E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Bluebat Vinyl Overlays Completed w/ Pics (56k Warning)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-24-2008, 04:32 AM   #45
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
 
simp0man's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, Ca

Posts: 2,522
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I ordered mines monday and got it 3 days later. Same state about 400 miles apart prob why I got it sooner.
__________________
simp0man is offline   Cambodia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 08:15 AM   #46
e90phan
Colonel
 
e90phan's Avatar
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in your rear view mirror

Posts: 2,858
iTrader: (22)

simp0 - have you installed the overlays yet? did you have any issues due to the packaging of them?
__________________
e90phan is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #47
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
 
simp0man's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, Ca

Posts: 2,522
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
This weekend. Been busy at work but will def post pics when done.
__________________
simp0man is offline   Cambodia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #48
Alpine 335i
Banned.....not!
 
Alpine 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bakersfield, Cali

Posts: 1,023
iTrader: (1)

how did you guys order? thanks in advance.
__________________
JuiceBox3 1.4 Map 5, AR Design CL DPs, BMS Filter, LUX 4.0, 8k HID fogs, Matte Black Grill, Matte Black Badges, Black/White Roundels, Blacklines, Matte Black Finishing Rods, MFD Matte Black Scoops, Amber Overlays, Tinted Sidemarkers, Tinted all around, LED Courtesy Lights
Alpine 335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #49
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
 
simp0man's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, Ca

Posts: 2,522
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
His website is this: WWW.BLUEBATMOBILE.NET
I don't think he has the e92 pix but he has some available. Just email him and if you have a paypal account which is recommended you can pay through that. I paid 83 out the door. Pictures soon.
__________________
simp0man is offline   Cambodia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #50
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Guys--all I can say is mine were "flattened" during the trip (NO TUBE was used--just envelope) and I was also very concerned. They were 100% fine. No marks ---I was shocked that there was not any sign of the mail "damage". Now, mine were kinda rolled up then got flattened during the trip accross the USA. All I can say is I sware mine went on great. NO ISSUES!!! Weird they were smashed in the tube???? WTH???

** I also trimmed mine after I installed them (few days later)--look fantastic! ONE OF MY FAV mods so far!!!! FOR SO CHEAP!

Let me know if you want pics of the trimmed lights....
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #51
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

ps---took about one full week once ordered shipped from CA to MD.
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-27-2008, 08:03 PM   #52
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335 i SG, 6MT, CWP, BT, NAVI
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Downingtown, PA

Posts: 574
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgneub View Post

Let me know if you want pics of the trimmed lights....
I would like to see it. I have the same color car as you too! Lets see!
Sea2Ski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #53
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for asking--I was reallly hoping someone would ask! LOL---let me take a shot and load them up....again--caught me with a dirty car!!
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #54
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Enjoy! Note flash was on and certain angles you can see the orange MORE only because the flash hit the headlight "just right". Good to see the trim though. Just tighter around the amber. I ONLY trimmed the top--NOT the bottom part of the light (amber on the top of the light--did not bother trimming the bottom amber area).
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #55
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Guess it would help if I included the pics, ya think?
Attached Images
     
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #56
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Here are some quick BEFORE BEFORE trimming just so you can see them on the same page....
I guess these pics suck over all. Too far away??? I guess you cant even see a diff in the before trim and after.....If you need more closer up --just let me know and I will add them (after trim only). I am trying to watch my 2year old and take a pic in the dark garage (RAINING OUT). Not a fun combination......
Attached Images
      

Last edited by Cinnamonstick; 08-28-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 07:08 PM   #57
Sea2Ski
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335 i SG, 6MT, CWP, BT, NAVI
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Downingtown, PA

Posts: 574
iTrader: (1)

The pics are fine. The thing that I guess I am questioning is that in some of the pics - it does not look like you have an overlay at all. Is that just because the flash hit it just perfectly? I was looking for a much darker overlay.

And thank you for posting them!
Sea2Ski is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #58
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
 
simp0man's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, Ca

Posts: 2,522
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I tried putting the vinyl on and it turns out there is some serious modification. It doesn't fit properly so some professional work is required. I am going to a tint shop to do it. I am doing next month along with my tinting. Sorry for the wait.
__________________
simp0man is offline   Cambodia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #59
e90phan
Colonel
 
e90phan's Avatar
 
Drives: slow
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in your rear view mirror

Posts: 2,858
iTrader: (22)

^ oh snap!
__________________
e90phan is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #60
MounisM
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330XI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgneub View Post
Guess it would help if I included the pics, ya think?

the 2nd and 5th picture the trim looks a little different is it the same you have not done anything other than placing the sticker right?
MounisM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #61
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Let me try to answer the questions.....

#1 Yes! some photos look much more orange from the flash "just hitting right". Actually some shots looked so orange I didnt load them up but they do NOT look like that in regular light. Just strong flash of camera.....

#2 I sware--I am a girl here---not much skill (I am NOT crafty). I sware this was not bad. ONCE I figured out how to "work it". Lots of water to keep the tint moving and not sticking. I added water several times (spray bottle) when the tint began to stick (dry). Biggest problem was HOW to put it on. I decided to wrap the edges around the edges of the light (back about 1/2 inch behind the light---or not on the flat surface of the light --sides). That helped once I decided HOW to apply it (line it up). First one took maybe 20-30 mins top??? Second 15 mins. The problem with #1 was again, HOW to line it up. I had NO IDEA. It was frustrating but once I figured out what I wanted to do...all went well. Bubbles are just about ZERO believe it or not. I used the credit card wrapped in a soft cloth to push out extra water once it was just perfect.

#3 IMO no need for a tint shop. To each his own. I found that with WATER---to avoid the tint from sticking...I had plenty of time to adjust and readjust and readjust and readjust and yes, readjust. More water, curse word, water, adjust, curse, adjust adjust etc.


I think the second and the fifth pics look different because of the ANGLE. ALL in that series (after series) were taken INSIDE my garage. When the flash hit the car light--you saw WAY more "orange". When the flash did not hit directly--it looks almost black. It does not quite look that dark as in pics 2/5 in the "sunlight". It looks that dark because it was taken in the garage on a rainy day (garage lights ON). The pic below was taken in the sunlight outside.

I am not affiliated with BB in any way. I just bought his product and happen to think it was darn good for the price. Sure--changing out the lights is better..but I am not paying the $$. This was a super cheap way to make my car look much nicer IMO.

SimpO--Sorry you found it difficult to apply. It was tricky. I did have to fold it on the corners (tucked corners around edge) but it all went on well for me with LOTS of playing around......who knows! Maybe you would see it in person and say it looks like crap.

Sea--it is the flash that makes it look or orange (like no overlay). This made a HUGE difference to my car. I chose the photo below to show how my car looks when I approach it in a parking lot on a sunny day. SMOKED out amber. Hints of orange but NO WAY orange like it was...not even close!!!


Anybody want closer pics I will take 'em to help you all out/decide if you want to order them. PLEASE JUST ASK! I can take a #$)(# load this weekend on a SUNNY day if anyone wants more!

Good luck.






IN SUNLIGHT:
Attached Images
 
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2008, 05:36 PM   #62
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

This was also taken before trim on a sunny day outside....

Hell of a difference before and after. Middle orange photo is "before".




OH--and the photo to the left--the chick--is me!
Attached Images
   

Last edited by Cinnamonstick; 08-29-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #63
MounisM
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330XI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgneub View Post
This was also taken before trim on a sunny day outside....

Hell of a difference before and after. Middle orange photo is "before".




OH--and the photo to the left--the chick--is me!

ok i email the guy but got to answer from him not sure how long it takes to place the order and everything. Anyways when you say you trimming are you talking about the Headlight Sidemarker Overlay ? and how did you trim them?
MounisM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #64
Cinnamonstick
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC

Posts: 287
iTrader: (0)

Hello again. OK.....lets see.

Yes--headlight sidemarker overlay.

It took BB a few days to email me back....I was excited so it seemed like forever.....


ok....
The trim kinda looks like a sideways "V". Following? When I put them on my car I could not figure out how to line it up just right because the "V" was a bit too long and a bit too wide. I actually wondered if maybe I was suppose to take my light out to apply them. But I didnt. That is when I decided to wrap them "deeper" along the back edges and needed to use a credit card to help smooth that area flat since my fingers could not fit in that area between the car and the head light. That helped a lot. Bingo.

Anyway--once I put them on the smoke area was still LONGER (extended beyond the orange peaks that move toward the center of the car) and wider (thicker) than the orange area. I was ok with it but two people (a poster on this board and my B.I.L.) commented to trim them. The poster said he trimmed his with a razor after installing them. So that is what I did! YOU MUST be very careful not to cut your light plastic light covers. The poster said he did and I also cut one of mine a tad. I took the sharp razor blade and just followed the orange edge. Then (this was a bitch) I went back and picked the trim off that I wanted to remove (maybe 1/2 inch wide area narrowing down to 1/4 inch).


I think it would be too hard to tim BEFORE you install them due to the fact that it depends HOW you install them to what areas would need to be made thinner or shorter. I needed to play around A LOT with the trim--move it up, move it down, pull it toward the outter edge...then adjust the top...then the bottom......etc. I was frustrated. THRILLED with the results.

It is "risky" with the razor since you may cut the plastic light cover. My cut is right along the edge of the smoked inside edge toward the center of the light. You cant really see it, but I can feel it with my finger nail when I slide it over.

I do not know if I installed them correctly to be honest. How far do you wrap them around the sides? Was I to remove the light fixture? Who knows......

I think they look great! For the price again, makes a HUGE difference in my cars look. I think it changed my cars look more than my front splitters and even the rear spoiler. I notice the smoke tints much more. Maybe because I always hated that stupid orange!!


Please let me know if I am not clear....it is hard to describe.

Wow...I have a headache!! I need another drink....
Cinnamonstick is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #65
simp0man
Not looking 2 SPEED, just looking GOOD
 
simp0man's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stockton, Ca

Posts: 2,522
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Ayone want my overlays for the roof? I decided it is not worth it. Do-able but the idea of it resembling a scion, killed it. M3 spurred it but not anymore. Anyone?
__________________
simp0man is offline   Cambodia
0
Reply With Quote
      08-31-2008, 09:37 AM   #66
MounisM
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 330XI
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgneub View Post
Hello again. OK.....lets see.

Yes--headlight sidemarker overlay.

It took BB a few days to email me back....I was excited so it seemed like forever.....


ok....
The trim kinda looks like a sideways "V". Following? When I put them on my car I could not figure out how to line it up just right because the "V" was a bit too long and a bit too wide. I actually wondered if maybe I was suppose to take my light out to apply them. But I didnt. That is when I decided to wrap them "deeper" along the back edges and needed to use a credit card to help smooth that area flat since my fingers could not fit in that area between the car and the head light. That helped a lot. Bingo.

Anyway--once I put them on the smoke area was still LONGER (extended beyond the orange peaks that move toward the center of the car) and wider (thicker) than the orange area. I was ok with it but two people (a poster on this board and my B.I.L.) commented to trim them. The poster said he trimmed his with a razor after installing them. So that is what I did! YOU MUST be very careful not to cut your light plastic light covers. The poster said he did and I also cut one of mine a tad. I took the sharp razor blade and just followed the orange edge. Then (this was a bitch) I went back and picked the trim off that I wanted to remove (maybe 1/2 inch wide area narrowing down to 1/4 inch).


I think it would be too hard to tim BEFORE you install them due to the fact that it depends HOW you install them to what areas would need to be made thinner or shorter. I needed to play around A LOT with the trim--move it up, move it down, pull it toward the outter edge...then adjust the top...then the bottom......etc. I was frustrated. THRILLED with the results.

It is "risky" with the razor since you may cut the plastic light cover. My cut is right along the edge of the smoked inside edge toward the center of the light. You cant really see it, but I can feel it with my finger nail when I slide it over.

I do not know if I installed them correctly to be honest. How far do you wrap them around the sides? Was I to remove the light fixture? Who knows......

I think they look great! For the price again, makes a HUGE difference in my cars look. I think it changed my cars look more than my front splitters and even the rear spoiler. I notice the smoke tints much more. Maybe because I always hated that stupid orange!!


Please let me know if I am not clear....it is hard to describe.

Wow...I have a headache!! I need another drink....

RAZOR haahahah i was afraid of that you just made it clear. Anyways that was very helpfull really i apreacate it i can't wait for them to contact me back so i can order them and place it on my car, i hope everything works out even though my car is black , just can't waitt.
MounisM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
amber, blue batmobile, roof, tail lights, vinyl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:38 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST