south game, im not a football fan at all ... but i am a northener good luck to Hull City today, hope you do it for the area
__________________

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
CD is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:11 AM   #16
DervFan
Captain
 
DervFan's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW (E91) 325d M Sport Touring
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East of England, UK

Posts: 730
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Well done to Hull, I bet the atmosphere around the city and up the Cott Road is electric
__________________
E91 325d /// M Sport Touring | Titanium Silver | Black Dakota Leather | Brushed Aluminium Trim | 18" 193M Wheels
6-Speed Manual | Cruise Control | Bluetooth | Heated Seats | Professional Radio with MP3 | Rear PDC | Sun Protection Glass
DervFan is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #17
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
 
CD's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England (north)

Posts: 1,178
iTrader: (0)

well chuffed for Hull

the atmosphere tonight will be pretty sweet

so are you from the area then DF ?
__________________

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
CD is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #18
beemerbird
Major General
 
beemerbird's Avatar
 
Drives: Merc diesel
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Yorkshire

Posts: 7,953
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DervFan View Post
Well done to Hull, I bet the atmosphere around the city and up the Cott Road is electric
Yeah DervFan, were you at Uni in Hull then? Won't just be Cott Road - will be City Centre, Old Town, the Marina area, Princes Ave & Beverley Road. Extra bouncers have already been deployed around the pubs & clubs in Hull for tonight - can't imagine the Hull lot being aggressive for one minute .

'C'mon ye 'ull'!! Can't believe it - well chuffed for Dean Windass and Nick Barmby the local lads. Managed to watch the match near Halifax way on, 6 of us including an avid Arsenal supporter are SO pleased. It means alot to the City in many ways. Good game and Bristol played well overall with alot of possession and goal attempts but Hull's defending was excellent. Looks like Hull now has a trio of good teams, 2 rugby and now football.
beemerbird is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #19
scooba0010
Colonel
 
scooba0010's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 2,197
iTrader: (1)

Enjoy

Make the most of it ,because in my opinion you will be hurting like the derby fans come the new season .It isnt much fun going to watch your team get hammered by the likes of the big guns .I bet the bookies all ready have you as favourite to go straight back down .
scooba0010 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #20
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
 
CD's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: England (north)

Posts: 1,178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post
Make the most of it ,because in my opinion you will be hurting like the derby fans come the new season .It isnt much fun going to watch your team get hammered by the likes of the big guns .I bet the bookies all ready have you as favourite to go straight back down .
thats right a bit of good old optimism
__________________

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
CD is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2008, 03:00 PM   #21
scooba0010
Colonel
 
scooba0010's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 2,197
iTrader: (1)

Reality im afraid .Ask poor old avram grant about the expectations of premiership clubs and chairmen .
scooba0010 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #22
tinka
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E90 2.0d M SPORT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 267
iTrader: (0)

its all about yesterday imo,if they stay up or not(lets not forget wigan and reading)they will never forget the feeling of winning the play off,oh and the 60million they may get,but well done hull.
tinka is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST