E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Salary of a BMW Salesperson...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #45
QwaZyWabbiT
Cook
 
QwaZyWabbiT's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335 PREM SPORT AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ATLANTA

Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)

I sell BMW. I used to be in retail, graduated college, was recruited by a fortune 500 company making 70k starting out (base plus), so I wanted a new car. After exhaustive research into the dealerships as well as the cars, I got hooked. It is a great business. Granted there are some shady dealerships out there, and even more shady salespeople, but my salesman was the one of the most professional salespeople I have ever encountered in any industry. We got to talkin a bit about selling for BMW, and I decided to find out for myself. I work 50 hours a week, average 13 cars a month, and have found that I truely LOVE my new career. People talk about shitty hours, but you dont find that in high line dealerships. You dont ride around in a golf cart and have to deal with fanfare, baloons, clowns, and "tricks" or "employee discount purchasing" to get a sale. It is fantastic, professional, fun, and lucrative. I am on track to make 100k plus in my first year. Not anyone can do this job. You have to commit yourself. Experienced sales professionals know one secret- it takes 2 things to make in sales 1) you have to be prepared when opportunity strikes 2) you have to work half a day everyday--and it dont matter what 12 hours you are willing to work. This is the best advice i ever received. It was given to me by one of my mentors.
QwaZyWabbiT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #46
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
 
MoreCowbell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335 Jet Black-Saddle
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,639
iTrader: (0)

2) you have to work half a day everyday--and it dont matter what 12 hours you are willing to work. This is the best advice i ever received. It was given to me by one of my mentors. [/quote]

explain....
__________________
1997 Z3 3.0: Retired 2006 E90 330i: Retired 2007 E92 335: Retired
2009 E70 4.8: Totaled by Drunk Bitch
2011 E70 3.5D: Current
Space Gray w Black Nevada - Loaded!!!
MoreCowbell is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2006, 12:01 AM   #47
sblument
Lieutenant
 
sblument's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Champaign, IL

Posts: 427
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to sblument Send a message via AIM to sblument Send a message via Yahoo to sblument
QwaZyWabbiT -- question:

About what % of the BMWs you sell have manual transmission?

My dealer (Chicago area) said 2-3%.
__________________
2006 330i, SP, PP, fold down rear seats, sparkling graphite, black leather, metallic trim.
sblument is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2006, 12:01 AM   #48
TracerHawk
First Lieutenant
 
TracerHawk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Posts: 341
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
You guys have to remember, they're working/living in Manhattan area of NY. Cost of living alone there is worth a pretty significant amount. Additionally 80-85/hr as a 1099 or CTC is about 10% higher than you'd make as a W2 hourly contractor., and probably about 30-35% higher if you are a regular W2 salaried employee. This also isnt adding in any "off-time" if you are in between contracts as well, where a normal salaried employee may be working and earning money.

On the plus side though, as they said, they can write off everything and the kitchen sink as a tax write-off, so its a popular route for many people in the industry. Plus of course, can't knock paid overtime!

Check out a cost of living caculator here for a city by city comparison:

http://www.homefair.com/homefair/calc/salcalc.html

For example, if you make $100,000.00 living in Manhatthan, thats the equivalent to making $41,078 here in Phoenix. If you rent, its a little better. Its makes the equivalent of 100k in Manhattan is same as making $67,640 here in Phoenix. So, the moral of the story is, if you move to NY, make them give you a crazy high raise to keep up with the cost of living up there!

It's useful if you plan to move to another city and want to know what the approximate equivalent is you would need to earn.

Also, on a side note, I know saying initially just "IT Consultant" sounds cool and mysterious, but its pretty vague. Saying you're an "IT Consultant" is pretty ambiguous. I know later on you became more specific, which is pretty much a requirement from such a vague term, but I mention this because some kids are going to scan through this thread and not read all the posts and then go in to a firm and be like "I want to be an IT Consultant when I grow up" or some new college grad will say that to some random HR department and sound like a fool. It's like saying you're in "Sales", but you could be selling 10 million dollar commercial real estate, selling encyclopedias door to door, selling your advice as a financial consultant, selling your time as an escort, selling cars, selling advertising to clients, who knows. Better off saying exactly what you do within IT, as the one guy said, Network Manager / CCIE. Or Business Process Manager or whatever. I can think of probably 200+ jobs that can qualify as an "IT Consultant", and that includes the newbies at the help desk (and all the way up) that are on contract and making $15.00/hr but call themselves IT Consultants because they are on contract and therefore feel they are a consultant. (and of course, technically, they are, but what KIND of consulltant is what really matters). Sort of like someone asking what you drive, and your answer is "a car". I think they meant is it a Ford or BMW or P-car or Hummer or Honda or what.
TracerHawk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #49
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
 
MoreCowbell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335 Jet Black-Saddle
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,639
iTrader: (0)

Excellent points Hawk...

To Clarify...

I am an IT Consultant...

I am a business analyst working on Merger Integration ...I am currently focusing on integrating JPMorgans general ledger software into the platform currently being used by BankOne.

I am a rare commodity, being I was a Trader for six years prior to this. Believe or not many former traders(there are many) went in my direction...most are currently chasing real estate....
__________________
1997 Z3 3.0: Retired 2006 E90 330i: Retired 2007 E92 335: Retired
2009 E70 4.8: Totaled by Drunk Bitch
2011 E70 3.5D: Current
Space Gray w Black Nevada - Loaded!!!
MoreCowbell is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2006, 11:01 PM   #50
toolfan
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i sedan
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palatine,IL

Posts: 455
iTrader: (1)

I sell BMW's. I was in retail management for 6 years. I like everyone who I work with because they have all been in the business for at least 15 years. This is my first car selling experience and I started at BMW. I really like what I do because of the people I work with. Yes, some salesman are shady, but so are sales associates at Abercrombie, so whats the difference?
What I have noticed, customers are more shady than the salesman. They lie 100 times more. You dont really know what it is like until you are on the other side. I find it hilarious when I read threads on people saying they paid invoice on a car. They are lieing, so dont worry everyone who thought they got ripped off.
If anyone has any questions about BMW sales or pricing, obviously I would be willing to help anyone out here, but remember, what happens to your food when you piss of your waiter?
Also, dont ask for free floor mats, its not our fault BMW doesnt supply them, LOL!!!
On the salary issue, I will probably make 70K this year.
toolfan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2006, 11:55 PM   #51
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan
I sell BMW's. I was in retail management for 6 years. I like everyone who I work with because they have all been in the business for at least 15 years. This is my first car selling experience and I started at BMW. I really like what I do because of the people I work with. Yes, some salesman are shady, but so are sales associates at Abercrombie, so whats the difference?
What I have noticed, customers are more shady than the salesman. They lie 100 times more. You dont really know what it is like until you are on the other side. I find it hilarious when I read threads on people saying they paid invoice on a car. They are lieing, so dont worry everyone who thought they got ripped off.
If anyone has any questions about BMW sales or pricing, obviously I would be willing to help anyone out here, but remember, what happens to your food when you piss of your waiter?
Also, dont ask for free floor mats, its not our fault BMW doesnt supply them, LOL!!!
On the salary issue, I will probably make 70K this year.
Yes, because our members are out to ruin BMW.

We shouldn't ask for floor mats, they should be included without asking, especially when you don't get the ideal deal.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #52
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
 
MoreCowbell's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 e92 335 Jet Black-Saddle
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 1,639
iTrader: (0)

Well Said Shim, Well said...
__________________
1997 Z3 3.0: Retired 2006 E90 330i: Retired 2007 E92 335: Retired
2009 E70 4.8: Totaled by Drunk Bitch
2011 E70 3.5D: Current
Space Gray w Black Nevada - Loaded!!!
MoreCowbell is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2006, 11:00 AM   #53
toolfan
Banned
 
Drives: E90 335i sedan
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Palatine,IL

Posts: 455
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Yes, because our members are out to ruin BMW.

We shouldn't ask for floor mats, they should be included without asking, especially when you don't get the ideal deal.
I never said that the members are out to ruin BMW. The ideal deal is all relative. I knew it would be difficult to try and explain something over the computer, I am not saying people are terrible at all. Obviously without customers, I would have no money!
I completely agree that floor mats should be included in a $40,000 car. Unfortunately, they do not, and BMW corporate are the only people that have the power to change that, no dealer.
Sorry if you took what I said the wrong way, but I didnt mean to come off as a disgruntled salesman.
toolfan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #54
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,414
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolfan
I never said that the members are out to ruin BMW. The ideal deal is all relative. I knew it would be difficult to try and explain something over the computer, I am not saying people are terrible at all. Obviously without customers, I would have no money!
I completely agree that floor mats should be included in a $40,000 car. Unfortunately, they do not, and BMW corporate are the only people that have the power to change that, no dealer.
Sorry if you took what I said the wrong way, but I didnt mean to come off as a disgruntled salesman.

I know what he is trying to say as I am in sales also. If you buy a pair of pants at macy's and ask if I buy 2 pairs do I get a better deal the salesperson will laugh in your face. We have 7% thats right 7% markup in the car. Everyone buys stuff all day with a 200% markup and they feel like they are not getting ripped off but if a sell a car and want to make $1500 on it then some people see me as a theif. Go and try to buy a TV a 7% over cost and see what happens. I am saying as I think toolfan us saying is that people have such a schwed view of how it really is to sell cars.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #55
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
I know what he is trying to say as I am in sales also. If you buy a pair of pants at macy's and ask if I buy 2 pairs do I get a better deal the salesperson will laugh in your face. We have 7% thats right 7% markup in the car. Everyone buys stuff all day with a 200% markup and they feel like they are not getting ripped off but if a sell a car and want to make $1500 on it then some people see me as a theif. Go and try to buy a TV a 7% over cost and see what happens. I am saying as I think toolfan us saying is that people have such a schwed view of how it really is to sell cars.
You're comparing a TV to a car? Let's be reasonable now. $1,500 over invoice isn't a bad deal, but that's more like 3-4% opposed to your 7%...
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #56
SignHere
Supreme Omnipotent Bobohead
 
SignHere's Avatar
 
Drives: Different BMW's every day!
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin TX

Posts: 29
iTrader: (0)

It's all perspective and only a change of view will modify the results.

I've been selling cars for 23 years and will tell you that working for a BMW Center is NOTHING like working at any other dealership. I can actually make more money selling domestics, but you do have to sell your soul to make the big bucks ($120-150K) Here you can make people happy with fair deals on a great car and everybody leaves thinking they won. And because they think that...it's true!

The top man (Or woman) at a BMW Center can make $100-120 A really good CA $80-100 But most make $40-75.

The best part is that we get to drive M's and Alpina's and all of the exotic trade-in's to lunch every day!!! (Now where did that M Roadster go?!? It was just here!!!) ;-)
__________________
Currently seeking time off for good behavior.
SignHere is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2006, 02:24 AM   #57
clubspec330i
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: So. Cal

Posts: 291
iTrader: (0)

Ditto ...TracerHawk

Let's be conservative here. Say if you make $100k/year at your local California BMW dealer Ok..you work 9hr/day 6 day/week. 10x6x52=3120hr. That's 100k/3120=$32/hr.. That doesn't seem that much to me since you are going to work your buds off..Most probably makes between 60k-80k.

Now..let's talk about engineering working for government agency..
PE(Professional Engineer) with 6 years out of school working at City of Los Angeles building and safety department. His base salary is $78k/year. That's 78k/2080hr = $37/hr. PLUS excellent benefit. New grad around here (median housing price $380k) make around $55-60k.

However, I have heard there is a CA at Assael BMW(zip 91016) that sold over 160 cars in 2005. He must have made TONs of money..

The point is..money can be made in every profession. It is a question of whether or not you are willing to trade your valuable times for $$ or not.
clubspec330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2006, 10:13 AM   #58
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,414
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
You're comparing a TV to a car? Let's be reasonable now. $1,500 over invoice isn't a bad deal, but that's more like 3-4% opposed to your 7%...

Well than what about clothes? Why dont you mind paying huge markups on that? For the cost of the car as opposed to other items you buy I know percentage wise the car makes the least amount of money. Also the only reason why the delaerships survive is because of service. I know service needs sales but sales alone wont pay for the 14 million dollar dealership we just moved into. Service accounts for 85-90% of the income for the store. What I am saying is that people are too caught up in thinking they are getting ripped off everytime they buy a car when in actuality they get ripped off far more for everything else in they buy and dont even notice or care. Thats my point.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2006, 10:16 AM   #59
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,414
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by clubspec330i
Ditto ...TracerHawk

Let's be conservative here. Say if you make $100k/year at your local California BMW dealer Ok..you work 9hr/day 6 day/week. 10x6x52=3120hr. That's 100k/3120=$32/hr.. That doesn't seem that much to me since you are going to work your buds off..Most probably makes between 60k-80k.

Now..let's talk about engineering working for government agency..
PE(Professional Engineer) with 6 years out of school working at City of Los Angeles building and safety department. His base salary is $78k/year. That's 78k/2080hr = $37/hr. PLUS excellent benefit. New grad around here (median housing price $380k) make around $55-60k.

However, I have heard there is a CA at Assael BMW(zip 91016) that sold over 160 cars in 2005. He must have made TONs of money..

The point is..money can be made in every profession. It is a question of whether or not you are willing to trade your valuable times for $$ or not.
good point and calculations but I will also get a car for free next year or at most 100 a month so that is more money also. I do get benifits and 401K also where I work as this was important to me when selecting a job. I am sure I could make more money per hour doing something else for a living but I love me job and thats what its about. 160 cars in a year is alot. I should sell about 120 this year give or take a few.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #60
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Well than what about clothes? Why dont you mind paying huge markups on that? For the cost of the car as opposed to other items you buy I know percentage wise the car makes the least amount of money. Also the only reason why the delaerships survive is because of service. I know service needs sales but sales alone wont pay for the 14 million dollar dealership we just moved into. Service accounts for 85-90% of the income for the store. What I am saying is that people are too caught up in thinking they are getting ripped off everytime they buy a car when in actuality they get ripped off far more for everything else in they buy and dont even notice or care. Thats my point.
When I am able to buy a $40,000 shirt, I will let you know. You keep bringing up percentages, but the sheer value of the items you are comparing are so different, that percentages mean squat. You're right about cheaper things being marked up, but a $50 shirt that is marked up 100% won't damage the wallet as much as ONE percent for a $40K car. I buy clothing that are on sale anyway.

I was going to bring up the point about how new car sales don't account for the majority of the dealer's profit. Why do we have to pay for your fourteen million dollar dealership? Did your clients ask for a larger dealership that they'll spend practically no time in?
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #61
nyfinest
My other car is below !!!!
 
nyfinest's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328xi Cpe S
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NY

Posts: 355
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328xi Coupe  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
My CA at Braman in West Palm Beach admitted he makes over $150K..Then again he is employed at the second largest BMW dealership in the US im told......Not bad for moving cars around....
__________________
08 328xi Cpe Sport Package-Step-Monaco Blue-Saddle Leather-Dark Burl Wood-Took Delivery 11/27
nyfinest is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #62
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,414
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
When I am able to buy a $40,000 shirt, I will let you know. You keep bringing up percentages, but the sheer value of the items you are comparing are so different, that percentages mean squat. You're right about cheaper things being marked up, but a $50 shirt that is marked up 100% won't damage the wallet as much as ONE percent for a $40K car. I buy clothing that are on sale anyway.

I was going to bring up the point about how new car sales don't account for the majority of the dealer's profit. Why do we have to pay for your fourteen million dollar dealership? Did your clients ask for a larger dealership that they'll spend practically no time in?

I see what your saying about the dollar for dollar comparison as opposed to percentages. We built the facility as an investment basically hoping that the service we provide will pay that back 10 fold. I am not saying that you have to pay for our 14m dollar facilty but if you do buy a car here you will get very good service which is most important to most people. I dont see anyting wrong with making 2000 on a 40k car but some people feel like they are getting screwed with this type of pricing when they really arent. We dont run a not for profit business we are here to make money just like any other business. I just think too many people give the dealership a very hard time and want everything for free. Look at some members on the board here always saying I want this and this and this with the deal and if you say no they think your crazy. I agree with what your saying also but I just want to shed more light on how it is to deal with people as a client advisor.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-12-2006, 11:59 PM   #63
BMWDavid
 
BMWDavid's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 ZCP Fire Orange
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: All of USA! Every BMW! Steve Thomas BMW

Posts: 680
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [5.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
What I value most about my job has already been posted by the other CAs in this thread. It's not work to me. Considering I spent 4 years in the Marines, selling luxury cars is cake. I didn't ask for a job at the BMW Center knowing I would see a 1000% increase in my $12k a year pay from the Corps (check out my garage too).
I just knew it would be a great experience. I started with BMW in 99. I'm at Tischer right outside DC. I love it because we share the sales philosophy that has made me successful. Unfortunately, some people in sales forget that more important than the product you are selling is the person you are helping. Furthermore, I can honestly say that I am in a unique position as a salesperson because working with my company means I never have to sacrifice my integrity. Not only do I sell BMW, but my inventory includes 25 other makes at 47 stores (I sold my first Chrysler 2 months ago). Email me if you have questions regarding anything BMW or car related.
__________________
David ///M Aviles
Steve Thomas BMW
European Delivery | Performance Center | BMW Individual
Save Time and $ on ANY BMW anywhere in the USA. 202-262-2900

Get your Ultimate Quote here! -->www.bimmerdavid.com
BMWDavid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2006, 08:35 PM   #64
bmwdan
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Over Here

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

I sell BMW's and absolutely love it. There is a Client Advisor at Beverly Hills BMW that makes 500k per year, she is the number one sales person employed at any BMW dealership. Sells more BMW's than anyone in the country. The great thing is that I do not consider this a job. I come to the dealership everyday and work with the neatest people I have ever met. My customers are sophisticated, they are business owners, they are successful, and everything is positive. I ride in and drive cars everyday that 80% of the population can only dream about, I fulfill peoples dreams buy making them BMW owners, and I get to hear all the time about how much they love there cars! I come hang out with my friends, and make $120k per year. 160 cars is good, last year I only sold 142 (I think thats the number). This is not a job, it a place that I hang my coat and earn my living. And for everybody whining about the dealer making any money, you make me sick. I do not know how you guys expect us to be here to give you loaner cars during service, drinks and snacks to be had when your here, and a comfortable facility to visit when your getting service done without making any money. If you want to know what people are really paying for these cars, ask me and I'll tell you. 90% of the people on here lie about what they paid, I can GUARANTEE that, to try and impress everyone else and make everyone think the "got THE deal". Those guys are lame.
bmwdan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #65
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdan
I sell BMW's and absolutely love it. There is a Client Advisor at Beverly Hills BMW that makes 500k per year, she is the number one sales person employed at any BMW dealership. Sells more BMW's than anyone in the country. The great thing is that I do not consider this a job. I come to the dealership everyday and work with the neatest people I have ever met. My customers are sophisticated, they are business owners, they are successful, and everything is positive. I ride in and drive cars everyday that 80% of the population can only dream about, I fulfill peoples dreams buy making them BMW owners, and I get to hear all the time about how much they love there cars! I come hang out with my friends, and make $120k per year. 160 cars is good, last year I only sold 142 (I think thats the number). This is not a job, it a place that I hang my coat and earn my living. And for everybody whining about the dealer making any money, you make me sick. I do not know how you guys expect us to be here to give you loaner cars during service, drinks and snacks to be had when your here, and a comfortable facility to visit when your getting service done without making any money. If you want to know what people are really paying for these cars, ask me and I'll tell you. 90% of the people on here lie about what they paid, I can GUARANTEE that, to try and impress everyone else and make everyone think the "got THE deal". Those guys are lame.
That last part is exactly what the manager said when he came out and I mentioned using the internet (even edmunds, etc.) as a source. I got the deal anyway, which says to me...ahem.

I'm not against a dealership making money, and I realize that it is a business. I just don't understand some of the ridiculous premiums some dealers like to charge, and justify those premiums with some of the stuff mentioned by our SAs of the board. It's not like new car sales are the only source of income you guys have, but you make it out to be that way.

In any case, anything above $1,500 over invoice is overcharge imo. Likewise, after reading some of your posts, I can see why you think $XXX over invoice is too little. $1,000 seems to be a good medium.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-15-2006, 08:55 AM   #66
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
 
ALPINE6SPD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Highland Lakes NJ

Posts: 10,414
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ALPINE6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
That last part is exactly what the manager said when he came out and I mentioned using the internet (even edmunds, etc.) as a source. I got the deal anyway, which says to me...ahem.

I'm not against a dealership making money, and I realize that it is a business. I just don't understand some of the ridiculous premiums some dealers like to charge, and justify those premiums with some of the stuff mentioned by our SAs of the board. It's not like new car sales are the only source of income you guys have, but you make it out to be that way.

In any case, anything above $1,500 over invoice is overcharge imo. Likewise, after reading some of your posts, I can see why you think $XXX over invoice is too little. $1,000 seems to be a good medium.

I see what your saying but I wish everything was list price. Saturn does it and makes good profit on every car and the customers dont complaign they are overcharged when actually they are doing the same thing as me charging you sticker. I am hoping all manufacturers do this as all customers get the same deal and at the same time they make more money per car. I give saturn credit for such a great idea. Make money on everyone and they love you. It does not get any better than that. Its also good because customers will buy a car where they were treated right and I know I would make it so they would buy from me.
__________________
2010 AW e90 328i: 6 speed, Black Leather, Dark Wood trim, ZPP, ZCW, ZVP,ZSP, Nav, Xenon
BMW Performance CF Rear spolier and Gloss black grills
2008 Candy White MKV GTI 2.0T 6 Speed Manul Gone
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
ALPINE6SPD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST