E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > why do i feel remorse!

06-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #1
EngIsWaitingOnHis335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

why do i feel remorse!

my car will be coming in 12 days i ordered a 335i coupe AW with black interior I'm so happy with the deal i got and how nice this car will be but it bothers me that i didn't get a 335i (e93) convertible. anyone got any good input to help me get this remorse off my shoulders? please help! tell me why the coupe is better then the convertible besides the price difference of around $9000 after finance.

i appreciate any input / feedback that anyone can give me.
335i Coupe | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | Gray Poplar wood trim | Premium Package | Sport Package |Active Steering | Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters | STEPTRONIC automatic transmission | Comfort Access system | Navigation system | HD radio | iPod and USB adapter | Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

U coulda had a V8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      06-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #3
325/528
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: pinto

It really comes down to what you'll get the most enjoyment out of and what you can afford comfortably. That being said, I'm in Indiana and my daily driver is a 528xi but I have an old 325 cabriolet for the summer. We really don't have enough good weather to justify a convertible (it's a 1995 and just turned 25,000 miles), but my daughters would kill me if I got rid of it, plus it's only worth maybe $12000 tops and is in perfect condition, so there's nothing that I could replace it with that would come close for that kind of cash.

Did you lease or buy? Either way, just enjoy it and if you want a convertible later, get one for your next car. I really doubt you'll be too depressed in a coupe - just keep the sunroof open as much as possible.

Mark
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 08:01 PM   #4
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
The coupe is a better looking car (period). Yeah having the convertible would cool but the 335i coupe is one of the best looking cars on the road, and in alpine white, thats pure sex brotha.
      06-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #5
Bobby_Light
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

E93 is heavier, slower.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

You made the right choice.
      06-29-2008, 08:40 PM   #7
strider41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 E92

I went looking to buy the e93 and chose the e92 because of its better performance, ride and handling, aesthetics (didn't like the cut lines of the vert roof), better rear seat room, and better trunk space and the complexity of the vert hardtop. I have no regrets with my choice. You shoudn't have any with your choice.
      06-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
xpcgamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 99 Touring

If you got it for performance then you made the right choice. If you got the car for the "pimp" factor then you should have went with the e93.

99 528IT,Sport 5Sp,Xenon,Nav,Rear shades
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 09:01 PM   #9
MikeMidd
Thrillin' and billin'
Rep
Drives: Three-Three-Five

Find the thread - either here or on Bimmerfest - of the guy whose wife's convertible top didn't unlatch on one side and got royally fecked up. Think about the horrible problems of a top that might do that to you.

Actually, I have felt the same remorse, and I got an E90. It's because it is summer, and the waiting makes you so anxious and frustrated. Don't worry. You'll love that E92. And if you really need a convertible, it's the perfect reason to save up for a weekend ragtop (which is what I might do - something like an old MG or Triumph or something). Chin up.
      06-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #10
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

heres a tip for eliminating your remorse

drive the hell out of your car when you get it
remorse = gone
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
EngIsWaitingOnHis335i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfloyd1 View Post
It really comes down to what you'll get the most enjoyment out of and what you can afford comfortably. That being said, I'm in Indiana and my daily driver is a 528xi but I have an old 325 cabriolet for the summer. We really don't have enough good weather to justify a convertible (it's a 1995 and just turned 25,000 miles), but my daughters would kill me if I got rid of it, plus it's only worth maybe $12000 tops and is in perfect condition, so there's nothing that I could replace it with that would come close for that kind of cash.

Did you lease or buy? Either way, just enjoy it and if you want a convertible later, get one for your next car. I really doubt you'll be too depressed in a coupe - just keep the sunroof open as much as possible.

Mark
lol keep the sunroof open as much as possible? to make up for the detachable hardtop huh?
i also figured after my 5 year term is done i'm going for a m3 hardtop convertible that will just make me enjoy it that much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
The coupe is a better looking car (period). Yeah having the convertible would cool but the 335i coupe is one of the best looking cars on the road, and in alpine white, thats pure sex brotha.
yea i agree having a hardtop is cooler (literally) but the coupe is truly a great looking car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_Light View Post
E93 is heavier, slower.
i haven't look at the weight... im going to check it out now.
convertible = 3957lbs coupe = 3582
your right it is lighter
guess that mean coupe = bit faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuerstBMW View Post
You made the right choice.
thanks for the support. thats what i felt when i ordered the car until i saw videos on the hardtop and thought of how cool it would be to own that exact car im getting but with the top being able to be folded down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider41 View Post
I went looking to buy the e93 and chose the e92 because of its better performance, ride and handling, aesthetics (didn't like the cut lines of the vert roof), better rear seat room, and better trunk space and the complexity of the vert hardtop. I have no regrets with my choice. You shoudn't have any with your choice.
Exterior length 181.1 " 180.6 "
Exterior body width 70.2 " 70.2 "
Exterior body height 54.1 " 54.5 "
Wheelbase 108.7 " 108.7 "
Turning radius 18.1 ' 18.1 '
Front legroom 41.8 " 41.8 "
Rear legroom 33.7 " 31.9 "
Front headroom 38.4 " 38.0 "
Rear headroom 36.8 " 36.5 "
Front shoulder room 55.3 " 55.3 "
Rear shoulder room 51.9 " 49.3 "
Passenger volume 88.5 cu.ft. 84.2 cu.ft.
Cargo capacity 11.1 cu.ft. 9.0 cu.ft.

at first before i went to the dealer my decision was made on the e93 but seeing all those cuts lines, the antenna being on the trunk instead of the roof and the price difference of $9000 plus the hardtop being another thing to repair that can go wrong. Thats why i lean towards a 335i coupe which i was really satisfy with considering i got it fully loaded with everything i want in it for a really good deal. i just figured it'd be unique to own a e93
and how much head would turn to drive around one of those rather then a e92. but yea your right i shouldn't have any regrets on the choice i've made.

thanks a bunch everyone!
anyone else that have any other feedback / input please add on I'm looking forward to reading em
335i Coupe | Alpine White | Black Dakota Leather | Gray Poplar wood trim | Premium Package | Sport Package |Active Steering | Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters | STEPTRONIC automatic transmission | Comfort Access system | Navigation system | HD radio | iPod and USB adapter | Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
EngIsWaitingOnHis335i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpcgamer View Post
If you got it for performance then you made the right choice. If you got the car for the "pimp" factor then you should have went with the e93.
thats the only reason i feel my remorse... i want a pimp car
but the coupe is just as pimp without the whole drop top.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMidd View Post
Find the thread - either here or on Bimmerfest - of the guy whose wife's convertible top didn't unlatch on one side and got royally fecked up. Think about the horrible problems of a top that might do that to you.

Actually, I have felt the same remorse, and I got an E90. It's because it is summer, and the waiting makes you so anxious and frustrated. Don't worry. You'll love that E92. And if you really need a convertible, it's the perfect reason to save up for a weekend ragtop (which is what I might do - something like an old MG or Triumph or something). Chin up.
i do want a weekend ragtop, manual transmission to drive the fuck out of it i guess this would be a good idea... but it a ragtop isn't as nice as the 335i hardtop. it won't be able to turn heads like the hardtop would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisE92 View Post
heres a tip for eliminating your remorse

drive the hell out of your car when you get it
remorse = gone
HAHHA will it really?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 09:43 PM   #13
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

yeah, the minute you drive your car, getting an e93 won't even be on your mind

oh yeah and e93s cant get the vorsteiner trunk like us
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 03:39 PM   #14
xpcgamer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 99 Touring

Look at RE5PEKT's thread on selling his 20's. Sorry hate to put any more doubt in your head but DAMN! PPPimp!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149478

99 528IT,Sport 5Sp,Xenon,Nav,Rear shades
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #15
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

This is subjective, so whatever the OP feels is gonna stand, no matter what anybody says. This isn't one of those honey I bet the mortgage on Bank of America at 29, and now it's 22, what have I done is it ok? Warren Buffet can tell you all you want until the sun goes down that he started buying in the mid 40's, so don't feel bad, you got it at 29, just wait 4 years and you'll break-even, but it's your equity that evaporated and ultimately your decision that brought you to this day.

So rationalizing the coupe over convertible means nothing if that's what the OP likes/wants imho. It's a lot of money, so get exactly what you want would be my recommendation, right down to the optioning. Don't spend years behind the wheel of something you didn't really want.
Appreciate 0