E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Picking up new E90 Tomorrow...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
MoreCowbell's Avatar
United_States
76
Rep
1,639
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 e92 335 Jet Black-Saddle
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Picking up new E90 Tomorrow...

Any last minute advice?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #2
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
ashecnc's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
991
Posts

 
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Asheville, NC (mountains) Blue Ridge Parkway

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ashecnc Send a message via Yahoo to ashecnc
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluck75
Any last minute advice?
Take a valium before you go, you'll need it.... JK Congrats, take pics and let us know how it goes.
__________________

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
86
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Take a camera, check for any damage/scratches, take it on a thorough test drive before signing any papers, and ask for the warranty to be extended by however many miles is already on the car. i.e. 12 miles on the odometer = 50,012 miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 12:18 PM   #4
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
dont get too EMOTIONAL, look at what you re signing and watch out for those ridiculous fees. This is the time when the dealership sucker customers.
nonetheless ~! have fun!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 12:56 PM   #5
rss
Private
1
Rep
69
Posts

 
Drives: 320dSE Touring E91
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cambridge UK

iTrader: (0)

take your time, it's over all too quickly !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluck75
Any last minute advice?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
ben1364
Captain
9
Rep
943
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330iA
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgetown, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Take a camera, check for any damage/scratches, take it on a thorough test drive before signing any papers, and ask for the warranty to be extended by however many miles is already on the car. i.e. 12 miles on the odometer = 50,012 miles.


Don't you think the statement in bold print above is a bit much? I would think that the dealership would (1) think less of you and (2) refuse. You were joking, right?

Last edited by ben1364; 03-10-2006 at 01:01 PM. Reason: addition
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 01:00 PM   #7
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
86
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1364
[/b]

Don't you think the statement in bold print above is a bit much? I would think that the dealership would (1) think less of you and (2) refuse.
Nothing is a bit too much.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #8
0700700
Major
0700700's Avatar
Bulgaria
31
Rep
1,056
Posts

 
Drives: 745li / cls 55
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BG

iTrader: (0)

i think that when you have a 50k warranty asking for 12more is just childish but hey... your car
__________________
2007 CLS55 AMG / 2003 BMW 745Li
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 05:24 PM   #9
no_exit
Private First Class
no_exit's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: R 1150 R
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to no_exit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700
i think that when you have a 50k warranty asking for 12more is just childish but hey... your car
Agreed - seems very petty and wouldn't be worth ruining a nice delivery experience over something like that.
__________________
330i : Alpine White : Black Leather : Burl : PP : Step : CWP : CA : PDC : Sunshades : Sirius Prep
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #10
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
86
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

lol, I really don't see how that would ruin a delivery experience. I'm sure the salesman would be happy to oblige and do that in like 30 seconds. It's not like you're going to be like EXTEND MY WARRANTY MFs! OR I'LL WALK OUT!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #11
0700700
Major
0700700's Avatar
Bulgaria
31
Rep
1,056
Posts

 
Drives: 745li / cls 55
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BG

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
lol, I really don't see how that would ruin a delivery experience. I'm sure the salesman would be happy to oblige and do that in like 30 seconds. It's not like you're going to be like EXTEND MY WARRANTY MFs! OR I'LL WALK OUT!
and what if he says no ? you would look like an idiot
__________________
2007 CLS55 AMG / 2003 BMW 745Li
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #12
LakersFan
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
41
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Columbia,MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Take a camera, check for any damage/scratches, take it on a thorough test drive before signing any papers, and ask for the warranty to be extended by however many miles is already on the car. i.e. 12 miles on the odometer = 50,012 miles.
Well I thought that the warranty doesnt even start at 0 miles, i thought it starts at however many miles u recieve the car at, so if you sign for a car with 5 miles on it you will be covered 50,000 miles FROM 5, please correct me if i'm wrong
__________________
2006 325i
SG,Black Leather, Burl,ZPP,Heated Seats,PDC, Xenon, iDrive
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #13
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
86
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0700700
and what if he says no ? you would look like an idiot
Why would he say no to a little thing like that? He'd look stupid for jeopardizing the sale.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #14
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
86
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFan
Well I thought that the warranty doesnt even start at 0 miles, i thought it starts at however many miles u recieve the car at, so if you sign for a car with 5 miles on it you will be covered 50,000 miles FROM 5, please correct me if i'm wrong
lol, if that's correct everything I said was moot. Even though it wasn't a big deal to start off with...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #15
Hawkeye3
Private
Hawkeye3's Avatar
0
Rep
56
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i, sport
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Laker fan is correct. Even if it is a demo wiht 3K miles on it.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #16
no_exit
Private First Class
no_exit's Avatar
United_States
1
Rep
148
Posts

 
Drives: R 1150 R
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to no_exit
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Why would he say no to a little thing like that? He'd look stupid for jeopardizing the sale.
shimshimhada I usually agree with you on your posts, this just happens to be one where you are off base. I think (and others on this thread seem to agree) that you would look pretty silly asking for an extra 12 miles. Do you seriously think that if your car has a problem at 50,001 miles, that your dealer will not cover it under warranty? If you really think that having an extra 12 miles added to the warranty is going to make a big difference, more power to ya.

Sounds like this might be a good topic for a poll - "Would you ask for an extra 12 miles when you take delivery?"
__________________
330i : Alpine White : Black Leather : Burl : PP : Step : CWP : CA : PDC : Sunshades : Sirius Prep
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #17
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
86
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_exit
shimshimhada I usually agree with you on your posts, this just happens to be one where you are off base. I think (and others on this thread seem to agree) that you would look pretty silly asking for an extra 12 miles. Do you seriously think that if your car has a problem at 50,001 miles, that your dealer will not cover it under warranty? If you really think that having an extra 12 miles added to the warranty is going to make a big difference, more power to ya.

Sounds like this might be a good topic for a poll - "Would you ask for an extra 12 miles when you take delivery?"
You never know. Apparently, it doesn't really matter.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 11:02 PM   #18
0700700
Major
0700700's Avatar
Bulgaria
31
Rep
1,056
Posts

 
Drives: 745li / cls 55
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BG

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Why would he say no to a little thing like that? He'd look stupid for jeopardizing the sale.
i dont know. Most dealers in my experience have been quite bad especially around the little things
__________________
2007 CLS55 AMG / 2003 BMW 745Li
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST