E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Llumar vs. Huper Optik

03-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
beauderek
Radio boy

Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to beauderek
Llumar vs. Huper Optik

I know there are tons of threads on tints, but I haven't seen a direct comparison of these two. Is Huper Optik worth the extra money or is Llumar non-metallic the better choice. It's hard to find a tint shop that uses Huper Optik in the area.
Jet Black/Beige Leatherette/Manual/SP/Heated Seats/Rear Spoiler/BMW Performance Front Bumper and Side Skirts/M-Tech Rear Bumper with CF Diffuser/Euro headlights/Blackline taillights/Shadowline trim/Leather short shift knob/Style 216 Motorsport Wheels
      03-09-2006, 11:23 PM   #2
Arkansas3
Private First Class

Drives: 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
from what i've gathered, anything non-metallic will fade to purple over time. the only exception to that rule is a ceramic tint like huper optik or pinnacle.
      03-12-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
westcoaster
Private

Drives: black on black325i

i was told that if you the matellic one would mess up the radio signal and nav. dont know how true that is thats just wat the guy told me when i went and got mine tinted.
      03-12-2006, 01:38 AM   #4
3aficionado
Captain

Drives: 02 M3/RRover Super

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoaster
i was told that if you the matellic one would mess up the radio signal and nav. dont know how true that is thats just wat the guy told me when i went and got mine tinted.
Just a guess on this but metallic tint shouldnt interfere with nav since the GPS receiver is in the shark fin. The same goes for satellite radio. I think the terrestrial radio antennae is in the rear window so its possible there may be minor interference but it shouldnt be noticeable in any city. There have been mixed posts about whether metallic tints interfere with the distance of the remote/CA fob. But I havent heard of anyones remote/CA fob not working at all due to tinting. Maybe those with experience can share more.
3aficionado is offline   Italy
      03-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
mmeads
Private First Class

Drives:

Metallic *might* interfere with any radar dector you use. Ceramic -- no worries + great heat rejection.