E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Adamaster - Mixed Review

07-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #23
flyer333
GSS CORP.

Drives: E90/E93

my experience with adamaster was good.. the goods came in great.. sorri to hear abt the crack for your product.

hope the problem will be solved soon!

Don't teach a pig how to read, it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig.
flyer333 is offline   Taiwan
      07-09-2008, 02:53 PM   #24
addy85
Got beef?

Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
any updates

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
      07-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #25
r3volution
Lieutenant

Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
any updates
Not really.
I've opened a "Dispute & Claim" report through PayPal, still waiting for Adamaster's reply before escalating the situation.
Wheels/Suspension - VMR V710 Gunmetal Stgd | Kumho Ecsta SPT | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
r3volution is offline   Canada
      07-09-2008, 11:58 PM   #26
adamaster
Brigadier General

Drives: BMW E90/E92

For the issue of this splitters, here I need to explain more to make everyone clear and understand of the situation.

First, as you said on the top of description that you found the paint cracks(the size if about a dime) when you open this item. (you should raise it to me at the beginning, but you didn’t)

Second, you tried to applying the splitters after a week due to your car is out of home and then you noticed that it was warped and contact me with the cracks pictures. From the pictures what you post, the cracks size is not like a dime, so that I assume it’s due to friction burn and bump.

Third, I saw some dirt/stain on the splitter from the pictures, if you raise this issue to me immediately when you install it why it goes dirty? Did you drive you car out after install it? I assume so, and the crack was happened after that.

Forth, you post me for some “new” pictures because you tried to re-install it and made more cracks by yourself. I pointed out and posted the pictures to you for what I’m wondering, and got your reply below…
It is the same item. The paint is cracking at the top of the left splitter now, but that is my fault. I can show you the similarities between the "new" splitter and the previous photos if it would make a difference. They are the same, just more damaged (my fault...not yours).
As for the friction burn, I don't know what that is and this isn't the reason why I had contacted you. I'm worried about the FITMENT and the ORIGINAL paint cracks (not the one I made on the left top corner).
Please reply back - I will take more pictures to confirm the both "sets" of pictures are of the same splitter.

I’m so surprised why you tried to re-apply it even you already raised this issue to me, it’s not helpful to you or me on this case.

Finally, I would like to highlight a point, I didn’t hear from you at the beginning and now you mean the big crack is due to the original paint crack, I really can’t accept on this.
I would always treat my buyer as a friend and respect of the product problem what they raised to me. If the problem is on my stuff, I will definitely refund the money back to them. (You may check with them if you want.)
Customer service is important to me and my buyers, I would have your understand on this issue for what I confusion. Hope to get an agree between us.
      07-10-2008, 12:30 AM   #27
r3volution
Lieutenant

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
First, as you said on the top of description that you found the paint cracks(the size if about a dime) when you open this item. (you should raise it to me at the beginning, but you didnít)
Yes, but I explained that I didn't really care that there were small cracks on the side where no one would see.

Quote:
Second, you tried to applying the splitters after a week due to your car is out of home and then you noticed that it was warped and contact me with the cracks pictures. From the pictures what you post, the cracks size is not like a dime, so that I assume itís due to friction burn and bump.
I can take a picture of the cracks and a dime next to it. The crack is "round-ish" and about the same size as the Canadian dime.

Quote:
Third, I saw some dirt/stain on the splitter from the pictures, if you raise this issue to me immediately when you install it why it goes dirty? Did you drive you car out after install it? I assume so, and the crack was happened after that.
I don't see any dirt/stain on the splitters. I see some on my car, but that's because I haven't really washed it before taking the pictures.

I couldn't get the splitters to stay on, nevermind driving around with it.

Quote:
Forth, you post me for some ďnewĒ pictures because you tried to re-install it and made more cracks by yourself. I pointed out and posted the pictures to you for what Iím wondering, and got your reply belowÖ
It is the same item. The paint is cracking at the top of the left splitter now, but that is my fault. I can show you the similarities between the "new" splitter and the previous photos if it would make a difference. They are the same, just more damaged (my fault...not yours).
As for the friction burn, I don't know what that is and this isn't the reason why I had contacted you. I'm worried about the FITMENT and the ORIGINAL paint cracks (not the one I made on the left top corner).
Please reply back - I will take more pictures to confirm the both "sets" of pictures are of the same splitter.

Iím so surprised why you tried to re-apply it even you already raised this issue to me, itís not helpful to you or me on this case.
I only tried them on again because you said I had installed them incorrectly and you refused to give me a refund.

Quote:
Finally, I would like to highlight a point, I didnít hear from you at the beginning and now you mean the big crack is due to the original paint crack, I really canít accept on this.
I think you might have misunderstood what I said. I never said the big crack was because of the original crack. The big crack (on the newer pictures) was ENTIRELY my fault. I was trying to fix it myself and made the new crack.

Quote:
I would always treat my buyer as a friend and respect of the product problem what they raised to me. If the problem is on my stuff, I will definitely refund the money back to them. (You may check with them if you want.)
Customer service is important to me and my buyers, I would have your understand on this issue for what I confusion. Hope to get an agree between us.
Of course. Please PM me if you have any questions or solutions. I will keep the other members up-to-date with any changes.

Thanks.
Wheels/Suspension - VMR V710 Gunmetal Stgd | Kumho Ecsta SPT | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
      07-10-2008, 01:03 AM   #28
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?

Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

paint that is cracking that easy is not good paint.

bottom line.
      07-10-2008, 03:22 AM   #29
l4wr3nc3
The Law.

Drives: BMW

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamaster View Post
For the issue of this splitters, here I need to explain more to make everyone clear and understand of the situation.

First, as you said on the top of description that you found the paint cracks(the size if about a dime) when you open this item. (you should raise it to me at the beginning, but you didnít)

Second, you tried to applying the splitters after a week due to your car is out of home and then you noticed that it was warped and contact me with the cracks pictures. From the pictures what you post, the cracks size is not like a dime, so that I assume itís due to friction burn and bump.

Forth, you post me for some ďnewĒ pictures because you tried to re-install it and made more cracks by yourself. I pointed out and posted the pictures to you for what Iím wondering, and got your reply belowÖ

Iím so surprised why you tried to re-apply it even you already raised this issue to me, itís not helpful to you or me on this case.

Finally, I would like to highlight a point, I didnít hear from you at the beginning and now you mean the big crack is due to the original paint crack, I really canít accept on this.
This really caught my eye. It kinda sucks because when he first opened it, he thought the paint chip was not a big deal and didnt want to bother YOU with it. In other words, he was nice enough to say, "fuck it its no biggie, ill let it go". I probably would have done the same thing so i really cant understand why you are blaming him for not telling you in the first place when all he was trying to do is save you the hassle (although in sure he regrets it now).

Does it really matter if he chipped the paint even more trying to make the splitters fit? If they didnt fit in the first place, that problem is with your quality then and paint should not even be a issue. I know the costs of making these products in Taiwan and IMO, its easier to just replace it for him then get all this bad reputation.

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
      07-10-2008, 03:28 AM   #30
e92phreak
General

Drives: E92 335i TiAg/E46 323i TiAg

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [4.50]
2000 E46 323i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
This really caught my eye. It kinda sucks because when he first opened it, he thought the paint chip was not a big deal and didnt want to bother YOU with it. In other words, he was nice enough to say, "fuck it its no biggie, ill let it go". I probably would have done the same thing so i really cant understand why you are blaming him for not telling you in the first place when all he was trying to do is save you the hassle (although in sure he regrets it now).

Does it really matter if he chipped the paint even more trying to make the splitters fit? If they didnt fit in the first place, that problem is with your quality then and paint should not even be a issue. I know the costs of making these products in Taiwan and IMO, its easier to just replace it for him then get all this bad reputation.

Lawrence Kung Photography FTW!!!
07 E92 335i | TiAg | Step | Padl | Cmft | Alum Trm | PDC | Nav | Assist | Sat | Lthr | Prem | Sprt | Rear Splr | RDSport Quads | iPod | V1 | LT Refl | VS Clear Bra | OEM Lip | KWV2 | Mtec Sides | BBS LM-R
00 E46 323i | TiAg | 5sp | Sport | Roof | RDSport Cams | RDSport tune | RDSport Shift | Volk LE37 | M3 spoiler | PSS9 | SuperSprint | Brembo
e92phreak is offline   United_States
      07-10-2008, 03:41 AM   #31
mJ335
Amateur Post Whore

Drives: 07 E90 SparkLiN G. 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
WOW.. that paint crack looks terrible.. and the fitment.. wtf.. I would've got pissed off if I see my ordered goods look like that when taken out of the box.. I respect your leniency. You should've complained as soon as you noticed those flaws.

Looks like you gotta fight your way on this one.. I doubt Adamaster is going to give you a refund under any circumstance.

|BL|RS|PIAA|CFE|CFMC|SSM|CFG|CFDP|ABG|M6|AFE|MTECH |RPI|JB+|CSLT|KWSC|
      07-10-2008, 04:36 AM   #32
AoshichanX
Brigadier General

Drives: Jet Black e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to AoshichanX Send a message via AIM to AoshichanX Send a message via MSN to AoshichanX Send a message via Yahoo to AoshichanX Send a message via Skype™ to AoshichanX
r3volution you were both professional and thorough in your review. I applaud your patience and continued detailed updates.

I agree with everyone that adamaster needs to step up. You are 0% at fault and I am frankly disappointed in adamaster's replies. Nonetheless, once you file a paypal dispute or claim, this will freeze adamaster's paypal account until the situation is resolved. He will be able to receive funds, but that will be all his account can do.

Best of Luck!
AoshichanX is offline   United_States
      07-10-2008, 06:20 AM   #33
koreez88
Всем привет ;)

Drives: 2011 SG e90 335d

Send a message via Skype™ to koreez88
Adamaster has just moved to my "black list", your answers and excuses are very unprofessional. This is nowhere near "Customer as a friend relationship" that you claim u have.
Two thumbs down.
koreez88 is offline   Russian Federation
      07-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #34
imaznumkay
O RLY?

Drives: '07 335i e90

lol
adamaster must be gettin more than enough business on this site as is, why is ONE pair of splitters such a big deal? refund or send him a new one with a original exchange.

paint job looks terrible imo, it shouldnt chip off the surface that easily.
      07-11-2008, 01:14 AM   #35
中文怪俠

Drives: 07' 335i

剛加入就有好戲看,不過情況好像一面倒.站在消費者的立場,當然要說是adamaster不對啊.因為說不 定改天我也會遇到這情況.但是我好像有看到一個賣家也來插花.還提供解決意見?呵呵算,你狠啦,改天我也來 買你的東西看看...
不過請容我說句公道話啦:
事情一開始,你的確可以要求adamaster賠償或換新,如果他不換給你,那錯就在他.
可是在他跟你說沒裝好以後,你自己把它弄壞了,多了幾道裂縫.你要人家陪你一個新的就說不過去啦.人家只說 你沒裝好,又沒有要你把它弄壞.
而且老實說,你貼的第一張相片,那splitter上面真的髒髒的.......,你有開出去 過吧?
我看回歸原點啦,你看需要他如何賠償,劃下個道兒來吧.

我只是發表一下個人意見啦,不是要引起爭執,所以我用中文寫,哈哈哈.....
中文怪俠 is offline   United_States
      07-11-2008, 04:56 AM   #36
08AWE93
Registered

Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by 中文怪俠 View Post
剛加入就有好戲看,不過情況好像一面倒.站在消費者的立場,當然要說是adamaster不對啊.因為說不 定改天我也會遇到這情況.但是我好像有看到一個賣家也來插花.還提供解決意見?呵呵算,你狠啦,改天我也來 買你的東西看看...
不過請容我說句公道話啦:

Join date is 7-10-08. This is also your first post.
Sounds suspicious to me who you really are. If you could read and understand whats going on why reply in chinese?
      07-11-2008, 05:57 AM   #37
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.

Drives: 08' E70 X5, 12' E92 335is

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.88]
Send a message via MSN to yamazaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post

I actually agree with you because that's what I thought....

I purchased the CF splitter from adamaster, and I really have to say the fitment is close to 95%, not perfect. When I tried to slip on the splitters onto my freshly painted bumper, I had to actually push and squeeze a little bit to have it sit all the way into the bumper. When I pulled it out, the splitter actually scratched my paint on the left side.... I was a little upset at that point because I really thought the fitment should be better. However, like the OP I did not want to bother the seller since the scratch won't be visible once the splitters are on and the weave looks pretty decent. I am lucky enough that my splitter did not crack or what so ever.

Overall my experience with adamaster is good. I think you pay for what you get and since the CF splitter I purchased is not OEM, I don't want to complain about it to the seller. However, in this case I really have to say the seller should try to compensate the buyer. OP tried to fit it instead of bad mouth your product for poor fitment. Since 100% fitment is what you are selling, obviously you have to step up and backup for your product. If the fitment is as good as you promised, then all the bending and the filing won't be necessary at all. Sure you lose profit if you send him another one, but in the end you will earn applause and trust from us by doing so. I wonder which aspect is more important to you and your company....

Anywayz, I hope to see this issue to be resolved on way or the other. I think I will still purchase from adamaster down the road if he sells something I want, but I really wish to see improved customer services.
      07-11-2008, 06:01 AM   #38
yamazaho
Wang D.D.S.

Drives: 08' E70 X5, 12' E92 335is

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.88]
Send a message via MSN to yamazaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWE93 View Post
Sounds suspicious to me who you really are. If you could read and understand whats going on why reply in chinese?
Oh it's because he said:

Quote:
That means "I am just trying to express my personal opinion and not bringing up any more arguments. So I wrote all these in Chinese, ha ha ha....."

No charge for translation....
      07-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #39
r3volution
Lieutenant

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
不過請容我說句公道話啦:

Sorry. I don't understand Chinese - so I Babel Fished it. Some of the translation wasn't understandable ("But I have probably saw that also comes to a seller to arrange flowers." ) so I'll go by what was translated correctly.

In the newer pictures, I only made one new crack; not several.

I don't see how the splitter is dirty. Yes, there is a little bit of dust on it, but I don't think you can call that "dirty". My car is pretty dirty though.

Thank you for your opinion though!
      07-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #40
中文怪俠

Drives: 07' 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08AWE93 View Post
我是誰?我蝙蝠俠啦誰!
看不懂吧?
"Who am i ? I am BATMAN!"

中文有什麼不好?看的懂英文就不能寫中文喔?
看不懂還愛猜疑,真是的
中文怪俠 is offline   United_States
      07-11-2008, 03:11 PM   #41
alexhjs
The Muscle Milk.

Drives: 2011 335is DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
r3volution! i read your review!

sorry to hear that =(.. i hope everything gets solved soon!
      07-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #42
Kit523
Major General

Drives: 2009 AW E90 M3

Quote:
我是誰?我蝙蝠俠啦誰!
看不懂吧?
"Who am i ? I am BATMAN!"

中文有什麼不好?看的懂英文就不能寫中文喔?
看不懂還愛猜疑,真是的
ummmm wtf? lol
Kit523 is offline   Hong Kong
      07-13-2008, 12:15 AM   #43
r3volution
Lieutenant

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexhjs View Post
r3volution! i read your review!

sorry to hear that =(.. i hope everything gets solved soon!
Thanks.

Adamaster and I are currently trying to find a solution.
I'll keep you guys posted.
      07-14-2008, 02:16 AM   #44
hudaman
Noob

Drives: AW E90 335i

Thanks for the well written review. I for one will not be purchasing from them in the future.
hudaman is offline   United_States