E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Speed Religion (and my E92)

07-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #1
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E92 330d SE Steptronic

Speed Religion (and my E92)

Just a heads up for the gents on the UK forum.

Bought my first E92 last week, which had the 17`OEM alloys on it. At the time, I really didn`t want one with these particular alloys on, but the deal on the car was so good, I certainly didn`t want to turn it down just for the sake of a set of wheels !

Anyway, after seeking advice from various parties (most notably "gizze", on here, and TSN ), I finally made a decision on what I wanted, and on deciding to keep the car as OEM as I could, I needed to source some CSL alloys, which is where Speed Religion came in.

"Speed Religion" is owned/run by Ant, (formerly of "Ant and Pete", I believe), who is ex-BMW. Accordingly, he knows the marque very well, and can offer a tuning and parts service, both "hands-on", and retail. It is co-run by Mark, who is also very knowledgeable, and to be honest, I found both lads highly approachable and very good to work with. Their service is second-to-none, their premises (in Warrington, Cheshire) spotless and easy to find, and their manner highly accomodating.

In this particular instance, they supplied me with some excellent OEM CSL`s at an excellent price, and fitted them for free.

In short, I would not hesitate to use their services again..........and before anyone asks; no, I am not being paid for this free plug; I just believe in giving credit where it`s due............!

Anyway, here`s the pics of my new (used) E92: It`s a 330d SE, with steptronic, in Montego Blue, with cream/beige Dakota interior, and to sum it up.......................WHAT A CAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.......and finally, here`s the link to Speed Religion:

http://www.speedreligion.net/

Last edited by encee; 07-30-2008 at 04:09 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:05 PM   #2
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Gorgeous! Love the CSL's!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
gIzzE
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Mercedes ML, F25 X3 and 2.8i Z

Looking good Neil, and so much better to go with OEM wheels instead of reps.

You can sell it back to BMW with them on too, which is a bonus.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep

Drives: 335D Coupe

nice car , congratulations

( one word .... remap )

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Cheers gents.

Yes gizze, as you suggested a couple of weeks ago, it`s good being able to trade it back in as OEM, come the time, and I should be able to recoup some of the cost by selling my original 17`s on ebay.

Expect to see them up there soon !
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post
nice car , congratulations

( one word .... remap )

CD: Just DON`T go there mate !!

Already been speaking to Ant about this, in passing you understand........

I`m thoroughly enjoying the grunt that this thing has as stock at the moment, but I`ve no idea how long I can hold out.

I believe Ant`s remap takes it up to around 275bhp; what the torque-figure is I don`t know, but that`s the important one...........!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep

Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Those 19" CSL alloys?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
What suspension have you got mate? Thought about a drop?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Willhollin: Yes mate, 19` OEM CSL`s.

booforty: Yes mate, I`d be the first to admit that it probably needs a drop, certainly on the front anyway (and I`m waiting for some of our American colleagues to drop in and tell me, as they seem very keen on it over there )

To be honest though, due to the state of the crap roads in this country, I`m keen to conserve the ride comfort, which I think is excellent (now I`ve gotten rid of those bloody awful runflats !)

Think I`ll keep it as it is for the moment.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Very nice colour combinations. Tidy looking car.

Think the 19's fill the wheel arches nicely.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #11
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Very nice colour combinations. Tidy looking car.

Think the 19's fill the wheel arches nicely.

Thanks for that, good of you to say-so.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 02:07 AM   #12
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
They look good matey - but are they definitely original equipment CSL's?? I cant see the stamp between the wheel nuts?? They look good either way - and the car definitely needs dropping from an aesthetic point of view. If you have the M Sport suspension on it then you will be very surprised how little you lose by way of ride comfort when you drop it. Ive got H&R's on my 335i which had M Sport suspension as standard and i was amazed how good the ride remained after the drop. Ive also got 19" 230's and there is loads of room in the arches after the drop with no chance of any rubbing issues whatsoever.
      07-30-2008, 02:28 AM   #13
creepy coupe
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Very nice indeed, and I like the black dash trim with the cream, classy.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 02:46 AM   #14
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Agree with bailey, take a ride in a car with M-Sport suspension and you will be surprised how good the ride is! A drop will help improve the sporty look of the CSL's and will finish off the look of your car really well
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #15
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbailey View Post
They look good matey - but are they definitely original equipment CSL's?? I cant see the stamp between the wheel nuts?? They look good either way - and the car definitely needs dropping from an aesthetic point of view. If you have the M Sport suspension on it then you will be very surprised how little you lose by way of ride comfort when you drop it. Ive got H&R's on my 335i which had M Sport suspension as standard and i was amazed how good the ride remained after the drop. Ive also got 19" 230's and there is loads of room in the arches after the drop with no chance of any rubbing issues whatsoever.

Yes mate, definitely OEM CSL`s (just been in the garage for another look at them after reading this.....)

The pics I`ve taken aren`t great, as the light was fading (and I`m no photographer), but there are actually five different things stamped on between the wheel nuts; two of them look like serial-type nos, one says "RG" something, one is the size of the wheel, and the last (and most important) says " BMW ". I also remember that they were stamped on the inside with "BBS" when Ant showed them to me, and I believe they are actually manufactured by BBS ? So yes, I`m happy that they`re original.

I believe that Ant can actually source these directly from BMW, as his folks used to have a BMW dealership, and he still has the contacts, etc...

Thanks for the interest, anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 04:06 AM   #16
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Very nice indeed, and I like the black dash trim with the cream, classy.
Cheers mate; and yes, the interior was one of the things I liked most about it, (and I know this sounds a bit "airy-fairy"), as it makes it a VERY pleasant environment to drive around in.......nice and light !
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 06:09 AM   #17
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Lovely wheels

Enjoy your new car!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 06:52 AM   #18
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: X5 4.8is, Lambo Gallardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by encee View Post
Just a heads up for the gents on the UK forum.

Bought my first E92 last week, which had the 17`OEM alloys on it. At the time, I really didn`t want one with these particular alloys on, but the deal on the car was so good, I certainly didn`t want to turn it down just for the sake of a set of wheels !

Anyway, after seeking advice from various parties (most notably "gizze", on here, and TSN ), I finally made a decision on what I wanted, and on deciding to keep the car as OEM as I could, I needed to source some CSL alloys, which is where Speed Religion came in.

"Speed Religion" is owned/run by Ant, (formerly of "Ant and Pete", I believe), who is ex-BMW. Accordingly, he knows the marque very well, and can offer a tuning and parts service, both "hands-on", and retail. It is co-run by Mark, who is also very knowledgeable, and to be honest, I found both lads highly approachable and very good to work with. Their service is second-to-none, their premises (in Warrington, Cheshire) spotless and easy to find, and their manner highly accomodating.

In this particular instance, they supplied me with some excellent OEM CSL`s at an excellent price, and fitted them for free.

In short, I would not hesitate to use their services again..........and before anyone asks; no, I am not being paid for this free plug; I just believe in giving credit where it`s due............!

Anyway, here`s the pics of my new (used) E92: It`s a 330d SE, with steptronic, in Montego Blue, with cream/beige Dakota interior, and to sum it up.......................WHAT A CAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.......and finally, here`s the link to Speed Religion:

http://www.speedreligion.net/

Thanks for your very kind words Neil, glad your happy!

Enjoy the car and speak soon Buddy.

ant.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #19
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
Great looking car there Neil, and the CSL's suit it perfectly. They are easily the best looking alloy BMW have produced recently. Montego Blue would have been my choice if it was available in M Sport. It is such a rich looking blue.
Enjoy the car and good luck resisting the remap
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 07:47 AM   #20
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cdsport View Post
Great looking car there Neil, and the CSL's suit it perfectly. They are easily the best looking alloy BMW have produced recently. Montego Blue would have been my choice if it was available in M Sport. It is such a rich looking blue.
Enjoy the car and good luck resisting the remap

Cheers mate, and thanks very much for the comments.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 09:13 AM   #21
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Drives: 320d SE Coupe

Garage List
encee, I echo the other guys comments about your car - mind I would as i have the same colour and trim

What are you doing about punctures now you are off the run-flats? Is it goo and compressor, jack and spare wheel - or trusting to luck?
      07-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #22
gIzzE
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Mercedes ML, F25 X3 and 2.8i Z

Just to let people know, all BMW alloys from M cars can take a run flat. Not that you would, but they are all H2 or H2+ rims.
Appreciate 0