E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Advice for New User

06-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #1
yiyiyi204
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: E92

Advice for New User

Hey guys, I have been reading this forum for 2 years now but I just finally registered because I am about to graduate from university this week and I am about to put an order in for a new 328i coupe!

I have been following the thread on how much people are paying for their cars and I am very new to all this since I have never bought a car or know anything about all those numbers and %. I was wondering if anyone can help break it down for me and explain to me what would be a good deal for me.

I am planning to put the order in in 2 weeks for a 3 Series 328i Coupe with these options:

Sports package
Saddle Brown leather
Steptronic
Navigation

This all adds up to a MSRP price of $42,500. I have read all the threads on getting it down to invoice price or $1000 or $500 above invoice. What would be a good deal for this price?

I live in the S. California area so the dealers are a plenty. Was wondering if anyone also had tips in talking the dealer down. Like exactly what are some of the things I should say to them to get them to bring the prices down. Haha.

This would be very helpful and would appreciate anyone who could offer some information and help. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep

Drives: X3

target to buy should be between 40 - 40500 plus doc,tax,title and license fee.If you're getting metallic paint,add 500.You might be able to get it for a little less if it's sitting on the lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
ATC330i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 335i e90 MT (on order)

A lot of it is just common sense and research. Email every dealer in your area stating specifically what you want. Include invoice price when listing options (so they know you are informed). Set a realistic price point that you're willing to accept. I would personally set $500 over invoice as the standard. Also, if you're leasing be very specific that the offer will include buy rate money factor and standard lease acquisition fee. Here is the email that I sent out to every dealership in the bay area (use this as guidance):

Hello There,

I will be special ordering a 335i coupe with options to include:

- metallic space grey exterior $430
- black dakota leather $1320
- sports package w/ 2R4 19" wheels w/ performance tires $1910
- comfort access $455

I am sending this email out to different dealers to obtain the most competitive offer. Would you please send me your offer at an above invoice price (options included). I would also be interested in using BMW financial services. Through online research (i.e. BMW forums), I am aware of the most competitive rates and hope that we can do business together. Thanks

John Hancock
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #4
EngIsWaitingOnHis335i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 335i

this is my car buying experience...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149666
335i Coupe | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | Gray Poplar wood trim | Premium Package | Sport Package |Active Steering | Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters | STEPTRONIC automatic transmission | Comfort Access system | Navigation system | HD radio | iPod and USB adapter | Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
yiyiyi204
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: E92

Great advice. Thank you. Especially the day by day breakdown
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2008, 01:04 AM   #6
nomarfuego
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 E92 335xi

Knowledge IS power. Utilize the internet and email to the fullest. As mentioned earlier, know the invoice prices (edmunds.com, cars.com, etc.). Research, research, research, and when YOU are satisfied with the numbers, pull the trigger, cowboy.

Happy hunting!