E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > No front license plate in VA, is that ok?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #23
YULY
Private First Class
 
YULY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfax

Posts: 187
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
I am calling the DMV to confirm, all I get is a busy tone for the last 30 mins
YULY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #24
ettil
ugh
 
ettil's Avatar
 
Drives: broken 328ix
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NoVA

Posts: 1,083
iTrader: (0)

I'm gonna say there's a difference in "failure to display" vs "no license plate".

I paid a "failure to display" last month but haven't checked my record.
__________________
ettil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 09:44 AM   #25
YULY
Private First Class
 
YULY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfax

Posts: 187
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
its all good, its a no point violation but it stays on my record for 3 yrs
YULY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #26
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
wow! thks for clarification YULY

I was worried there for awhile, no points - 5yrs on records

No Problemo!

and no moving violation ! Correct ?
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #27
ettil
ugh
 
ettil's Avatar
 
Drives: broken 328ix
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NoVA

Posts: 1,083
iTrader: (0)

I have +2 points safe driving points on my abbreviated summary whatever that means as it's been too long.
__________________
ettil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 09:57 AM   #28
YULY
Private First Class
 
YULY's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 328i coupe
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfax

Posts: 187
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
wow! thks for clarification YULY

I was worried there for awhile, no points - 5yrs on records

No Problemo!

and no moving violation ! Correct ?
long time no see, wow you got an M3!!!

its not a moving violation (no points) and it stays on records for 3 yrs

If you dont have any plates (front and back) I guess it becames a moving violation with 3 points for 3 yrs.
YULY is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #29
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettil View Post
I'm gonna say there's a difference in "failure to display" vs "no license plate".

I paid a "failure to display" last month but haven't checked my record.
I did my DMW online drivers record check for $8, viewable for severals days
showed the last 11yrs of driving history. yes! 11 yrs fellas.

Its no wonder that folks are driving much nicer now!
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #30
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettil View Post
I have +2 points safe driving points on my abbreviated summary whatever that means as it's been too long.
I think thats a good sign!

mine showed -2

but simple enough to fix by doing a DMV driver class online for $50, it credits +5 points, making it +3
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #31
ettil
ugh
 
ettil's Avatar
 
Drives: broken 328ix
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NoVA

Posts: 1,083
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
I did my DMW online drivers record check for $8, viewable for severals days
showed the last 11yrs of driving history. yes! 11 yrs fellas.

Its no wonder that folks are driving much nicer now!
You know how you talk about something too much and then something bad will happen in regards to it? So there are a few things I don't like to talk too much about... I think there's a karma (& legal) time limit on some of this but for example:

Buying the Porsche (the MD dealership sent me my VA sales taxes back, I went to the DMV to clarify, DMV said my title was clear nothing owed, I got 3k in my pocket).

Buying the BMW (still too new to talk about but we'll say a nice error in my favor).

The last speeding ticket I got (still a bit new but we will discuss). Ticket for pacing, had to go to court (20+), was the first case called and I missed it trying to get in the damn building (Fairfax in the construction days). Judge graciously reheard the earlier missed cases. Same judge that got me out of my 101 in a 55. Same lawyer for that ticket I used was there. Dropped the speed to a 4 point ticket, go pay the fine. I wait and wait and the clerk still doesn't have the paperwork (court room is empty, everything heard). She leaves and hunts down my papers so I can pay. I pay. Normal enough though a bit strange.

Now... the ticket has never affected my insurance. My insurance company shows no record of me receiving it (2.5 years later). So... my fear is if I pay the $8 and pull my record it will have unintended consequences. A short summary will have to do for another 6 months or so

Sometimes you're better off in the dark
__________________
ettil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #32
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ettil View Post
You know how you talk about something too much and then something bad will happen in regards to it? So there are a few things I don't like to talk too much about... I think there's a karma (& legal) time limit on some of this but for example:

Buying the Porsche (the MD dealership sent me my VA sales taxes back, I went to the DMV to clarify, DMV said my title was clear nothing owed, I got 3k in my pocket).

Buying the BMW (still too new to talk about but we'll say a nice error in my favor).

The last speeding ticket I got (still a bit new but we will discuss). Ticket for pacing, had to go to court (20+), was the first case called and I missed it trying to get in the damn building (Fairfax in the construction days). Judge graciously reheard the earlier missed cases. Same judge that got me out of my 101 in a 55. Same lawyer for that ticket I used was there. Dropped the speed to a 4 point ticket, go pay the fine. I wait and wait and the clerk still doesn't have the paperwork (court room is empty, everything heard). She leaves and hunts down my papers so I can pay. I pay. Normal enough though a bit strange.

Now... the ticket has never affected my insurance. My insurance company shows no record of me receiving it (2.5 years later). So... my fear is if I pay the $8 and pull my record it will have unintended consequences. A short summary will have to do for another 6 months or so

Sometimes you're better off in the dark

it must be a girl thing, for they get away with murder in most times. Dont get me started with about my daughter





but I understand.. what did you say again ?
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #33
ettil
ugh
 
ettil's Avatar
 
Drives: broken 328ix
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NoVA

Posts: 1,083
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
it must be a girl thing, for they get away with murder in most times. Dont get me started with about my daughter





but I understand.. what did you say again ?
Hey I get caught w/plenty! Really - always have and sure I always will.

And for bad karma: my husbands Escape get hit in a parking lot - no note. A week or so later my car gets hit in a parking lot - no note
__________________
ettil is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #34
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,872
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
I know I wont have that problem if I drive a hummer

Last edited by ase2dais; 07-18-2008 at 05:44 PM.
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST