E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > The complete E90 problems tracking thread

07-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #111
joe704
Registered

Drives: 320D

have the same problem, there is a ring behind the steering wheel that connects all the steering wheel buttons to the computer, it ahs a dry joint, to solve the problem temporarily adjust the reach of your steering wheel
      07-22-2008, 10:02 AM   #112
joe704
Registered

Drives: 320D

-----------------------------------------------------------

Model:320d Sport
Automatic transmission (yes/no):N
I-Drive (yes/no):N
Active Steering (yes/no):N
Comfort Access (yes/no):N

Problem description:

I have had many problems here is the list

turbo lag that goes away after ignition turned on / off ( new turbo fitted)
headlight shaking (new headlights fitted)
Subwoofer under passenger seat distorting at high speed (still not sorted)
Bubbles on run-flat tires

Conclusion

I love my car and even though its given me my fair share of issues, its still the best brand and no other car feels like a bmw and the after sales service at my dealer rules.
      08-02-2008, 02:14 AM   #113
barabas
Enlisted Member

Drives: e90 330iA titanium silver

Model:330iA
Automatic transmission (yes/no):Y
I-Drive (yes/no):Y
Comfort Access (yes/no):Y

noise from hot brakes, at low speed
noise from steering wheel
noise from ventilation, if a/c on or off, its the standard fan

im gettin crazy...
brake pads will be changed soon, so i hope that my mechanic will fix also somehow this other stuff...

any idea about tiny kitten noise from steering wheel? column? or rack(whats a rack?maybe someone has a part code of it?)
and what could be the ventialtion noise? if i turn it completly off, its gone, if i set it to a higher level, its quicker, so it should be the fan?

update: 23-Aug-2008
noise from steering wheel is gone, it was enough just to change a little bit the position of the steering wheel
brake pads were replace today, so i will see if the noise comes back...

Last edited by barabas; 08-23-2008 at 10:09 AM.
barabas is offline   Slovakia
      08-23-2008, 12:24 AM   #114
Xsilly
Private

Drives: 07 335i, 11 X6

Model: e90 330ci (2005)
Automatic transmission (yes/no): YES
I-Drive (yes/no): No
Active Steering (yes/no): No
Comfort Access (yes/no): No

Problem description: After taking it to the dealer, when i accelerate and take my foot off the pedal the RPMS are still revving high and doesnt stop unless i rev it up again.
Xsilly is offline   United_States
      08-26-2008, 06:09 AM   #115
bobbylechat

Drives: Sparkling Graphite E90 330d

Model: e90 330d (2006)
Automatic transmission (yes/no): No
I-Drive (yes/no): Yes
Active Steering (yes/no): Yes

(First let me apologize if i make some mistakes, english is not my mother tongue.)
I have a really annoying problem that has turned out to be permanent now. My trunk gets locked and i'm unable to open it.... Even with the key itself.
I have to load the car from the inside.....
I have the "electronic" sound of the locking system but it's locked.
has anyone experienced this problem or heard of anything about it? A friend of mine who works at BMW France told me he had never heard of that.

Thank you very much for any help
bobbylechat is offline   France
      09-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #116
nickE90
Registered

Drives: 320D E90 body style

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziv View Post
so no one has had this on their E90? I have a 330i with sports:

* drive on the highway
* accelerate past 85MPH (please, you'll survive, trust me)
* do you hear a whistling sound coming from the air vents?
* it's as if side-wind is making this noise... Really annoying.

Didn't want to take the car to the dealer because I didn't think they could easily track and fix it.

Any ideas?

Whistling sound could be coming from the vents but it has nothing to do with your air con. The more you rev up the engine louder it gets. If you still hear the swishing sound after you turn off the climate control all together, it is defiantly a leak in the air inlet hose. The hose has a outside sensor plugged into it that locks by turning right. This sensor has a tendency of coming off or getting loose and the air starts leaking from that one-inch hole. This sensor has a two prom plug with it and is 4-5 in length. I hope this would solve your problem
nickE90 is offline   India
      11-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #117
bigaizsosexy
Private First Class

Drives: e90, 330i

e90 problem

323i
Auto
Idrive- yes

Cars gas guage seems to flicker once in awhile while putting the key in the car to start..... ANY SOLUTIONS?
      11-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #118
stressdoc

Drives: F80 YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickE90 View Post
Whistling sound could be coming from the vents but it has nothing to do with your air con. The more you rev up the engine louder it gets. If you still hear the swishing sound after you turn off the climate control all together, it is defiantly a leak in the air inlet hose. The hose has a outside sensor plugged into it that locks by turning right. This sensor has a tendency of coming off or getting loose and the air starts leaking from that one-inch hole. This sensor has a two prom plug with it and is 4-5 in length. I hope this would solve your problem
No he was describing the A-pillar whistle from the plastic filler tube that slots in the rain gutter. I think we got it fixed a couple years ago. They changed the design of the tube late 2006 -- but I don't think there is a SIB on it. Capping one end of the tube with a tiny piece of tape fixes it.
stressdoc is offline   Dominica
      11-30-2008, 11:39 PM   #119
prototyp
Second Lieutenant

Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [5.00]
Model: 2006 330i (build April 2005)
Automatic transmission (yes/no): No
I-Drive (yes/no): No
Active Steering (yes/no): Yes

Problem descriptions:

Steering-wheel lock failure, at 44k miles started once a month for about 2 months, after which it has become several times a week... (phoning SA for fix asap...)

Alternator whine present in speaker system, more pronounced when the engine is cold (more alternator load charging after a cold start?). Stereo on/off makes no difference.

Driver's door speakers not working. Found that a gentle push on the door panel in the area between the speakers will get them working again temporarily. Broken wires? Faulty crossover?

Rear brakes squeaking at low speeds after duration of heavy stop/start traffic.

Rattling sunroof. Tedious...

Rattling/ticking rear shelf (fixed it myself through major disassembly and felt tape. Hurrah.)

Rattling/ticking center console radio/HVAC unit (made a bunch of different hooks and tools, still can't get the *&#^ing A/C controls out... have to have the SA do it)
      12-19-2008, 10:06 AM   #120
TNICS
TNICS

Drives: E91 330 XDA 2008

Model: 330 E91 XDA
X-Drive (YES/NO) Y

Problem description:

When closing the luggage compartment door, 4 out of 10 times it will not catch, and i have to open it again...

Biggest worry - when driving in very wet conditions on the highway with more than 140 km/t - with "spray" comming up from your own and other's wheels - first time braking (not heavily) the car sort of will not decide which wheel that should start the braking, so the car moves from one side to another - ough its irritating and I'm about to lose the confidence in the car!
If you immidiately after again use the brakes, everything functions normally...
After a couple minutes driving it repats itself - if any has a solution or any good advices, i'm more than willing to listen.
2 diff BMW workshops has checked the brakes - and they are OK, and functioning very well in the dry!

Perhaps something with the "keep-dry" function - but nobody knows apparantly at BMW...

Tommy
TNICS is offline   Sweden
      12-20-2008, 06:40 PM   #121
alongdaway
Enlisted Member

Drives: e90 335i

Model: 335i e90
X-Drive (YES/NO) N

Where should I start. Extremely unimpressed with the quality of a 50k automobile.

Here are the major problems I have had so far. I wont mention the little things.

Problem#1: Fuel pump failure. (cause long crank times and jittery starts)
Problem #2: Power steering failure (battery light came on and power steering went out)
Problem #3: Power steering failure AGAIN! (battery light cam on and power steering went out) I was without a car for a week for them to resolve it the second time.
Problem 4: DSC light came on and brake light cam on (must be a sensor or something) This was a week after they repaired the power steering. Hmmm.

Overall I like the car to be honest. Its very fun to drive and has a lot of power. One thing though, how come they wont change my oil every 3-4k miles. Very dissapointed, its either wait till the service light comes on or pay for an oil change. That in my mind does not constitue 4yr 50k free maintenance. Oh well. Thanks for listenening to me vent.

alongdaway is offline   United_States
      01-13-2009, 04:40 PM   #122
Blue335i
Blue335i

Drives: Blue 335i Sedan

Transmission Leak

Model: 335i e90
Active Steering (yes/no):Y
X-Drive (YES/NO) N

Also; 2 HPFP replaced, Dealer installed Oil Cooler, oil pan gasket, now; Oil is leaking at front of engine near the Oil pump, filer housing and transmission is leaking. My mechanic found these while he was about to work on the car. He stopped, I called, bring in tomorrow.

Any one else with AT that leaked?
      02-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #123
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Model: 335i e93 2008
X-Drive (YES/NO) N

Flutter: they say it is not there
Convertible leak: seals replaced, seals filled with rubber silicone gue, hey say keep bringing it in, we will fix it one day, they think
      02-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #124
cmpark
Registered

Drives: 2006 325i

Thumbs down Gear shift shock

Model: 325i e90
Comfort Access (yes/no):N
X-Drive (YES/NO) N

Problem: Whether in agressive or gentle acceleration, the gear shifts often get delayed or kick in with very uncomfortable shock that is strong enough to yank passengers. Sometimes, rpm would surge followed by the rough gear shifting in spite of consistent pressure put on the accelerator pedal.

I once had my car checked at the dealer, but they got back to me saying just "No issue found. Everything is ok". Has anyone ever had the same issue? I love this car, but it makes me quite nervous until it reaches to the speed to cruise on.
      02-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #125
dongbimmer

Drives: 2006 325I

All door lock not working. Only the driver door can be opened with the key. Sending it in next Monday.

Second thought, this situation could be a safty issue since all passenger could be trapped if happened during an accident.
      02-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #126
Dark_Sub_Rosa
Captain

Drives: Not sure

Model: 335i E92
Automatic transmission (yes/no):N
X-Drive (YES/NO) N

Problem: 11k miles on the Odo and HPFP went out. Dealer replaced today. We'll see how it goes. I also have had the RFT bubble issue. Won't be running those any more.
      02-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #127
add1cted2
ONE Lap, One Stroke, ONE Stride closer...

Drives: 2009 335i Alpine White-Sport

Model: 335i
Automatic transmission (yes/no):Yes
I-Drive (yes/no):No
Active Steering (yes/no):No
Comfort Access (yes/no):No

High Pressure Fuel Pump had failed three times, all during traffic. The car just died, lost power, braking and streering.

I'm looking to get the car "lemon-ed"
add1cted2 is offline   United_States
      02-05-2009, 10:50 AM   #128
xequal

Drives: '06 e90 320d

Send a message via Skype™ to xequal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziv View Post
so no one has had this on their E90? I have a 330i with sports:

* drive on the highway
* accelerate past 85MPH (please, you'll survive, trust me)
* do you hear a whistling sound coming from the air vents?
* it's as if side-wind is making this noise... Really annoying.

Didn't want to take the car to the dealer because I didn't think they could easily track and fix it.

Any ideas?

I also get this wining sound when driving 120+ km/h. It stops if you press the circulation button that shut off external air from coming into the car.

Sounds like wind being forced into the car, and somewhere there's something in the way, causing the wining. My dealer cant fix it. They just pull their shoulders.
      02-17-2009, 12:18 AM   #129
GregLopez
The X uh Q Shin R

Drives: 2006 330i Premium/Sport

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
UPDATE After Service Feb 27th 2009

Model: e90/330i
Automatic transmission (yes/no):Yes
Active Steering (yes/no):No
Comfort Access (yes/no):No

Problem description(s):

1) Drivers Door Pull Blistering & Peeling (Replaced Under Warranty)

2) Steering Wheel Squeaks at times (especially when it is cool outside) At Dealer Now.

Dealer Service States They could not replicate the noise, However as I left the dealership and got fuel the noice was there so I called them up and let them listen to it over the cars bluetooth.
The SA heard it and they are saying that it could be several things so I have to make another appointment to bring it back in for service.

3) Sun/Moon Roof Quit Working - Reset Tips Did not work - At Dealer Now

They Replaced the headliner switch assembly PN: 61-31-9-197-781 Reprogrammed DME, Reprogram Sunroof,. Sunroof is now working, However now I have no Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror, My Homelink (3 buttons) for remotes do not work, and the digital compass will not light up!

4) Headlamps Bounce all over the place when driving - At Dealer Now

They Installed the Brackets for the headlamps..Much Better! PN: 51-11-7-148-179 & PN: 51-11-7-148-180
5) Passenger Door Pull Now Peeling - At Dealer Now

Replaced Interior Passenger Door Handle covered under warranty PN:51-41-6-971-292

6) Blue Tooth Looses its Pairing Several Times A Day - At Dealer Now

Pairing Conflict. Bluetooth Device List Corrupted, No Applicable Faults Stored. Delet Devices, Allow Most Bus to assume Sleep Mode.

7) Intermitant "Jolt" at quick accelleration - This Has Been Happening after a software update this past July 2008 when they did service and programmed the DTRL & Auto Door Locks - At Dealer Now

Dealer could not verify jolt. Reset EGS Adaptations. Car seems to respond better now.

Dealer Also Performed:

Standard Scope Maintenance

Brake Fluid Flush

Low Mileage Oil Service

I still Love This Car and do not have the desire to drive anything else Not Just Because its a BMW....But Because It's My F-ing BMW!

Last edited by GregLopez; 02-28-2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Update After Service Feb 27 2009
GregLopez is offline   United_States
      04-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #130
2008 323i
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335i E90 A22 sport pac

problem

2007 e90 328i
canada
man.
bought the car new first week tire light came on they checked it and it didn't happen again
4 times on 3m
5000km the engine had valve ticking did bleed down one week later happened again
replaced top end of engine
9700km 3 rd gear was gone you shift it it grinds is you coast for a bit then its fine
got them to give me a differnt car
2008 335i
manu. sports package
gas cap door will not shut, turbo (power) come and goes 3 times thus far
front drivers wheel once in a while like the control arm is lose
3 m pealing
2 night ago started the car a loud hum or stackit sound over the rear speaker
shut the car off it stayed on for 20min after the car was off
BMW does not make a good car
very let down. Im to the point to make them take it back or I will put sticker on my car with detail list of problems I have had so when its at the dealer other people will know how shitty service @ calgary bmw is and how bad these car are
2008 323i is offline   Canada
      04-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #131
inside
Registered

Drives: 2006 bmw e90

Model: 325i
Automatic transmission (yes/no):NO
Active Steering (yes/no):YES
Comfort Access (yes/no):NO

Problems:

-day one picked car up the jackass in back buffed it left swirl marks, back and forth from the dealer for 2 months, they made it worse and worse, they finally had it wet sanded and fixed.

-door handles were sticky, dealer had them all replaced

-tires started to feather dealer replaced them at 10,000 km

-steering column would lock, dealer replaced

-30,000km had valve timing sensor replaced, car wouldn't start.

-35,000 started car one morning, windshield wipers wouldn't turn off, doors wouldn't lock and alarm wouldn't work...turned car off wipers continued to work, finely burnt out wiper motor, dealership re programed car and replaced wiper motor.

-40,000km stitching in seat came apart, dealer replaced it, and at the same time had a wrestling match with the seat scratched the inner door panel and roof, didn't tell me, i saw it when i picked up the car..told them and they ordered more parts and fixed it.

-45,000km tie rod went on car- left it with dealer, they ordered new parts told me to pick up my car and come back when parts were in..got to BMW lot my car was parked out side with a huge dent in the front bumper, some jack ass there drove it into a curb and once again they didn't tell me i had to go in and complain..they repainted my bumper.

oh and car ticks once and awhile

Open Road BMW worst dealership in Canada
      04-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #132
dguzman70
Registered

Drives: 06 bmw 325

Power locks and Check engine light

2006 325i
The auto doorlocks are not working on the front passenger door and the check engine soon light is on. I took it into the shop and it read a super fine leak code which might be a gas cap I hope. I cant figure out what is wrong with the door locks though